Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Kangra posted:

The CONTENT can only win with the DESPERATE personality. I guess there's a chance that Monkey could have stolen Pig's tablet and has the Sheep's Clothing trinket (which seemingly copies traits), so maybe it could still happen.

I think that is the implication here yes. The only issue being that now at least two tablets are destroyed so even if Mouse tells Monkey she really isn't the traitor, there is now a coin flip minimum for Monkey to survive since they cannot be sure if Pig or Bunny was the traitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Kangra posted:

The CONTENT can only win with the DESPERATE personality. I guess there's a chance that Monkey could have stolen Pig's tablet and has the Sheep's Clothing trinket (which seemingly copies traits), so maybe it could still happen.

I don't think that's possible. Pig's tablet was one of the destroyed ones, I believe. Which is why Mouse doesn't know that Pig was the DESPERATE personality just by checking the tablet.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Monkey's scared/despair face is very creepy and good. Also Snake is still my favourite character. What a guy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

One thing I really enjoyed about this update is the game just laying into how farcical everyone going murder frenzy at once was. Especially that scene with snake.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Definitely it would be Wrong to agree with Monkey.

I still think Monkey is guessing that Mouse has the desperate personality.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Kangra posted:

I don't think you need to physically have the target animal's tablet to copy them, unless Sheep was just really lazy on her route and didn't check Horse's tablet before swapping

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Mix. posted:

The idea that Dog was the traitor, that he killed all of us... So I should go deal with him first, right?

:hmmwrong: :goku:

yeah Dog has his weapons of expertise and knows how to use them - it's unlikely that he would've done this variety of actions.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Monkey is wrong, but it doesn't seem like the route could end much worse if you agree with her.

Unless some Sheep's Clothing shenanigans happen, we either have Dog+Mouse survive, a sole survivor, or no winner.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

At this point so many people are dead just finishing will be a problem. Especially given that monkey and mouse have abilities that... require other people to act.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, that is worrying. I expect that the surviving group will realize they can use other people's tablets to Minor Trinket, but a lot of tablets have already been destroyed on this route.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

This is a pretty funny route. Complete with Rooster acknowledging he (or the persona he's presenting) sucks.

Also, Horse can be 'believed' that he didn't kill anyone if he's a weirdo that thinks "it wasn't me, it was the person I become when I wear a mask".

NyoroEevee
May 21, 2020
I'll play devil's advocate and say that we trust Monkey. She is always on Mouse's side, Right ?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

NyoroEevee posted:

I'll play devil's advocate and say that we trust Monkey. She is always on Mouse's side, Right ?

Monkey is on the side that she thinks is Mouse's side. Given Mouse's reaction to everything in this route, she really needs to get a new therapist after this...

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Wrong. Another choice sort of made redundant by our knowledge; we know Pig, not Dog, is the other traitor. Once we have more routes down we can probably figure out exactly how things went down (Tiger and Horse's routes seem particularly relevant to understanding), but Monkey is pushing the right buttons to get people to commit murder (her and Snake saying the same line pretty much gives this away). Heck, we don't even know if Dog's alive still; he has a pretty unfortunate habit of dying offscreen (electrocuted by Snake, killed and hidden by...Sheep I think? Been a minute.)

In any case I don't buy Dog having found some mysterious major trinket that kills without an announcement; more likely Monkey manipulated them, either by distracting them so they failed to input a move or somehow getting them to input moves while in the same room. Honestly, kind of surprised no one's tried hiding in a room and trying to trick someone into getting themselves executed that way yet.

Monkey's reaction to Snake and Dragon's deaths is interesting; guess it doesn't hit as hard when it isn't right in front you, huh? Didn't seem to change her mind about trying to get Mouse to kill Dog, though.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The thread mostly agreed we shouldn't go deal with Dog yet.

[BGM: That Pesky Rodent]

Maybe, if Dog was really this monster, I'd be justified in striking first.

But... is Dog really behind it all?

I would assume so. After all, he's the only one left, right?

Just because he's the only one, doesn't mean he did it. I mean, that makes it more likely, but you can't ignore all the evidence just to fit a narrative. And the evidence just doesn't add up for Dog being the killer.

Why only use a gun when killing Pig and Horse? He certainly doesn't seem the type to be able to crush a windpipe, or beat Tiger in a straight up fight. Why would he leave the pistol in the library?

Dragon and Snake weren't wrong that Bunny and Rooster's responses were suspicious. It just... doesn't fit.

Maybe, but I don't think anything you just said is definitive. Dog might just be deceptively competent. At any rate, if it wasn't Dog, then it has to be someone already dead, right? So who? Bunny? Rooster? Dragon? Snake?

… Well, we should start from the beginning, right?

I needed to really think things through. The whole world started to break when Pig was killed. If I wanted to piece things back together, I needed to start there. So then...

The person who killed Pig...

Unlike in the previous route where we could see Mouse's different justifications for her accusations, this one is basically just a straightforward logic puzzle between who has a solid 'I literally had eyes on them the whole time' alibi plus what has been said previously about Pig's murder (Horse couldn't have done it due to his height and how the bullet hit her); therefore, we're just skipping straight to the answer, which is...

Sheep killed Pig. That's the answer.

Sheep?

Yeah, Sheep. It's the only thing that makes sense. Height matches. Modus operandi matches. But most importantly, she doesn't have an alibi for when Pig was killed. In fact, we have explicit confirmation that she wasn't around when Pig was killed.

She went and killed Pig. I don't know why. Perhaps she was the other traitor.

But if she was the other traitor, Mouse, how'd she end up dead?

I'm getting to that.

The mistake here is thinking of this as the act of one individual. Rather, this is a sequence of isolated incidents.

Next comes who killed Sheep. Knowing what we know, I think the only likely suspect would be Tiger. Perhaps she figured out that Sheep killed Pig, although how I have no idea.

But judging by Sheep's cause of death and the information on the other suspects, it has to be Tiger who enters the library and kills Sheep. She thinks Sheep is still alone, but Horse is actually searching the same area as Sheep, just in the library's other room.

When he returns to the scene, he is then enraged. A brawl with Tiger ensues, Horse winds up the victor. Of course Horse killed Tiger. It's the only thing that makes sense.

But when Horse checks Tiger's tablet, he discovers that she's not the traitor. Maybe he fears what will happen if he admits to killing someone who wasn't a traitor. Maybe that's why he quickly comes up with the lie about being hit over the head.

Would've saved all our asses a whole lot of trouble if he was just upfront then, but whatever. I don't know exactly what was going through his head. I never will. Whatever the motive, he doesn't fess up to his kill, so Bunny and Horse are left to their own devices.

Now Bunny, he's awfully suspicious of Horse. Continues to investigate. And there, he finds the silenced pistol- which Sheep somehow had to begin with- on her body. What happens next... judging by the fact that Horse was shot in the back of the head, maybe it went something like this.

Perhaps Bunny asked to check Horse's head, to examine the supposed wound. When he looked, and saw no injury, his suspicions of Horse being the traitor were confirmed. He knew that if Horse was the traitor, this was the best chance he'd get, so right then and there, he fired.

Upstairs, I had just informed Ox and Rooster about the mysterious deaths going around. And for one of these two men, this is an opportunity.

I don't know why Rooster had the desire to kill Ox. But I'm guessing it's for reasons unrelated to the game. It was a personally motivated kill. It happened much as Snake deduced. A quick slash through the neck from behind.

Rooster decided to use the chaos to his advantage, and pin this kill on the other murderer. Unfortunately, Snake would later see through this ruse, and when Rooster tried to get away, Snake wouldn't hesitate to punish the guilty party.

Meanwhile, Dragon walks in on the scene with Bunny. Bunny tries to placate Dragon, to show Horse's tablet, proving that he was the traitor. That Bunny was in the right. When Horse's tablet proves otherwise, this comes as a shock to both Dragon and Bunny.

Bunny realizes Dragon's ill-intent, perhaps killing-intent, right away. Maybe he pulled a gun on Dragon to placate her, to buy time for him to explain himself. Whatever the motivation, it results in a misunderstanding, and Dragon ends things right then and there.

[BGM: Silence]

I see, I see. That all makes sense. Well reasoned as usual, Mouse. But I must ask – what about Dragon and Snake's deaths? Surely those were caused by a Major Trinket, no?

No, I don't think they were. After all, if I'm right, Dog's had no part in these proceedings. He has no reason to target the two. I think what actually happened might've been a lot more petty and tragic than that.

Both their tablets were by their bodies, right? I think their fight might've evolved. One of them snatched and tried to operate the other's tablet to execute them.

Maybe Snake thought similar to me, and suspected Dragon as the traitor after her story. The executed one, in their dying throes, lunged back and operated the first person's tablet, causing them, too, to be executed. A battle of mutual destruction.

...Indeed, it's possible. So, then, is Dog not an enemy to be feared?

I don't think so. But... there's one thing that doesn't sit right with me.

Oh?

This question is actually a trap – there's a lot of unanswered questions here, even with the routes we've done, so multiple of these actually would normally work as an answer. But there's one thing that you also need to consider – which of these deaths or death pairs have unanswered questions that we could still get answers for? Almost everyone is dead at this point! But with the people still alive, there's one in particular that's worth bringing up...

If Snake and Dragon died like I said...

[BGM: Rat's Awakening]

There's no way you could've been ignorant of it, right?

Mouse?

I mean, I know you said you were focused on your meditation, but a conflict like that surely had to draw your attention. I just don't buy that you would calmly ignore when a dying person lunged at another with the intent to kill when they were mere feet away from you.

I'm sorry, Mouse, those deaths truly fall under my responsibility. However, it's sad to say, but I completely missed the scene you described.

No, you didn't just miss it. You said you heard them 'both cry out in pain', and that's when you looked to them. But that can't be what happened!

...Maybe I was confused. A lot's happened, you know, and it was awfully graphic. You know how unreliable memories get under times of stress!

That's not the only thing I noticed, Monkey.

A cold shiver went up my spine. Something in the back of my head was shouting at me to stop. To not push any further. What did it matter at this point? Learning the truth wouldn't help me at all. Let lying dogs rest. But I was just too curious...

Sheep went from Pig's murder to the library. She should've passed by the cafeteria. You should've seen her.

Mouse, that's not proof of anything. She probably deliberately took a route to avoid the cafeteria so I wouldn't spot her.

Maybe. But that's not what's weird to me. What's weird is that Horse said that she claimed to be going to 'let you free from your restraints again.' That implies she also let you free from your restraints to input a move the round before.

So did I. And I came right at the end of the round. Which means, when I helped you out, she must've already come to let you input your move. So, Monkey...

Why didn't you tell me that you had already input your move?

Th-that's...

And there's something even more telling to me. When Horse said Sheep left to free you from your restraints, Bunny didn't even bat an eye. Not a single question of clarification. Almost as though he knew what Horse was referring to.

Almost as though he just realized that Sheep was doing what he did and stayed silent, just like I did.

And that's not all – Snake's alibi of Dragon was oddly caveated. He made sure the shot happened on the fifth round, not the fourth, and that the murder happened on the first floor.

Using reverse logic on this statement, that means if the murder happened in the fourth round, or if it happened on the second or third floor, Snake couldn't provide an air-tight alibi. Now why would this be the case?

Perhaps, did Dragon come down to help you from your restraints in the fourth round, and Snake helped you from those restraints in the fifth round?

Mouse, what are you implying?

My explanation of the murders is right, I think, but it doesn't account for why people have been acting weird. But there might be one common denominator.

You're hefting some pretty weight allegations there, Mouse, but I don't suppose you have any proof for what you're saying?

I'm sorry, Monkey. But I do. And it comes in the advice you just gave me.

'The chaos and darkness of this race will erase what happens here. The truth will be written by the survivors.' The moment I heard that line, I thought I recognized it. And then I remembered.

When Dragon was justifying murdering Bunny, she said 'After all, the chaos and darkness of this race will tear away all this poo poo. Us survivors will write the truth.'

And when I confronted Snake about his murder, he said 'This can all be erased by the chaos and the darkness. A truth can be written by us survivors.' That's not a coincidence, Monkey. Don't try to say it is.

…

Monkey... what did you do?

[BGM: Weak Pig]

I... was the one who made Brian the way he is.

What?!

The wild shift in tone threw me for a complete loop. Still, I wanted to hear what she was saying.

Well, that's not quite right. He was already heading down this path, but I, I... I didn't stop him, not when I could have at any rate. In fact, it's possible I... encouraged him.

What?

When he talked about all these conspiracy theories, about how his father was really innocent, it was fascinating to me. These weren't the standard crackpot nonsense, they were really well thought out.

At times I couldn't help but wonder where he was getting all this information from. And I... I indulged him. I heard him out.

I was well aware that it was wrong, it was wrong to enable him like this, but I was just... Curious. So curious, so so curious to hear what he had to say. It was just such a fascinating case.

So I engaged with him on this subject. I treated his assumptions as correct and talked through them, to see where it went. So instead of stopping his delusions, I enabled them. Until... until it was too late.

Towards the end, I finally realized that I had gone too far. That he had gone too far. That he was no longer simply in denial, that he was actively putting belief in fantasies, that his value system was corrupted.

I tried to backtrack, to stop it, to snap him into reality, but... That final meeting, the last one he showed up to... I really hosed it up.

Monkey, what does this have to do with anything?

When I sat here, tied up, facing down death, the void of nothingness felt so... overwhelming. So overpowering. So to distract myself, I started thinking of other things. Of past meetings. Of Brian's theories.

And I started thinking to myself... What if he was right? What if these people did deserve to be here?

My curiosity started eating at me again. Was Sheep really that naive? Was Tiger really that unstable? Was Dragon really that hateful? Was Snake really that coldhearted?

Mouse, you can't understand just how easy it was to push these people off the brink. I wasn't being some master manipulator, I was giving them the lightest taps on the back, and they fell so, so, so easily. It was incredible.

Heh heh. Heh heh heh heh. It's funny. I'm the one who's always preached about keeping your mental health in check, but...

In the face of my impending death, I think I was the one who went a little crazy.

[BGM: Mousetrap]

I looked at this pathetic, chuckling lady with pure disgust and horror. This couldn't be the person I knew. This couldn't be my therapist. This couldn't be Jae Hansen. This was... a demon. Someone who drove a group of people to murder from the comfort of a chair. And for what? Curiosity? Was she serious?

It was appalling. It was more crushing than anything else that had happened.

I... trusted you.

You did. You've always had a tendency towards codependency, Mouse. Make sure to note that to your next therapist.

You're horrible! I don't even know you!

You don't know me. Please, treat the 'me' you see before you as some pathetic stranger. I don't want to be remembered by you for this awful person this chair has made me.

This accursed, horrifying, mind-tainting chair. It's rotten. Rotten!

I just stared at her, as she squirmed. It looked like she was trying to get free, but she was tied up tight. I didn't know what to say.

...I'm going to go get Dog. And we're going to escape together.

You do that.

I started to walk away, but before I could leave, Monkey chimed up once more.

Mouse.

...What?

Before I finally, truly meet my maker... If I'm confessing everything, there's something else I think you should know.

About Brian?

No.

I wasn't in the mood, but God drat it I couldn't just not ask her to go on.

What is it?

Go get Dog first. I think he'd be interested to hear about this, as well.

Fine.

And like that, I left Monkey, and began to search through the school more for Dog. It took a while, but eventually I found him lying on a couch in some student commons area on the third floor.

[BGM: Ox's Logic]

Dog! What the hell are you doing?!

Oh! Mouse! Uh, definitely not napping, that's for sure.

… You're telling me that all this poo poo has been going down, and you've been here, napping?

Mouse I literally just said I definitely wasn't napping, didn't you hear me?

I can't believe this! We're in a death game! You have to input an action every round, what if you slept through a round end and got executed?!

Well, first of all, that would be really funny. And second, it's not like I've been sleeping, just resting.

We were supposed to meet again in two rounds at the cafeteria!

So, full disclosure – I totally forgot about that until you just said that two seconds ago.

I couldn't even think of any other words. He was the only other person getting out of this alive? I could hear the gods laughing.

I imagine I'm in for an earful from Ox when I get back down there?

I wish.

Oh?

I filled him in on everything that had happened. He took it better than one would expect, which I couldn't even call surprising at this point.

That's... pretty loving rough, huh?

Yeah, you're telling me.

You know, I think I wanna have a little chat with Monkey now.

So do I. Plus, she has something important to tell us.

Something important? Goodie.

And like that, the two of us made our way down to the cafeteria. There, for the final time, I was met with a shocking sight.

[BGM: Hear No Evil]

Where I expected Monkey to be tied up, I was met with an empty chair and jump ropes on the floor.

Are you serious? Are you loving serious?! I can't leave anywhere for a minute without everything exploding!

That's, uh, yeah, wow.

Alright, so, a total psycho has escaped. What's our plan now?

Has she?

What do you mean? The ropes are off, she clearly got out of them.

But look at this.

Dog walked over to them and picked them up.

These were cut. Deliberately.

Okay, well, I guess she had a bladed instrument on her.

Mouse, you know that doesn't make sense, right? Between the traitor announcements and Monkey being tied up, she was under constant surveillance the whole time. She never had the time to grab a knife.

So fine, she got it beforehand.

But before the traitor announcements, was there any reason why Monkey would grab a knife? Or, alternatively, is there any way that she would just have a knife on her person beforehand?

Even if she is the complete nutcase you described her as, that just doesn't add up.

Well, she must've cut the ropes somehow!

Must she have?

Dog, you're not seriously going to suggest that someone else helped her escape, are you?

No. But I am going to suggest that someone else cut these ropes.

Who? Who could've done that?! Because I left her tied up, you were supposedly napping on the third floor, and everybody else is dead!

Pig was shot through the chest. Sheep had her neck snapped. Tiger bled to death. Ox's throat was slit with a knife. Horse was shot, point-blank, in the back of the head. Bunny was beaten and strangled to death. Rooster was stabbed, again, to death. And Dragon and Snake were executed by the collars!

So there's nobody who should've been able to free her!

Hey, I'm not here to give you an answer.

I'm just saying, it seems to me like there has to have been a third party involved. And it seems to me like they wanted to make it look like Monkey escaped on her own.

…I didn't know what to say to that. We were left with an unsolvable mystery in the wake of Monkey's disappearance. All that was left to do was to gather everybody's tablets and Minor Trinkets and finish the race. The whole time, I was on edge, expecting a final surprise, an attack from the escaped traitor. But in the end, nothing came of it. It was a peaceful finish. ...No, not peaceful.

Silent.

In the end, Dog and I ended the game alive. Ox, Tiger, Bunny, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Rooster, and Pig ended it dead. And Monkey... ended it missing.

[Ending – 10 of Spades]

A truly nasty path for Mouse to walk. Unrelenting, brutal, and shocking. More to the point, there are too many key sacrifices with this line of play. Not to mention... it's all a bit much, no?

On the whole, there's not much potential with this traitor pairing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This route ruled actually, even if I don't think it gave us a ton of meta knowledge?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Only thing that comes to mind is Brian wanting some one in one time with her. Or appreciating her making it so bloody.

Seconding that this route was pretty cool, though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
That's our second real name, after Bunny/Gerry-Jae Hansen.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Best route, only overtaking Snake's because of the chess blunders.

More importantly, has Monkey been barefoot all this time?? It can't be comfortable to move around this place like that.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Wow. To be honest, I was 100% expecting her to be running some cold game trying to get herself and the one chick she knew out alive. Turns out she was just goin’ Stanford.

Cripes.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Wow. That... was brutal. :gonk:

Though, I do have to wonder what happened to Monkey. Last I recall she still had her collar on (ignoring the fact how she had NO collar on at all with her tied up sprites), and she didn't have a tablet with her when she fled - she may have likely died at some point.

So the only survivors would be Mouse and Dog.

But then again, whoever freed her may have likely also removed the collar as well, ensuring Monkey's survival. It was most definitely Brian - he was impressed with how Monkey managed to kill everyone except for herself, Mouse and Dog in a such a short amount of time and has declared that she is free regardless of the consequences of the race.

This is just theoretical, mind.

So the only routes we have left are Tiger, Dragon, Horse, Ox and Mouse, eh?

I wonder who's going to be next...

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

wologar posted:

More importantly, has Monkey been barefoot all this time?? It can't be comfortable to move around this place like that.

considering she's also wearing pajama pants i think the implication is that she was nabbed either when she was asleep or when she was at home/about to go to bed

but yeah she's been barefoot the whole time lol

edit:

Sketchie posted:

(ignoring the fact how she had NO collar on at all with her tied up sprites)

:psyduck: i literally never noticed that. i don't think themis did either lmao. woops! yes she very much has her collar on while in the chair. well. she probably won't be in the chair again after this so we can just pretend

Mix. fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 7, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
That definitely feels like a later game route; I don't think it would have been particularly satisfying as our first one. Eesh.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Mix. posted:

:psyduck: i literally never noticed that. i don't think themis did either lmao. woops! yes she very much has her collar on while in the chair. well. she probably won't be in the chair again after this so we can just pretend
To be fair, I JUST noticed when I read the latest LP post.

I was like "Hmm, so she just up and left... wait... what happened to her collar?". Had a brain fart for a moment and realized that her tied down sprite never had the collar on at all the entire time. I even went back to the post where she admits that she had the CONTENT personality to see if... the other people... SOMEHOW... took the collar off at any point before tying her down.

So, yeah. It was just an oversight, but my gosh. Quite an oversight. :psyduck:

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Isn't it great how sending Pig to help Monkey leads to the least bloody route, while Mouse going ends up instigating a killing spree? Makes me wonder what's wrong with Mouse.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Mix. posted:

Lends credence to my "all the art was made first and then the collars were edited on later" theory which is why everyone's neck is too long in their portrait.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

Podima posted:

This route ruled actually, even if I don't think it gave us a ton of meta knowledge?

It actually gave one very important piece of information: the Jade Emperor, or someone aligned with them, is present in the school. I think we can be pretty sure that none of the dead are faking, so that's the only option for who freed Monkey.

Also Dog just sleeping through this route is almost as good as Rooster's "I have questions" from Dog's.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Mix. posted:

You did. You've always had a tendency towards codependency, Mouse. Make sure to note that to your next therapist.

I love the writing in this game, there's always lines that make me genuinely laugh out loud.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The funny thing is that for all the poo poo people give rooster for just punching in random numbers, his brute forcing it technique is throughout the routes hands down the most effective of them all.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

The funny thing is that for all the poo poo people give rooster for just punching in random numbers, his brute forcing it technique is throughout the routes hands down the most effective of them all.

He's constantly the number 1 finder of trinkets, yeah. On dog's route, didn't he basically find all 12 while everything was going on?

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Marluxia posted:

He's constantly the number 1 finder of trinkets, yeah. On dog's route, didn't he basically find all 12 while everything was going on?
I went back and checked and this is what it said at the end of Dog's route:

quote:

While the rest of us were at each other's throats, Rooster obliviously continued his search of Minor Trinkets. He ended up finding most of the Minor Trinkets, as well as a number of Major Trinkets.
For someone that is an idiot, he sure is a good trinket hunter when he has the time.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Marluxia posted:

i dont remember where they said it, but themis said its on purpose that both rooster and dog are good at finding poo poo because they wanted at least 1-2 to have a knack for it bc it'd be funny :v:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
You know, now that I think of it, do the necklace gang have anything to eat or drink in the school? Cause this game will take at least half a day, and who knows when they last ate/drank outside.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm slightly disappointed Monkey just broke down psychologically instead of having a murder fetish or something. I had several jokes lined up for that! Waste of foreshadowing /jk

CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm slightly disappointed Monkey just broke down psychologically instead of having a murder fetish or something. I had several jokes lined up for that! Waste of foreshadowing /jk

A therapist breaking down without going raving mad and staying self-aware is a lot more interesting than "of course the calm one is a murderous maniac", no? :j:

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
One thing that occurred to me: Monkey claimed that, as Brian's therapist, her big mistake was indulging his conspiracy theories, and not attempting to dissuade him from them until it was too late. But in that case, what "sin" brought her here? Is it indulging him in the first place? Or is it trying (and failing) to dissuade him at the end? Or something else we're as yet unware of?

Is Brian the red question marks? Is he looking for an outcome that validates all his theories?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

CremePudding posted:

A therapist breaking down without going raving mad and staying self-aware is a lot more interesting than "of course the calm one is a murderous maniac", no? :j:

Oh, absolutely true.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

ZCKaiser posted:

Is Brian the red question marks? Is he looking for an outcome that validates all his theories?
I'm not sure who the red ??? is, but I did find some interesting comments they said.

On Pig's route, he said this:

quote:

No, this may be a good enough ending for Mouse, but it won't do for me.
And THAT was when only 2 people died and they were traitors. You may think "The bloodier, the better?". Well, no. On the really bloody ones such as Monkey's, they comment that it is too much as pretty much almost everyone died.

On Rooster's, he said this:

quote:

Revenge is messy. The true path should be clean.
Which makes me think the red ??? is looking for a clean path with no bloodshed.

But why, you ask? That is the question.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
The previous route did pretty strongly imply the initial statement that it's possible for everyone to survive the death game is true, despite the traitor personalities that have been activated every route so far, and presumably that is the "true path". How that's possible...well. That is the rub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

malkav11 posted:

The previous route did pretty strongly imply the initial statement that it's possible for everyone to survive the death game is true, despite the traitor personalities that have been activated every route so far, and presumably that is the "true path". How that's possible...well. That is the rub.

Assuming we know who has what personality and there are only 2 traitors, sheep clothing + any other personality-removing trinket would suffice.
Or really, any effect that allows the second traitor to live, be it a personality change, an outright immunity to execution or a 1-use collar removal tool, would all work.