Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Summoner goes deeper into the pets, Scholar takes Arcanist getting Physick and makes it the class's entire personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Honestly I thought those were oil wells.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sorry new construction would simply fill the pockets of developers and would ruin the Neighborhood Character of *checks notes* the badlands of Thanalan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Does this mean that the New World where Blue Magic comes from is just Malaysia and Indonesia.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Basically for a good chunk of the game, Tanking consists more-or-less entirely of "turn stance on, spam AOE for trash mobs/do damage to boss, rinse and repeat until one of you is dead". If you can do that no one is really going to care about anything else you do.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Currently debating which Triple Triad rules are worse: Plus/Same or Chaos.

I will say that I've never lost on the last card and had all my cards flipped when the rule was Chaos.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's a fishing minigame, I would be genuinely concerned if it respected the player's time and effort.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All Warriors of Light canonically love playing WElcome to the Black Parade on trumpet in the middle of Limsa, sorry but that's the hard truth.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The ARR relics try to trick you, make you think that FATE grinding is the most tedious thing in the world.

Then come the books.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Y'shtola wanted nothing to do with that, smart girl.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TANK GUIDE

10 Activate taunt
20 Point dangerous thing away from party
30 Kill it before it kills you
40 GOTO 10

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Believe it or not the 50-60 questline is even stupider.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In the 50-60 SAM questline you play as the Kampeitei trying to stop the Kwangtung Army from restarting the Sengoku Era but with more fascism, where does that fit in the cop scale.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So everyone in the Ivalice raids kind of sucks, right, it's not just me?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every time Ramza opens his mouth the Warrior of Light should threaten to throw him off the airship.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I met the famous Math Bot and have come to the conclusion that none of the bosses in the lighthouse feel good to fight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm not the only completely baffled by the end of the Kojin tribal quest right?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

Oh, it's very weird.

You can't do the "what talking doll?" trick if you have other characters very clearly responding to the talking doll!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So I just stepped foot into Eureka.

This is just a bunch of pre-WoW MMO poo poo, isn't it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It was good that Hancock, Yugiri, and Tataru all decided to make a cameo during the Ivalice quests to state emphatically that no characters you like want anything to do with this bullshit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's a flashback cutscene in the quest before you unlock Orbonne that goes on for like 15 minutes and is completely impenetrable if you didn't play FFT.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Someone pointed out that Ramza has a mouth on him for a Garlean that's only at B-rank.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

7.1 Patch notes: Return to Ivalice cutscenes are now unskippable. Even the quest ones.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like how the Sea Au Ra have been living at the bottom of the sea for centuries but it takes until Kurenai starts a business before someone comes up with the idea of "warm clothing".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Even the post-Stormblood MSQ gets immediately bored with Ala Mhigo and ships you off to Othard at first opportunity.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like how Shadowbringers opens on a bunch of quests that explain how stuff like currencies and getting back to other zones works and all explanations are basically "look, shut up."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

It's so funny.

"We're entering an extended period of temporal synchronicity," "we measure money by weight of the metal, so one gil is equal to one gil", Feo Ul, the motherfucking tomestones

They got to the tomestones in that cutscene and I just completely lost it as a realized that tomestones are just loving Allagan smartphones.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

URIANGER: Thou hast returned from thy contest with Garuda -
ME: Wait aren't you stuck in the First right now?
URIANGER: Thou should shuttest up thine filthy mouth.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like to keep my role actions and equivalent actions on the same hotbar between jobs. Bloodletting is always in the same place, Swiftcast is always in the same place, etc. and apply that to buttons that do the same/similar things but are named different like all the various mitigations Tanks have.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vitamean posted:

Carteneau Flats (Secure) will be removed from rotation

Oh my god we're free, we're free.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm simpatico with Stormblood because much like Stormblood I also got bored of Ala Mhigo almost instantly and wanted to go anywhere else.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Asahi's existence made me immediately understand and agree with Yotsuyu vis-a-vis her position that "Doma needs to suffer".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ME: Long...live...THE KING

*pushes MCH into all of Stone Vigil's packs*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Just keep pulling, we're not in Praetorium to admire the scenery.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Y'shtola took one look at that poo poo and decided to sit on a bench for the whole adventure, smart girl.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ARR Hildebrand gets long in the tooth because of the sheer amount of quests for each patch but from HW on they become way better paced.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Divorce is only legal at the Golden Saucer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Antivehicular posted:

I don't know anything about the economics of the club scene, but I really hope it's mostly the hyper-rich running at a loss just to have fun, because the concept of running an MMO gambling den/dance club/brothel to make a profit is unspeakably sad to me

TATARU: They had so much fuckin' money in there you could build a housing plot out of Allagan Gold Pieces. And the best part was that the developers upstairs didn't know what the gently caress was going on. I mean, to them, everything looked on the up and up, right? Wrong. The players inside the manor were all slipped in there to skim the joint dry. They'd do short counts, they'd lose fill slips, they'd even take cash right out of the retainers. And it was up to this lalafell right here standing in front of about two million gil to skim the gold off the top without anybody getting wise, the developers or anybody. Now notice in a player house nobody seems to see anything. Somehow somebody's always looking the other way. Now look at these players, they look busy, right? They're counting gil, who wants to bother them? I mean, Twelve forbid they should make a mistake or forget to steal. Meanwhile, you're in, and you're out. Pass the jagoff miqo'te RPer who gets an extra Thavnairian Onion a week just to watch the housing raffle, I mean, it's routine. Business as usual. In, out, hello, goodbye, and that's all there is to it. Just another lalafell gently caress walking out of The Mists in his underwear.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The steppes are one of the few parts of Stormblood not involving Our First Friend to not be boring.

Not for nothing 4.x gets you away from Ala Mhigo as soon as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ojjeorago posted:

Hmph! How very glib.

They should've kept Richard Epcar.