Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Is there a version of that with larger text? Even at full size that's difficult to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

RME posted:

it's kind of funny to me that people talk about how much better the brand-new stuff looks over other ARR gear cause the caster and dow one are both just recolors of the first dungeon set anyways
at least the tanking set is borrowing from an i70 model so it would technically take longer to get that equivalent

I don't think I collected a single full dungeon set in my entire time leveling. The brand new set is super quick and easy to get a nice looking coordinated set.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I still get ridiculous tankxiety and I've gotten a couple jobs to 50+ now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

sassassin posted:

I won't commend someone who used Rescue even if they're the only person left.

Going to use rescue on you every opportunity

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Love to see the standard "Adds, Belly, Chains" copy/paste every single time a queue pops into CT without a single explanation for the newcomers.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

Whenever I want to zone out and relax, I swap to healer and put on MSQ roulette. It's absolutely the weirdest thing.

I do this but sometimes I zone out too much and forget that I'm supposed to heal

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Healers tend to enjoy the game of tank hp limbo, especially if they think you're not going to get pasted immediately.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

euphronius posted:

I got a a major plot twist around level 47 where an identify was revealed .

Holy hell I did not think I could care and be shocked like that about a mmo .

This is from a while ago but I cannot for the life of me remember what this is referring to.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

I've been stuffing every materia I get into a retainer, and tried combining them with Mutamix a few times, but unless there's a faster way to get better ones out of crap, it looks like I should just sell everything below IV or V. Well, put certain IIIs on the MB, crafter quests need those.

I'm thinking Lahabrea? *checks* Yeah, Escape from Castrum Centri.

Ah yeah I forgot about that whole thing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I for one am glad that raids are not multi-hour affairs like they were in WoW and such. I don't have the energy for that sort of thing anymore and it's nice that the endgame group content is relatively accessible.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

ARR relic, just generating lights. 40 something runs of aurum vale, huh. What a beating

more like aurum fail

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

Incidentally my biggest ARR quest disappointment is that Archer leads to bard. The final quests for archer are very well staged, in terms of cinematography, and come off as a component episode from an action tv show. And then I'll be a performer, a minstrel? I didn't really mentally sign on to become a Bard, so I'm just going to let the class go..

This is my biggest gripe about ARC/BRD too. I have very little interest in the performance/song stuff, I just wanna shoot arrows at things.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I should specify that I say this as someone who has BRD up in the 80s. I like archery, still not super sold on the song stuff.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's not about the mechanics, I have no idea how Bard plays because I ended the Archer quest line and said "Nah I don't want my WoL to be a bard for RP reasons." I personally navigate a little head cannon for all the jobs I go into, and why, and Archer fit for me in a way Bard doesn't. It's 100% subjective and personal and someone else could have made the transition with zero problem.

This is basically my take on it, but I powered through it anyway. Will definitely not be sticking with it for entirely subjective reasons.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

orcane posted:

Tooltips contain a lot of information people are often not aware of, including the vendor price. I wrote a bunch of :words: on tooltips for a friend before, would that be of any interest here?

:justpost:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Yoshi-p you can name your goddamn price for that hat I want it immediately.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

I made the mistake of doing Pharos Sirius as a tank once, which meant that the rest of the squadron couldn't handle the Zu's mechanics and died to angry, angry baby birds.

I still don't really understand how that fight works.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

sassassin posted:

It's good and well worth sinking a few dozen hours into it. Don't listen to the trolls.

:wrong:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Gathering is fun in a very zen put on a podcast and just hit trees for a while sort of way.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think I found "sorry, the corrupted crystal is in another castle" more annoying

That one pissed me off something fierce.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'd like to once again shill this hotbar preset - https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy14/mods/1054 - Has both controller and keyboard layouts and the creator made sure things are always in the same spots for each job. It drastically simplified things for me since my hotbars would've been a hideous mess otherwise.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

Personally mine is all over Ozma's platform in Weeping City, I haven't had much problem with Dun Scaith.

Most recently, I was in the middle of the reviving animation when it did the whole "eat and teleport you" mechanic, leaving me alone. So I jumped into the visual effect it sucks you into. And spawned in the submap dead.

I still cannot for the life of me remember any of Ozma's mechanics

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just stuff Ramza in a locker

Push him off the airship instead

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SMN owns BLM is infuriating and not in a good way

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Majin posted:

I mained BLM all the way to 90 and am pretty fond of it. Nearly have SAM to 90 now and boy I do have to admit it feels like easy mode.

I would absolutely be that BLM that dies to easy mechanics because the cast bar was so close to finishing I thought I could get away with it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

the only thing you need to know about y'shtola is that she is cool and good and my friend

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

There are two big things XIV has going for it that kept me from going back to WoW like every other MMO did. Being able to do every single thing on one character and basically zero content rot. Level sync is inspired and having the leveling dungeons always there for you to queue into instead of never seeing them again once you've leveled past them is so good.

Mesadoram posted:

There is a card game?

Triple Triad?

Also they forgot to mention Mahjong! This game somehow has one of the best online clients for it and you can happily play it on the free trial!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

They have triple triad in game?

Welp, I know what I am doing later.

Oh yes. Gold Saucer has periodic tournaments, there are NPCs all over the game you can play with, bosses will drop cards of themselves, it's a whole thing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

That is great to hear. Music is rather important to me in games.

Is the Machinst a fun class? On paper it seems fun.

Machinist is very enjoyable. Minor lore spoiler: Canonically you're one of the first ever machinists so all the flippy bullshit you do during your attacks is entirely of your own creation.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Thank you for the suggestions all!

I will probably keep leveling blue mage for a bit till I get bored then go back to pushing through the main quest.

If you can find someone willing to spend an hour or so with you, it's worth getting BLU powerleveled up to max. It's dreadfully boring, otherwise.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I will bug my friend to see if he can power level me a tad (or at least help me get a couple of more spells).

My wife and I traded doing it for each other and it was extremely worth it. As noted though, yeah, you'll need ShB for access to it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Personally, I hard disagree. It's good to know it's an option, but I enjoyed the chance to zone out and grind.

More power to you then, I just couldn't stand it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

stormblood is good but it's something you get through asap so you can get to the absolute transcendence that shadowbringers is

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Like Clockwork posted:

Tsuyu arc is the worst msq writing in the entire game, prove me wrong

This is correct, that arc is awful, but ShB is nothing but gold the entire way through, even well before the patches.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Like Clockwork posted:

(gently caress G'raha, I was glad he got shot)

excuse you???????

this is the worst take i've ever seen

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 10, 2023

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

emet is a chump and i cannot stand him but i suspect that may be because i am just sick to death of ascians in general

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Arist posted:

you should probably fix these tags btw

oop, thank you for the catch

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

To the people who answer "I hate when DPS pull" with "THEN BE FASTER", gently caress off.

These people are the worst and should be mocked mercilessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Szarrukin posted:

Last few pages just enforced me in my tankxiety.