Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

How did I never loving notice that Eorzea is shaped like Africa?

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1568984208198012933

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they have claimed to be planning the next 10 years so if theres one every 2.5 years thats 4. yoshiP is a big deal exec now and has said the game is his life's work so i think 3 is a good bet. ceiling is a tougher guess if we just mean full-fledged expansions, over under is 5.5

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think yoshiP did also say doing a fresh mmo is also something he wanted to do which makes sense as i imagine theyve learned a ton over the last 10 years. i would suggest he may want to do a different setting after being entrenched in final fantasy but its not like square has a bunch of ip with the same global appeal

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 3, 2022

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

after the 6th expansion they will just have an ai do machine learning to keep churning them out. hell they have all the raw audio of the voice actors they need to automate that too

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

granted i havent gotten into current extremes but i just hit 90 on all my combat classes and the only melding i have done whatsoever is for the blue mage final battle

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the songs are just your buffs i don't get it. if it was straight archer it would be the same thing except three of your attacks would have green feather effects instead of music notes or whatever

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you should do what you feel like doing but the real answer is just do the MSQ imo. when you get into heavensward it will get good and then you'll be invested enough to know, do i want to spend time doing x for y? for relics, the arr ones are a big grind compared to the later ones so the only reasonable answer is no. the poetics gear will be basically the best possible for all old content and there's no reason to bother with materia until endgame tbh

scrips are kind of like the poetics equivalent for crafters. you get them from collectible turn-ins and will first want to spend them on the 50-60-70-80 gear. like any other job crafters have class quests too; i did not care to get invested in the ARR ones but they get better, and when you get to shadowbringers and endwalker there is a capstone quest if you do all the job quests for each archetype and that was good motivation for me. levequests are only useful getting crafters through the first 50 levels in my experience

for retainers, go to your grand company and do expert delivery provision turn-ins for excess gear you get from dungeons. trade that currency in for ventures at the quartermaster then you can send your retainers on long or short excursions to level them up and theyll bring you back stuff. its mostly just for money-making. you can sell stuff on the marketboard through your retainer so the HQ gear you get from msq stuff is probably worth more selling it than turning it in

treasure hunt groups are probably going to be for level 90 maps. youll start to get maps once youre into heavensward and doing the weekly catbook, or from gathering

tribal quests also have a capstone quest that makes doing them appealing but you'll definitely want to wait until you clear ARR and get flying in all those zones

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

think you just turned off your tank stance better check that code

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ive never skipped a cutscene but i do mash through some without really reading, which you might argue is a pointless distinction

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bad form to post that in the new players thread, half of which is reassuring people that no one will get pissy online if they gently caress up

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that doesnt matter at all really that's like a red herring in a trailer that amounts to nothing. certainly shouldnt be in the first paragraph about the character lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I got spoiled on P5R just because I wanted to see who voiced the new character. I was annoyed! they should get rid of google (sincere)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Arist posted:

Stormblood is good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you spend more than 30 seconds thinking about someone making a dungeon take 8 minutes longer because they arent tanking optimally in your timesink mmo you should log off and get some real problems

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope next expac has more chocobo levels and also a chocobo role quest

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes arr stinks and dont forget that everyone is dressed like an ugly clown too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also i'm not sure you're actually out of ARR yet. i believe credits roll twice. but things will start actually happening soon. stormblood is good