Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
The Belcher's are still here: Failing to make rent, being middle schoolers and Linda.

1:To Bob, or Not to Bob
Bob, Linda and the kids help Mr. Fischoeder put on a play to get his brother Felix to confess to a theft; Louise is jealous of Tina's hands.

EDIT: I can't leave this at the end of a closed thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I celebrating by painting a Kuchi Kopi on a pot. Its my first attempt at painting anything, will post a pic once its done. If it goes well I will do an Evil Kuchi Kopi.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
did you paint it while wigging out in a crawlspace?

please tell me you painted it while wigging out in a crawlspace

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

isaboo posted:

did you paint it while wigging out in a crawlspace?

please tell me you painted it while wigging out in a crawlspace

I live in a studio, so yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Too many penises on that thing.

I'll be interested to see if they keep the sinkhole in the opening or if it was just a one off thing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, that episode was really strong. I have no proof since I didn't check the credits, but it feels like with the movie over, the better writers could focus on the series again.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
2: The Reeky Lake Show
The family's Labor Day lake trip takes a turn when the Belchers find themselves trapped in their cabin, hiding from what lurks outside.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this is probably one of the worst BB eps tbh

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I liked the premise, and how at times it felt like a horror movie but it was a little disappointing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Awful. Linda is only barely better than Gail.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I hate how lame this show has been getting. It also feels like we haven't seen any of the other kids at school in long time.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Nanigans posted:

Awful. Linda is only barely better than Gail.

I liked it. This thread is Skyler White all over again

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I liked the premise, and how at times it felt like a horror movie but it was a little disappointing.

Yeah I think they could have done more with the premise. The secret TV thing wasnt very funny.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Danzel Glovington posted:

Nah, sorry OP. Despite literally everyone telling her it was a bad idea, Linda gotta Linda just to win clout with the woman at the grocery store whose name she couldn’t even remember.

And anyone trying to excuse it as “she just wanted a nice memory for her family,”:

Edit: Linda is absolutely the Walt.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 7, 2022

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Danzel Glovington posted:

Yes, because Skylar was terrible too. :colbert:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of Linda

https://twitter.com/DavidToons_/status/1578353380363501568

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
3: What about Job?
A school assignment about careers sends Louise spiraling, trying to imagine what her future might hold.

my money's on her running a burger joint

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/petfindernames/status/1579250846520725504?s=46&t=itinlqv33-xtIo3P69scWA

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Ok, that episode was much better. They must have heard me mention wanting to see more of the other kids at at school.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
4: Comet-y of Errors
At a comet watch party, Bob tries to keep Teddy from looking for signs from the universe; the kids try to make their comet wishes come true.

Feeling it now, the thread ain't gonna like it unless the wishes are detailed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

3: What about Job?
A school assignment about careers sends Louise spiraling, trying to imagine what her future might hold.

my money's on her running a burger joint
Your speculation isn't a spoiler, so I'm not gonna' spoiler my response, but I think so too. Silly to care so much about cartoon people in a funny burger show to the point that I speculate on their futures, but I do.

It's either going to be Louise, who rebels against the restaurant the hardest, but occasionally shows signs of really, deeply giving a poo poo about it and having an aptitude for it, or it's gonna' be all three of them. Louise runs the kitchen and food end, Tina behind the counter and doing the bookkeeping and business parts, and Gene or Gina! Stop queerbaiting us and just let Gene transition, you monsters! doing table service and entertaining guests, making jingles and filming internet ads for the joint.

I love this charming little show so much. :allears:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
All three of them ended up running one at the end of the third act, where Bob decided to use Children of Men as the basis of his story. Definitely worked in the context of them being delirious at 4am

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've been re-watching the show (I only saw it for the first time about a year and a half ago) and man past about series 9 Gene really starts to get on my nerves.
There's two episodes where his demands are sorta ridiculous and it's very hard to empathise with him - the one where he's Quiet Eli and the one where he goes to the music shop to play the drum machine.

It's not awful, he's not as annoying as say Linda's mum or something. Just...a different sort of Gene story where I'm honestly not rooting for him at all.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Yeah, they do Gene pretty dirty in a few episodes.

The Quiet Eli one, as you said and the Mother/Son Spa Day episode are really the worst. He's just completely terrible in both of them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Children can be terrible.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Children can be terrible.

Yea but the show isn't going "Gene is being unreasonable, but here is why"
It's just "Look at them being mean to Gene" it feels like

Those episodes also have super low rankings on IMDB with reviews talking about his behaviour

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Who do you mean "them"? If you mean the writers then yeah it just seems unnecessary. If you mean the adults around him on the show I wouldn't say they're being mean, they're just not humoring him like his parents do.

Everyone on the show has the patience of Job and its frustrating sometimes. It's a cartoon, and they're doing their damnedest to spread this message of inclusive and welcomeness, which I get. But no human would put up with some of the poo poo they throw at them, especially Aunt Gayle.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 21, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Quiet Eli one is all on Linda and Gene was trying to be reasonable in the drum machine one, but Louise kept making things worse. So I can give Gene a pass on both those episodes.

I do agree with Spa Day one though, but mostly because I find that part of Gene and Linda's dynamic weird.

Imo the best one of these types of episodes is the Purrbo one from last season. A real good showcase of engaging your child on their terms and not projecting your own interest onto them.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

Who do you mean "them"? If you mean the writers then yeah it just seems unnecessary. If you mean the adults around him on the show I wouldn't say they're being mean, they're just not humoring him like his parents do.

Sorry I mean "them" as in the writers seem to think we're empathising with Gene

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought this episode had some funny lines. “No Bob, you’re stupid seaweed!”

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
5: So You Stink You Can Dance
Tina cheers Jimmy Jr. on at a semi-prestigious dancing seminar; Bob and Linda compete to see who can catch the most home run balls outside of Wonder Wharf Stadium.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

5: So You Stink You Can Dance
Tina cheers Jimmy Jr. on at a semi-prestigious dancing seminar; Bob and Linda compete to see who can catch the most home run balls outside of Wonder Wharf Stadium.

This episode has a 2.3 on IMDB, what's that about?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Taear posted:

This episode has a 2.3 on IMDB, what's that about?

Unless it got leaked somewhere, it's still an hour or two away from broadcast. Must be some real J-Ju haters out there

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Jimmy Jr. does have a mom, how about that.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I guess she convinced a judge for full custody after Jimmy Sr. was seen at the Capitol on January 6.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I actually have a theory about Jimmy Jr.'s (and Ollie and Andy's) mom. We know they are divorced with shared custody even though we have never seen them together. I think we have met their mother, and just like how Jimmy is Bob's nemesis, I think the mom is Linda's nemesis: Colleen Caviello. We are never told who her child(ren) is and there is some real bad blood between them.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

We don't see Mort much, but he brought it in this episode.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
6:Apple Gore-chard! (But Not Gory)

Louise suspects there's something sinister afoot during a Halloween field trip to an apple orchard; Tina and Gene hope to win the school costume parade.

In addition, there may be a cameo in this year's Treehouse of Horror XXXIII (I'm guessing the Westworld spoof?)

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, Jessica still exists. That was a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
7: Ready Player Gene
A virtual reality arcade opens next door, and Gene spends all of his money; Louise and Tina try to build a menu tower taller than they ever have before.