Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

it's kind of funny to me that people talk about how much better the brand-new stuff looks over other ARR gear cause the caster and dow one are both just recolors of the first dungeon set anyways
at least the tanking set is borrowing from an i70 model so it would technically take longer to get that equivalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Baldesion Arsenal is one of the coolest things in the game and it's worth doing Eureka to experience. Also get a sick mount for beating it the first time!

BA ftw

RME
Feb 20, 2012

theres pretty little reason to not stack cooldowns, the diminishing returns thing barely ends up mattering because stacking them lets them come back up sooner anyways

dont let sheltrons guage fool you, 5 gauge every auto works out to around the same 25s (a little quicker if you stay in auto attack range the whole time), so its quite spammable ultimately

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the trick with aurum vale is to pull through the boss barrier around the corner after hugging the left wall
no more patrols and itll pull the ranged mobs to you

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The tank having aoe is sufficient alone at low level dungeons

RME
Feb 20, 2012

quiggy posted:

It was just now, so I guess the pop was around 1:20 PM ET. I'm playing as WHM too which made it especially frustrating.

ARF is only in 5678 which is a pretty low reward roulette unfortunately. It'd be nice if they restructured the roulettes a bit so it was either more desirable to run 5678 with a bit more regularity (wouldn't be surprised if a relic step incentivizes it directly, but that's a bandaid) or if they did something like MSQ required 5678 dungeons also appeared in levelling.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

If you really wanna maximize then you wanna chain stuff that’s higher than you and break off when profitable NMs are reachable

But most people don’t do that and elect to hop NMs as their main focus, leaving chaining for challenge log stuff

RME
Feb 20, 2012

All quests happen when they’re supposed to happen, not when you do them

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I too would die if someone came up to me and spoke French

RME
Feb 20, 2012

All group content is in instances for MSQ, so just dungeons and an occasional boss fight

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The chocobo acts on its own whims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Do side content you want but there’s no reason to feel compelled to do it before EW regardless of peoples imagined importance to it. The extra cameos are neat but mostly just amount to “thanks for the help earlier, I’m here to get your back now”. it’s all cool but non-essential.

It’s all good content and I would recommend doing it eventually, but it’s not going anywhere any time soon so you might as well be in the mood for it when you do get around to it. It already sounds like you wanna do the nier stuff so that’s a good place to start