Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They usually work fine(TM) without spamming commands but especially adds or stuff you have to destroy to make a boss vulnerable will trip them up, so I just ended up putting the engage/disengage keys on two mouse buttons when I ran squadrons.

The outlier in squadrons is the healer, it's the one role that's generally worse than having a player do it. Their raw healing numbers and DPS are fine but the AI seems to wait until someone is below ~50% health before they even start casting a heal. This works in single trash packs or against a boss, but they don't care about how fast damage is coming in, so the squishy player will melt while the healer finishes another cast of Break (an old single target DPS role ability for healers, which the squad healers use a lot) first. And the squadron tank is pretty sturdy, but might still die while you tried to pull the entire Brayflox swamp area (RIP) at once.

Bringing an arcanist for DPS helps because they will spot-heal with physick. I also ran ACT with squadrons for a while and if you have multiple targets, arcanist (even before the pet) is better DPS than archers, on top of the healing support. So if you want to farm squadron dungeons solely for the achievement and GC rank, go on a healer. If you want to level DPS jobs without a queue (and without a single dungeon taking half an hour :v:), go with conjurer, arcanist and any tank. Although I prefered MRD because IIRC the GLD only has the old no-damage AoE, Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yes, you will lose a level on that squadron member (and their look will reset) but that's it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Raenir Salazar posted:

Alright I must've Mandela'd my memory of it being available somehow, because now its past 11 and the reward bonus is back.

I am going to also try and make sure sounds stay on when tabbed, which sound specifically is the duty finder sound?

fake edit: Accidentily hit post on "stay".
This should let the duty finder ping through alt-tab:
System Configuration, Sound Settings, [x] Play sounds when window is not active, [x] System Sounds

Just make sure you don't mute master volume and system sounds in general.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The actual level of you as a tank will influence how well these pulls will go. Due to the unlocking feature of role skills it's very possible to go into the initial dungeons with only a single defensive cooldown (rampart) which is a huge difference to syncing down to two or three (reprisal, arm's length).

And whether you're the only one with AoE or if there's one or two DPS with it (THM/BLM, RDM or one of the ranged classes and jobs) and whether some mobs die on the move.

I recently ran a Copperbell on some melee (single target everything :toot:) and the tank was trying to run all the way to the first exploding rock, and finally died there. It wasn't inevitable but the healer got caught off-guard and probably lagged behind at first, and then made the usual mistake of trying to slow raise the tank while mobs ate everyone else in the meantime. I think it's a good idea to announce these plans if you have any doubt the healer, especially, is ready for it.

orcane fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 17, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

Is there a way to get a glamour dresser in your house? I can see that I can have every other feature of an inn room except an interactable bed (And even then, I can /doze on one before logging off to pretend, but I don't get the entire-rear end flop my roe does in the inn) and maybe the Aesthetician bell.

I suppose it might be a coding issue, the instancing of housing is not the same solo instancing of the inn room, and might do weird things if you were trying to set up a glam while someone else was in the room. Or if two people tried to use the dresser at the same time.
The official reason is it would blow up the known universe if they allowed dressers into apartments/houses and someone accessed it, that's why you can't have one. Or something like that.

The aesthetician bell is available though, it's called "crystal bell" and should be very cheap on the market.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think the issue is that people in different houses/rooms are still accessing it from the same server (housing) instance at the same time.

But the inn rooms, which are reportedly shared by everyone except the game isn't loading other players, those work somehow? I don't know, it's just super wonky and badly implemented overall.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
FC chests use black inventory magic, if duty finder pops you can keep using them unlike every other window/dialogue/option that's instantly locked down and unusable if it may touch your inventory or items in any way.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
ARR paladin is just boring bad, while HW paladin is bad bad. Gladiator is significantly better than both, and so is the SB paladin story (because it's the gladiator story).

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That's not etiquette, that's the general recommendation to people who end up in a DF queue for an ex fight for half a day. If you just want to clear them from your quest log, consider unsyncing, if you want to genuinely learn or clear an ex synced, other people who want that are generally using PF.

But! Absolutely do run them through DF if you want to and know the above caveat. Do not give a gently caress about people getting mad their precious mentor roulette didn't give them a 2 minute guildhest, they know what they signed up for.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Correct. It will show every recipe, but if you follow up with the "search for item by crafting method" option that will only show you results in your crafting window based on your own level and unlocked recipes. So you can check what recipes use the thing, but you can't check how many things and what else is required (without going to third party sites and possibly tools), if you can't craft the item yourself.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's cool if someone wants to learn about materia and experiment, because they can always pull the materia back out and reuse/resell it. Definitely not a thing you *need* to know or care about below level 90.

It can be helpful for mid-level crafting if materia lets you hit certain stat levels that allow for shorter/better macros (the guides will tell you, though).

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mainwaring posted:

When you're putting materia on the market board compare the default price the game sets (this is what you'd get from selling it to a vendor) to the price people are selling it for.
Remarkably often people will list materia on the market board for the same price or less than a vendor would buy it, if that happens you can right-click -> "have retainer sell this item" to immediately vendor it from the same screen you'd lose to create a listing for it.

Edit: as a rule of thumb materia vendor for about 130gil so if you're ever listing materia on the market board for less than 200 you're probably better off vendoring it
Tooltips contain a lot of information people are often not aware of, including the vendor price. I wrote a bunch of :words: on tooltips for a friend before, would that be of any interest here?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Alright, I extended it a bit to cover a few more details. First I'll look at the tooltip of equipment:

The top will be empty if you can freely trade an item, or contain information on why you can't:

• Unique means you can't have this item more than once per "inventory". Your equipped gear, bags and armory chest are one inventory, chocobo saddlebags are a different inventory, and each retainer is yet another unique inventory. If you need to keep multiples of a unique item, like treasure maps, you can spread them to your saddlebags, all retainers and even to your mailbox (you'll have to get them sent there from someone else).
  • Untradeable are items that can't be traded between players at all, ie. most gear that drops or is bought for tokens.
  • Binding means a previously tradeable item is now untradeable because it started spiritbinding once you "used" it. There's a way around this for furniture I won't get into here.

Also in the first line there are three icons in the top right corner:

• The first one tells you whether an item can have a crest added to it. Crests are your FC icons, they can usually go on chestpieces, helmets and shields. To add a crest, go to the grand company HQ of your free company, and talk to the "OIC Officer of Arms". If you don't know what GC your FC belongs to, check the FC panel:

• The 2nd icon on equipment tooltips indicates whether an item can go into the glamour dresser. Most gear can be stored there, notable exceptions are items which are not allowed to lose their customization (eg. wedding rings or relic weapons in some stages).
  • The third item tells you that an item can be stored in the armoire. This applies to most seasonal event rewards, achievement rewards and some artifact gear. The advantage is that items in the armoire don't take up inventory- or glamour dresser slots, and they can be freely added to glamour plates. The downside is that you can't store items in the armoire with their (expensive) dyes.

Now the actual icon of the gear you're looking at and an alternative example:

• The first vertical bar is spiritbonding, if it's full it's at 100% and ready to be extracted (see below).
  • The 2nd bar is repair status/condition.
  • The plus sign tells you something else is glamoured over the original item, the color of the sign is the dye color. If the item that's glamoured over the original item can't be dyed, like in the 2nd icon, the plus sign will be black with a red border (in this example you also see the spiritbonding bar is empty).

I'm not going to talk much about the stats and materia parts, those are MMO basics. With one exception:

"Advanced Melding Forbidden" means you can't overmeld (add more materia than the available slots, up to five total). In my example at the beginning, you can see this line is missing and there are two empty materia slots. Melding materia in those has a 100% chance. Since it's a crafted item you can also overmeld it and add up to three more materia, but they have an increasingly high chance to blow up.

The information density at the bottom of the tooltip gets very high:
  • Condition is your repair status (at 0% you lose the item stats, if you're a crafter you can repair items above 100%). If you use a repair NPC, it will cost you the gil listed in the Quick Repairs line to restore the item to 100% condition.
  • Spiritbond goes up as you earn XP in the job using the item. This can be accelerated with spiritbonding consumables and by having materia slotted into the item.
  • Repair Level is the minimum level and crafting job you need to repair the item yourself. Personal repair consumes a catalyst listed in the Materials line.
  • Materia Melding tells you what job and level you need to meld materia to the item yourself (otherwise you can request melds from other players or use the melding NPCs). This was streamlined a while ago, in the past it required the specific job that repairs the item, now it just takes any crafter of the appropriate level.
  • Extractable means you can use materia extraction at 100% spiritbond to get free materia (this doesn't destroy the item, it only did so in the distant past).
  • Projectable means you can use it to glamour over other stuff.
  • Desynthesizable lists the level and respective desynth skill you need to get a chance for "rare" materials, otherwise it will only yield basic materials (and level up the skill). Originally you couldn't desynth an item at all if your desynth skill level was lower than this requirement. This will say "N" for items that can't be desynthesized, often the latest raid-, tomestone- or scrip gear.
  • Market Prohibited means you can't put the item on the market, but some items can still be traded player to player as long as they're not untradeable (eg. the carbonized matter required for early gatherer quests, or some materials from FC airship/submarine voyages).
  • The very last line is the crafter tag, it will say "Obtaining Signature" if the crafter didn't log in since the last downtime (it's also a valid name and a bunch of people have it across all datacenters). This will be stripped along with glamours and materia if you put the item into the glamour dresser.

I intentionally kept the two vendor lines for last, they're very useful for crafters and if you want to sell your stuff in general. Here's an example of a dye tooltip:

Shop Selling Price tells you whether an item can be bought from NPCs and for how much. If you're buying something on the market, you probably don't need to buy it for 1500 gil if it's on a vendor for 50 (but yes, sometimes you don't want to teleport all over the world to save a few hundred gil either).
  • None means it's not available from NPC vendors for gil (it can still be available for other currencies).
  • A gil value tells you there's an NPC somewhere who will sell it to you. For crafting mats that's often a starting city crafting vendor, a crafting guild vendor, a housing zone material vendor or the vendor NPCs you can put into houses and apartments (they don't have the same inventory as the vendor outside).
  • If the gil value says (Restricted), that means you have to unlock the vendor first (eg. through questlines or daily reputations).
Finally, "Sells for gil" is what you get for right-click vendoring something to a shopkeeper or your retainer, as an example it lets you quickly decide not to put materia with a vendor price of 217 gil on the market if undercutters have crashed the price to 200 gil.

orcane fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 4, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Picayune posted:

Is there any real reason I should be repairing my equipment myself instead of paying the NPC menders? I know you can 'over'-repair your equipment, but frankly it's a weird day when my stuff drops below 85% anyway and it's just so easy to pay someone else a trifle to fix it back up.
I mainly do it as a QoL bonus, I can entirely forget about talking to menders and I never end up having to leave my squadron/inn room only to repair an item I wanted to store in the glamour chest, because its at 98% durability.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They don't really have to be kept out of mechanics because they survive them just fine with their inflated hitpoints and defense.

There are about a handful of encounters where you have to position them for mechanics by disengaging, moving to where you want them, wait till the enemy reaches you, engage again. In leveling dungeons that's extremely rare, usually pointing them at important targets (usually something that gives a boss incincibility) with the engage command is fine. The main exception I can think of right now is the first boss in Dzemael Darkhold (since you need to get the boss into the crystal auras to damage it). Coincounter in Aurum Vale sometimes kills non-tank squadron members with 100-ton swing if you let him, but it's hard to get the healer or DPS squaddies out in time.

At least in the dungeons that got redesigned for duty support, they can now be valid targets for mechanics. In the old Aiatar fight in Brayflox 100% control of the poison puddles were cast on the player, which was good if you were ranged (you had complete control over where to drop them and ignore the mechanic), bad if you were a tank/melee because the boss healed while standing inside the poison - but the mechanics have changed along with the dungeon so it doesn't matter, just punch the boss and win. Tioman in Sohm Al used to spam all meteor attacks on the player, which was annoying on a healer or caster (blink and you take 2-3 of them to the face and wipe). And the last boss in the Vault didn't use the chain mechanic at all because there was only the single target, now he will do them on squadron members (who will ignore them till they explode) or a squadron member and the player (the squadron member doesn't react so you have to move more than two players would).

I really like squadrons because they're fast and customizable, gently caress this ~abloobloo people would stop running dungeons with players if NPCs were just as fast~ nonsense and let me race through Brayflox in 10 minutes like my lala sqad. Squadrons also use some of the funny old spells, like shadow flare, although marauders' overpower uses the same new circular version the players got, which broke their AI (the AI will use it from a distance while running at a pack, missing all but 0-1 targets because it's not a cone with range anymore). What's not quite as cool is they have a very limited toolkit because they're based on the original classes, not jobs (and no expansion jobs at all) and the healer AI doesn't deal well with huge pulls, especially with player tanks. But if you level them up and get a few ranks in balanced or offensive, they're very powerful and can really help going through levels 20-50 on alt jobs quickly. 50-60 is possible too, but it's less ideal because there are only two dungeons (53 and 57).

orcane fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 20, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For Halatali you really want to bind at least the engage button because you need it in every encounter. Spam it to keep the squadron hitting the first boss. Spam it to make them melt lightning sprites (they should be fine standing in the electrified water). Spam it to kill the fire sprites, then the last boss again. The squadron healer should be able to keep up, if not spam engage on the little fire motes too.

Halatali sucks.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

You don't need to do any of this unless you're a fragile class on boss 2. The squad focus on the first boss automatically, and the sprites die quickly enough on the third that you can handle it alone (melee dps squad members can die but the game's not balanced around lancers being alive until the end of fights anyway).

They only really need engage/target babysitting for Darkhold's crystals and the bubble move the third Brayflox boss can do (although again it's super weak so probably not necessary).
E: My experience was squadron guys running off to target little fire motes and being extremely bad at switching to the lightning sprites on boss two, and basically never switching to the big fire sprites that keep the boss invincible (instead they'll run off to kill the little motes again) but I did 99% of my squadron running before they touched the dungeons/AI for duty support :shrug:.

Squaddies having ADHD whenever adds spawned was definitely a thing for ages but it looks like their targeting behaviour is better now, and they fairly reliably target whatever the player targets without the need to engage (eg. in Halatali they didn't switch away from the first boss, but wouldn't switch targets to lightning sprites on the 2nd boss until I did, then on the last boss they also kept fighting the invulnerable main boss until I attacked the big fire sprites, and would go back to randomly chase down a few small adds until I attacked the boss again).

orcane fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 21, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure if that still works, but when DNC was new a single standard step could instantly pop every egg in Zu's room and wipe the group in no time.

Relyssa posted:

I still don't really understand how that fight works.
You need to control the Zu's rage by only killing a few/the right eggs. From one of the wikis:

ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com posted:

There are two types of eggs, spotted and plain. The plain eggs spawn an add that does a minor AoE while the spotted eggs spawn an add that channels onto a player. Ignore the eggs until the emote "The egg is threatening to hatch," which will cause 2-3 eggs to start to glow purple. Only kill one of them. If one of them is a spotted egg, kill it. If more than one is killed, Zu will use Flying Frenzy and bodyslam a party member, which can easily kill someone.
The problem with squadrons used to be that they were really bad at dealing with adds and targetable stuff. If left alone, they would randomly break too many eggs (they're targetable from the start after all) or kill all the hatchlings early, enraging Zu. They also probably didn't focus fire the tethered add which slowly killed you if you were the healer. The only solution was trying to keep them in line with engage spam, but depending on your role that still left part of the fight to luck, and since squadron dungeons only targeted players with mechanics, the Zu would always stomp you if it freaked out.

I don't know if any of that changed, Pharos is not available in duty support so the only improvements would be accidental, eg. from general AI changes that also affect squadron NPCs.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
No one asks you to learn openers or optimized 25 step rotations for every "alt" job but if you're creating a giant all-in-one macro for instant casts, people who already aren't pushing the right buttons fast enough will now be pushing them even slower. Instead I would advise people to spend 5 minutes per new job reading a class guide or asking someone about the job's basics.

There might be a few jobs where your preferred button setup is impractical with how many abilities these jobs got over the years. By all means, merge two OGCDs into one or two macros for that, but only as an exception (eg. I had a macro while AST's minor arcana was two buttons, thankfully they merged them again).

orcane fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 9, 2023

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
RIP "touch balls" jokes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bloody Pom posted:

My favorite permanent AFKer is the lala in Excalibur Limsa doing the Manderville dance with a fat chocobo head on.
Nimbex Nombex is the best.

He's not always in Limsa either, I've occasionally met him dancing in Gridania too.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Several of the unique event accessories have shown up a 2nd time since they started these "please keep playing until the next patch" events in ShB.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The "we're forced into CT raids because cheaters take off their gear" thing happens but it's not nearly as common as angry goons and redditors make it sound. Even if you managed to come up with a perfect system without side effects to fix this, you'll still be doing LotA very, very often because all it takes is the single guy who's responsible for the first timer bonus you're seeing, or one of the folks in Ironworks gear.

orcane fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 16, 2023

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm not sure how they missed that. Maybe they think it's no big deal but in general the MSQ leveling trials have been fairly challenging at expansion launch, and it doesn't need to be made worse with people whose gear is 10+ character levels old.

That said, they only added the leveling dungeon item level requirements in ShB so we're still early. Spaghetti code etc.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The main solution is talking to your group. Tell the other players you're new to tanking/to the dungen and while they won't expect you to door-pull, they should tell you that it's safe to pull 2 packs there (or even to just try door-pulls, depending on who's healing and what dungeon you're in). Just try it. Otherwise you'll never learn/adjust to big pulls, and the chance increases you'll run into folks who will get bored and pull three packs ahead.

Sometimes this is also healthy because it teaches the other players new stuff too - I've been in many dungeons recently, where a healer was showing habits like spamming cure 1 or medica (2) because why not, it works - and then a seasoned tank comes along, pulls two rooms at once and dies before the first set of cooldowns even wore off. If you challenge them a little with larger pulls, yeah you'll wipe once or twice, but healers can learn about actually healing and DPS will learn to use AoE skills and (ideally, I guess? :rubby:) mitigation buttons like Tactician.

orcane fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 18, 2023

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah I don't understand tanxiety. You just roundup two or three packs, pop a cooldown and spam aoes.
I think part of it is due to expectations learned in other MMOs. The part where you're the person who goes first, even in a new place where you don't know what to expect and what others expect of you, like mass pulling, skipping trash, going a certain way etc. Meanwhile, your role is unique in the group, so if you die your party might die. At least that's what I remember from way back in WoW when I tried tanking for the first time, being afraid to gently caress up and ruin everything (and what if people get mad at me?).

Of course, almost none of these problems meaningfully exist in FF14. Dungeons are corridors where you can't really get lost, you can barely skip anything, your progress is usually gated by doors and teleports every 2-3 trash packs, and even if you wipe you only lose a bit of time. Although realistically, you don't outright wipe that often from just dying as a tank thanks to raise. And if someone is hostile about it, you can kick/report/replace the jerk and get someone new to finish your run quickly.

But you're still expected to set the pace, which only gets easier with experience. And I actually agree that people are rude if they're trying to force a faster run if you're already doing reasonable multi-pulls and told them so. So, tell them to stop, and by all means kick and report them if they're assholes about it.

Still, I'll suggest new tanks to relax and take accidental and intentional adds pulled "for" you as a challenge or a source of excitement, instead of attributing it to malice and getting mad or anxious about it. Sometimes people even have good reasons, eg. if you're working on two packs out of three standing between you and the next door, or there's a patrol that might be annoying to finish with the next pack or might aggro you eventually anyway.

Others pulling additional mobs shouldn't really affect your tanking either: A mob attacking the DPS is not making you die faster, if anything it's the healer's job to complain at that point. And if the mobs move through your AoE they will quickly stick to you and you don't have to do any more work than you were already doing.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Labyrinth of the Ancients has some fun exceptions to the "debuffs are cleared if bosses die" rule. I wonder if they'll ever fix those encounters.

orcane fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 3, 2023

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mainwaring posted:

If you're in a FC that has a house you can get a private room in that house for cheaper than a public apartment (300000gil instead of 500000)
With the downside that you will lose it if you're ever removed/leaving that FC. 500k apartments are forever, and they also act as another preferred (ie. very cheap) teleport location.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Relyssa posted:

The Ul'dah monetarist lalafells are absolute scum and you're meant to hate them. Dunno what his beef with Nanamo is, but so far I can understand the reaction to meeting some characters the game explicitly sets up as villains and wanting them gone. I don't read it as wanting the entire race exterminated, just the ones he's met so far. I don't even think it's "ironic racism", just a reaction to villainy.
What other mandatory lala contacts do you have at this point in the game other than monetarists, corrupt/criminal Ul'dah guards, Gegeruju and Nashu's stalker (:v:)?

I mean there's Tataru and Papalymo, but the former is barely even a character yet and the latter is as boring as the other core scions.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

reversefungi posted:

Retainer question: I have two level 90 retainers, both RDM. I usually just send them on quick explorations to see if they bring me anything neat throughout the day, occasionally will get a really expensive glam item or something and sell it on the MB for a nice chunk of gil. Is there anything better I should using my ventures/retainers on?
In addition to what posters above mentioned, you can also use https://ffxivteamcraft.com/retainer-ventures to find the most valuable ventures for your given (or planned) retainers.

Personally my combat retainers are all different jobs so I can reuse old gear.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

reversefungi posted:

This is awesome, thank you!

And yeah, I had no idea what I was doing when leveling up retainers so I picked the one class I had at 90 at the time and made them both RDM. Still don't have any DoL/DoH jobs at 90 but definitely will plan to switch at some point. The prospect of getting a retainer up to 90 again though is a little daunting, felt like it took forever
I think the retainer skip-to-80 books are on sale too atm :v:

But yeah it makes sense to just use your first max. level jobs in the beginning, I also reset several of my retainers as I finally got my gatherers up back in the day, although the level cap was lower ie. less daunting.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For people in PBC, the last time I checked we had 70+ onions stashed. Just ask and receive free onions. For feeding the birds you don't even have to ask anyone, food and brooms (to clean the stables if they're not sparkling - clean stables give more bird XP) are freely available in the first FC chest tab.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For maximum entertainment (for us :v:) you should ask what you will look like after the fantasia. Personally I think your grizzled barbarian is fine and more interesting than the 9000th sexy catgirl but what do I know of FF14 e-fame.

Also it's not "transmog" (that would be the glamour feature in game), it's FF14's version of a race change token, it allows you to completely redesign your character as if you're making a new one (with the exception of your starter class/-city, which will remain fixed forever).

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

I did threaten to become a lalafell if she keeps up with this.
Perfect :3:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Brain In A Jar posted:

I’m levelling Gunbreaker (65 at the moment) and the AOE rotation seems to not have a spender. Did I miss something in the later skills, or is switching back to single target once your cartridges are full the intended play style?
Fated Circle at 72.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
you can use this to calculate the colors:
https://ffxiv.pf-n.co/chocobo-color

and then use world visit (or possibly data center travel if the differences are large enough) to get your desired fruit cheaper:
https://universalis.app/

also goon FCs might have some of the fruits in the FC chest

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Make switching through the gearset list (or the buttons you can pull out of it) a habit so you're not entering a level 60 (e.g.) dungeon/raid without a job stone :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
moogle bitcoins

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They scaled Castrum Merdianum and Praetorium down to 4-player content and split Praetorium almost two years ago, it used to include what's now Porta Decumana (Ultima Weapon) as well as the final fight against a certain ascian that's now a singleplayer duty (sadly you have to replay a good amount of MSQ in NG+ to play it).

The Cape Westwind trial also got turned into a story duty at the same time.

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
yeah that's what I wrote :)