Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
We're doing great so far! Layering victims and expanding the suspect pool is very clever.

Rooster is also successfully impeding the investigation via flamboyant distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Short of a physical bruiser like Ox or Horse, Rooster is honestly one of the best people we could be paired up with.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
We saw it on his route but Rooster is really phenomenal at playing dumb.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

A kill is a kill, you can't say it's only a half

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Junpei posted:

We saw it on his route but Rooster is really phenomenal at playing dumb.

excuse you, ACTing dumb :v:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Mix. posted:

This was a perfectly good investigation. It was fine. What happened?

Just an absolutely wonderful line.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I understand that if every route was this way it would feel like a marvel quipfest, but between everything in this route, mouse's reaction to the absurdity pf monkey's route, and everything with the dialogue for the horse-dragon encounter last route I find myself really appreciating the writer's take on humor.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

This traitor pairing does bring up a rather interesting question.

Why did the authors decide to pair Rooster up with Mouse?

Pairing Ox up with Mouse would have given us insight in a couple of lawyers' brilliant minds on how to stage murders. Yet... Mouse got paired up with Rooster, out of all people.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pairing Mouse with an intelligent person like Ox or Snake would probably result in them butting heads trying to figure out the 'best' way to do it. Pairing her with someone she can kinda just bounce ideas off without being too argumentative, like Rooster, Sheep or Dog, works best since it lets a smart Mouse be smart. And Rooster's an even better choice because he has enough personality that he can still shine as the 'sidekick/henchman' role, whereas someone like Sheep would just get overwhelmed.

It's part of the reason things like comedy duos have a straight man, because it helps balance the act. Two guys snarking at each other constantly can work but can also feel one-uppy.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 3, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I can't believe this route turned into a budyy murderer movie.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

Sketchie posted:

Pairing Ox up with Mouse would have given us insight in a couple of lawyers' brilliant minds on how to stage murders. Yet... Mouse got paired up with Rooster, out of all people.

I assume it's so they can have Ox be the main "antagonist" of Mouse's route, and have a lawyer vs. lawyer (student) showdown later.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God, Rooster is such a wonderful goon. :allears:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Sketchie posted:

I think the pairing is extremely clever because the dumb nature of Rooster creates a level of ridiculousness that makes the route fun. If it were straight up "you are murdering people" and you were with someone who played it super straight, I think it might feel too dark. It reminds me that you're just playing a video game and to not get too deep into it.

Mix. posted:

excuse you, ACTing dumb :v:

he's so good I literally can't tell if he's acting or not for the entire cutscene

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

[BGM: Dance of the Snakes]

So what are we doing in here?

Just looking for anything out of place.

The group spread out throughout the room. Someone needed to open the closet. If it took too long, Rooster was probably going to step in. However, lucky for us, Bunny opened it by himself without any prompting. When he did, out fell Snake's stripped corpse, to the shock of everyone. The room was once again in chaos at the discovery of another dead body. Sheep's death was no longer an isolated incident, but the beginning of a pattern. Everyone here suddenly had to ask themselves 'am I next?' ...Most everyone, at any rate.

Before too long, though, the investigation began once more.

And there goes our prime suspect. Because of course we can't just have an open-and-shut case. Life never gives out freebies like that, not when you're on a losing streak like this.

I'm just confounded by the state of the corpse. I mean... why strip the man?

Why indeed.

Well, glass half-full, now we can check that earlier question pretty easily.

I thought we had dropped that.

What gave you that impression?

Okay, correction, I had hoped that we dropped it.

It's clear he was stabbed to death. I mean, even I noticed that.

So... shouldn't there be blood around here?

There is, on the floor right here. It's been wiped away, but poorly.

With everyone focused on the immediate crime scene, there was no way they were going to 'find' the last bundle of evidence they needed to 'solve' it. Guess I'd handle it. I harmlessly wandered over to some cabinets and started opening them, one by one. In one of the cabinets, I found the bundle of evidence I had left, so I grabbed it and called out to the others.

Hey, guys, look what I found!

What is it?

It looks like we now know where Snake's clothes are. ...And here's his Snake mask... and here's a bloody kitchen knife. This knife is definitely what killed Snake.

Mouse, where did you find all this again?

I was trying to be helpful, so I was looking around the scene. I opened some cabinets, and this was stuffed in one of them.

Gotcha. Good work.

But what could this mean? Like, why is that there?

Rooster saw Snake walk over to where Sheep was found, right? If he killed Sheep, then who killed him?

It couldn't have been anyone in this group. It has to be someone still missing.

Horse, are you suggesting that this murder took place while we were gathered around Sheep's body?

I think it's an assumption that Snake killed Sheep just because he showed up there. Maybe he saw the murderer killing Sheep, and then he was silenced.

If that was the case, why would the crime scene be all the way over here?

Dog's probably right. I have to imagine there could only be one person capable of this cruelty. The drat killer.... Murdering Snake, then Sheep?

Now that's interesting.

Mouse, why do you think they killed Snake first, and not the other way around?

gently caress.

Seriously, how bad at this could I be? But it's fine, I could recover. Just needed to think fast. Plausible excuse...

:v: Oops! Great job, Mouse! This is actually still connected to all of the choices from the previous update, but it was kind of hard to be vague about this part, so I left it off the thread poll. Only one of these answers is an acceptable response, and that one is...

Think about the weapons used in each crime. The kitchen knife comes from the cafeteria, and was used on the victim found in the art room. The statue comes from the art room, and was used on the victim found in the hallway.

When you look at it from that perspective, the order of events seems pretty obvious. The killer brought the knife to the art room, killed, left the knife, took the statue, killed, and left the statue.

The alternative would be rather odd. It'd mean the killer brought the statue from the art room, killed, left the statue, got a knife, then returned to the art room they had got the statue from, killed, and left the knife.

Well, you're definitely making some assumptions there. But you're right, it would make more sense if Snake was killed first.

Hey, am I the only one still weirded out by the fact that our killer is some sort of dirty perv? I mean, we practically have a room full of detectives at this point. Is nobody going to point out what that means?

We're thinking about it Rooster, we're just also stumped by it. It doesn't seem to have any purpose; at least, none that we can see.

[BGM: Ox's Logic]

No, I believe I've figured it out.

You have?

Yes. Thinking about it, there's only one sequence of events that makes all of this make even a lick of sense.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that Rooster seeing Snake was not a mistake, but rather a function.

Now this is an interesting proposal. Do go on.

Snake was indeed the first victim. Our killer murdered him, with this kitchen knife. But that wasn't all. They were out for blood.

In case it's not obvious, our killer's likely one of the traitors. They plan to kill everyone and escape alone. And so, they came up with a plan.

If they could get people to think Snake was the murderer, and then 'vanish' Snake, we'd all have a common enemy. Snake would be the boogeyman, the unknown threat hiding somewhere in the school. They could blame all future killings on him.

But, to do that, they'd need to see Snake by the crime. So they took Snake's mask and his clothes, and dressed up as him.

I don't know exactly what happened next; maybe they killed Sheep with the statue first, then just waited for a time when they could be spotted walking to the crime. Maybe they really walked with that statue by Rooster, happened to see Sheep, and clonked her there.

Whatever the case, they set up Snake with the disguise. However, they'd have to join up with the group soon enough to avoid suspicion.

So when they doubled back to the art classroom, they abandoned their disguise as fast as they could, then joined the rest of us.

[BGM: Silence]

Th-that's crazy! There's no way something like that could really happen, right?

No, I think Ox is right. It all adds up when you think about it like that.

In that case, I think we can narrow our killer suspects down to two.

We can?

Of the people who could plausibly imitate Snake with a mask on, there are only three in this building. Rooster was already accounted for by Pig. That leaves... Dog and Bunny. The killer has to be one of you two.

[BGM: Rabid Rabbit]

That's absurd! Ridiculous! I mean, Ox, you're really grasping at straws here, don't you think?

I think the theory makes sense.

You do?

By the way, I should've mentioned earlier – I have an alibi for the crime.

What?

You do?

Mhm. I thought searching alone might be a bad idea, so I tagged along with Horse, much to his annoyance.

Horse, can you confirm this?

Indeed. It is regrettable, but Dog cannot be the killer.

Well then, I guess that just leaves one person left.

I knew Bunny was suspicious! I never trusted that phony smile of his.

A plastic man. The type to kill in cold blood.

H-hey now, you can't be serious, right? This is absurd! You can't arrest somebody on such flimsy reasoning!

This isn't a court of law, Bunny. It's a death game, where we need to make hard decisions. In my opinion, Ox has raised reasonable doubt that you are the killer. So we can't just let that go.

So, uh, what should we do? I mean, even if he is suspicious, we can't just kill him off of this, right?

I know! There's some jump rope in the gym. Why don't we tie him to a chair and leave him in the cafeteria?

That seems a sensible enough arrangement.

Sensible enough? That's not even remotely-

Bunny began to back away, but before he could put any distance, Horse grabbed a hold of his arm.

You do not get to flee that easily.

Oh come on, Bunny. Why are you resisting if you've got nothing to hide?

...You're right, you're totally right. Honestly, in high tension situations like this, it's natural for people to reach incorrect conclusions. I can't say you're not making a mistake, but if the group thinks this is for the best, I'd be happy to be confined.

Then it's settled! I'll go get the rope.

Before we knew it, Bunny was indeed tied up on a chair left in the cafeteria. It was a funny sight, if you forgot the circumstances. He certainly didn't look amused.

Well then, I suppose we should just get back to it then.

Yeah, we sure lost a whole bunch of time here, didn't we?

The others should have still been working, right? They can pick up our slack.

Let's just plan to regroup and recount our Minor Trinkets in 2 rounds' time, got it?

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. And like that, everybody split up and returned to searching for Minor Trinkets. ...Well, almost everybody. Two people only walked briefly away from the cafeteria, right before turning around and heading right back to where we just were.

[BGM: Rat's Awakening]

Ah, Mouse! Glad to see we're on the same wavelength.

Indeed. That went about as well as could be expected.

Huh?

I have to give you credit, Mouse, they really took that story hook, line, and sinker. It worked like a charm!

Ah, we got lucky. Things could've gone wrong in so many different ways.'

H-hold on... you two are the killers?!

And circle gets the square! Nice work on picking up on those context clues, buddy.

Rooster, don't be a dick to him. We're doing all this because we have to. If you start to enjoy it, you'll really become irredeemable.

Eh, not for this guy.

Trust me, I knew his deal before we even got abducted. I'm not gonna have any sympathy for this prick.

Oh?

Eh, long story, not really the time for it. Maybe when we get out of here.

Sympathy? Hold on, you two aren't really considering killing me, are you?

Them's the breaks, Bunny.

I really am sorry about this. But, you know, you're all tied up there... It's about as good an opportunity as we're going to get.

Woah, woah, woah! Guys, let's just think about this for a minute.

Whichever one of you has the CLEVER personality – you can win with two other people, right? I'm useful! I'm a cop, I know how to deal with situations like this. You just reconsider your current position, and I'll join your side, honest!

And you're going to need someone with my skills if you're going to want to take down someone like Horse, someone like Tiger. So just ditch the DUMB one and help me out!

Well Rooster, he makes a compelling argument. Maybe I should make him my new partner.

Hey, are you serious here? Don't be stupid, he'll just hand you over to the group as soon as he gets free. Mouse, don't tell me you're falling for this!

Easy there, I was just messing with you.

Oh, right. I knew that.

What do you mean, you were just messing with him? Mouse, you can trust me, I swear!

Eh, I don't think I want to work with someone willing to sacrifice the whole group, if I'm being honest.

You're willing to sacrifice the entire group!

Yeah, and I wouldn't want to work with me either.

Alright, enough chitter-chatter. People could walk in at any moment. Mouse, after you.

What do you mean, after me?

You're the one killing him, right?

Why would I be the one killing him?

I already did Snake and Sheep, that's 2 for me and 0 for you. You should start pulling your weight around here.

That makes no sense!

Yeah, it doesn't!

Since you're already used to killing, you should keep doing it. Even if I'm complicit in all this, I want to go as long as I can without physically murdering anybody.

Oh come on! That's a bunch of nonsense.

It is nonsense!

Shut up, you.

Rooster turned and kicked Bunny in the shin.

Anyways, Bunny's already bound up tight for you. This is a free kill – it's the middle space of a BINGO card.

This is the perfect opportunity to get accustomed to it in case you need to do it later.

...Okay, how about rock paper scissors?

Rock paper scissors?!

Fine. But I'll have you know I'm a rock-paper-scissors master! 3! 2! 1!

Rock.

Goddammit!

Ha! Rock never loses!

Yeah, yeah, whatever. You probably cheated or something. But fine, I'll do it.

Rooster approached Bunny.

Rooster, Rooster please, you don't want to do this, I can get you an-

Bunny's pleas were interrupted when Rooster wrapped his hands around Bunny's throat. I turned away. This wasn't going to be a pleasant sight. There was the sounds of struggling, and an awful choking noise. Then, after a disturbingly long time, I didn't hear anything.

You done yet?

Yes I'm done, you baby. You can look now.

I turned over, and sure enough, Bunny had gone limp in the chair. That's one and a half kills on my soul.

Well, that was unpleasant. We should probably get out of here now. Would be bad to be seen with the body.

Hold on Mouse, we're not just going to leave things like this.

Oh?

For some reason, Rooster walked over to the kitchen. He returned with another knife.

What, are you going to desecrate the body?

Are you kidding me? I'm not some monster.

[BGM: See No Evil]

Instead of Bunny's body, Rooster began cutting up the jump rope tied around him.

Uh, what are you doing?

Helping Bunny 'escape'.

Escape?

Look, if Bunny just sits here, dead, then he's another victim. But if he gets out of these ropes and escapes, he's still a 'suspect'.

Oh, I get you. That's oddly smart, Rooster.

Oddly? I'm filled with great ideas.

For instance, you know how when you want to watch a TV show, you alwa-

Okay, less pitching, more murder cover up, okay?

Yes ma'am.

Rooster finished cutting off the ropes, and freed Bunny's corpse from the chair. It took a bit of work, but he ended up dragging it into the nearby restroom. After that was dealt with, Rooster and I put some distance between us and the cafeteria. We went to a hallway on the second floor, a hallway with three classrooms in a row.

We entered the one furthest down the hall. It looked just like a normal classroom. Textbooks, desks, chairs, the like. Funnily enough, there were a number of Hot Wheels in a little bucket on the teacher's desk, but that was about as weird as it got. There were also a number of dioramas sitting on the windowsill. Most looked like normal school projects.

However, one of them jumped out to me.

Huh... What's this?

'Z. Abadi?'

Hey, this picture kind of looks like Tiger!

You're correct.

The project was done on Tiger. Comparing it with the other projects, I immediately realized this wasn't like the others. This was a clue. But not in the traditional sense. The diorama talked about the Olympian, but not about her athletic abilities. It talked about the case of her dead mother, who fell over Abadi's balcony. The court case reached a verdict of 'justified self-defense'. However, there were other pictures and documents attached to the board. A picture taken on a phone of some knife. A picture of Tiger shaking hands with somebody in a suit. A history of bank transactions. At the bottom, in big bold text, Brian had written out his point:

CONCLUSION? Z. ABADI = MURDEROUS CLIENT.

Hm. The 'murderous' part I could understand. Context clues and whatnot. What was throwing me off was the word 'client'.

Rooster, what do you make of all this?

Hmm. Seems a little dark for a school project, don't you think?

Why do I bother with you.

Still, Tiger seems real scary, looking at this. Not at all like she seems now.

Indeed. I guess most people here are hiding something like this.

And you aren't?

No! Me being here is a total mistake!

A mistake?

Long story. Anyways, what about you? Do you know why you're here?

What? Nooo.

Rooster, we're partners now. I've seen you do worse. You can tell me.

Well, if I'm being honest, I have an inkling of an idea. But I'm pretty sure Brian's pissed at my parents, not me.

Your parents?

I don't really want to get into it.

Why wouldn't he just kidnap them?

That's, uh, that's not really an option anymore.

Oh. Oh.

Yeah, well, I'm not saying I'm a saint or anything, but speaking totally honest, I don't think I did anything that would get Brian to bring me here.

If anything, I'd think I would be more on his side than anything else.

You know, it's ironic.

If we really were the two most innocent people here, and we were the ones who ended up having to kill the others.

It would be. I wonder if it was intentional.

K-kill the others?

At some point, Pig had walked into the classroom. She must've overheard some of our conversation.

Oh, that. Mouse and I were talking about an online game.

An o-online game?

Yeah. We just realized that we knew each other through the game. And we were talking about our guildmates, how the-

[BGM: Fire Breath]

Mid sentence, Rooster rushed up over to Pig and wrapped his hands around her throat. She tried shouting out, and I couldn't have that, so I ran up to Rooster and covered her mouth with my hands. Ugh, it felt horrible, Rooster strangling her while I covered her mouth. I couldn't look right at the sight, I turned my head and just pushed down. Eventually, the struggle died down. Rooster and I stepped back, and Pig lay on the floor, motionless. We were both breathing heavily.

God. What poo poo timing, right?

I didn't have time to shoot the poo poo with Rooster. This was an unplanned, panic kill.

The type people got caught doing.

Mix. fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 4, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Jesus, the whiplash on this route. Thankfully the black comedy is reaally funny for me, god that conversation in front of Bunny.

...and huh, we get a peek at Tiger's past. The client thing implies there might be a murder conspiracy, for which Amadeus was a client/victim?

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Boy, Rooster is certainly on a roll. He's 4-0 with Mouse, huh?

Is Mouse ever going to pick up the slack? I can imagine Rooster would get annoyed enough with Mouse to the point where he would kill her if she doesn't.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

if you saw me change one of the choices and some of the dialogue because i got my notes mixed up on what the best choices were no you didn't :kiddo:

(whoops!)

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Mix. posted:

if you saw me change one of the choices and some of the dialogue because i got my notes mixed up on what the best choices were no you didn't :kiddo:

(whoops!)

Hey, that means I actually got one right instead of going 0-4 :toot:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
This route is fuckin’ nuts.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

These last few have all been pretty great. Just completely leaning into dark humor

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Falling over a balcony, huh? That's similar to what Snake did to Tiger on his route. Sometimes I wonder if Snake is red ??? because they both value perfection and games.

It's good to see Rooster being consistent with his methods against tied-up Bunny. I appreciate when the routes share parallel elements.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Falling over a balcony, huh? That's similar to what Snake did to Tiger on his route. Sometimes I wonder if Snake is red ??? because they both value perfection and games.

It's good to see Rooster being consistent with his methods against tied-up Bunny. I appreciate when the routes share parallel elements.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I have my own theory on that; I suspect there's actually two people working with or being "Brian". It helps account for routes where one of them is dead and can still make announcements or keep an eye on the group. It also fits the idea that every route has two traitors; there's always been two traitors in the group. :v:

We don't have all the info yet (we still don't know a lot about Tiger or Ox, for instance), but I'm actually suspecting Rooster and Monkey. Monkey's obviously kinda suspect, but in addition, they woke up in the same room and Rooster is the one to mercy kill Monkey in Pig's route. There's also other little bits that I got when compulsively rereading the LP, like how Rooster is very good at finding Trinkets and is great at acting dumb.

In addition, so far, every route has at least one of them surviving (including the bloody messes that are Monkey and Bunny's routes).

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

ApplesandOranges posted:

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I have my own theory on that; I suspect there's actually two people working with or being "Brian". It helps account for routes where one of them is dead and can still make announcements or keep an eye on the group. It also fits the idea that every route has two traitors; there's always been two traitors in the group. :v:

We don't have all the info yet (we still don't know a lot about Tiger or Ox, for instance), but I'm actually suspecting Rooster and Monkey. Monkey's obviously kinda suspect, but in addition, they woke up in the same room and Rooster is the one to mercy kill Monkey in Pig's route. There's also other little bits that I got when compulsively rereading the LP, like how Rooster is very good at finding Trinkets and is great at acting dumb.

In addition, so far, every route has at least one of them surviving (including the bloody messes that are Monkey and Bunny's routes).

...And Rooster a) isn't directly related to the conspiracy and b) has a completely separate reason to want several people here dead, thus giving him motive to help. Oh, I like this a lot.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal
There's a pretty clear flaw in Ox's argument. Obviously Horse, Tiger, and Pig can be dismissed because they can't wear Snake's clothes at all, but Rooster's bright red hair is every bit as distinctive as Monkey or Mouse's gender (Dragon is even more obvious due to having highly distinctive hair and being female). Despite that, he dismisses Rooster on the grounds that Pig provided him with an alibi rather than him being completely obvious from even the most cursory glance. Meanwhile Ox's darker skin would not be especially obvious if he was seen from a distance, especially given that the only exposed skin would be his hands, and the story can only work if the Snake imposter was seen from a distance given that even Dog and Bunny don't look very much like Snake.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Iamyourking posted:

There's a pretty clear flaw in Ox's argument. Obviously Horse, Tiger, and Pig can be dismissed because they can't wear Snake's clothes at all, but Rooster's bright red hair is every bit as distinctive as Monkey or Mouse's gender (Dragon is even more obvious due to having highly distinctive hair and being female). Despite that, he dismisses Rooster on the grounds that Pig provided him with an alibi rather than him being completely obvious from even the most cursory glance. Meanwhile Ox's darker skin would not be especially obvious if he was seen from a distance, especially given that the only exposed skin would be his hands, and the story can only work if the Snake imposter was seen from a distance given that even Dog and Bunny don't look very much like Snake.

Don't forget the supposed killer is wearing Snake's mask, which completely covers the head (and any hair the person wearing it has) :eng101:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah I always presumed the mask was less a sheet mask and more like... a hood? Or a mascot head kinda deal.

...Partly because a snake mask would be pretty silly at actually looking like a snake. Same with something like a horse, you kinda need the full head shape.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
The Rooster/Monkey theory is intriguing. The Rooster/Monkey dynamic has been slightly negative in order to prevent people from thinking they're working together.

Still, not sure who freed Monkey at the end of her route. Unless Rooster played dead extremely well, there wasn't anyone else available to free her from the ropes. Is there a 13th person?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Actually seeing how they tied up Bunny (again) in this route just made me realize that Rooster is the one who suggests to tie up Monkey or Bunny in routes, and he suggests the jump rope in the gym.

Wonder if there's a quirk in the jump rope that allows them to be undone by a person who's tied up in them and who knows how to. Like an accomplice.

Gyrfalcon2138
Jul 26, 2022
Oh gods here we go. What could possibly go wrong??? :smug:

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah I always presumed the mask was less a sheet mask and more like... a hood? Or a mascot head kinda deal.

...Partly because a snake mask would be pretty silly at actually looking like a snake. Same with something like a horse, you kinda need the full head shape.

We know they're mascot heads because we saw pictures of the rat and ox heads at the beginning of the game.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Also hey, I meant to post this earlier, but we do actually have a vote :eng101: Without giving context, our duo find themselves in possession of a pistol at some point. Our choice is who gets to hang onto it - Mouse, or Rooster?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hmm, I'd say Rooster. Feels like Ox is gonna twig onto one of them soon. Rooster has a tiny bit more an alibi thanks to Pig, whereas Horse already seems a little suspect of Mouse.

Also, we already know that Mouse is uh, not great at being decisive with a gun when she needs to be, outside of Horse's ending.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hmm, I'd say Rooster. Feels like Ox is gonna twig onto one of them soon. Rooster has a tiny bit more an alibi thanks to Pig, whereas Horse already seems a little suspect of Mouse.

Also, we already know that Mouse is uh, not great at being decisive with a gun when she needs to be, outside of Horse's ending.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ApplesandOranges posted:

we already know that Mouse is uh, not great at being decisive with a gun when she needs to be, outside of Horse's ending.

Yeah, I'd rather bet on Rooster actually using the gun when they need to. But he'll probably complain about it a lot.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

ApplesandOranges posted:

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Wish I could vote Sheep, but I can't. I'd like Rooster to hold onto the pistol. Mouse already has blood splatter on her, and having an extra weapon would make her more suspicious.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, give it to Rooster

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Rooster; Mouse is a proven terrible shot while Rooster has at least some action movie experience

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Absolutely no way giving it to Rooster could go wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Let's arm Rooster with the pistol.

Everything will be fine. Probably. Maybe.