Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wall Balls posted:

the packers are the most soc-dem compliant team, being owned by a publicly held nonprofit instead of a billionaire bastard. they're also pretty good right now! (this will end in a few year when their vaxx-sceptic weirdo qb ages into dust)

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

+1 To the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is a derp, but the team's ownership is pretty cool and they are fun to watch and tend to win poo poo.

Another +1 for the Packers here. Our colors may be garbage but they are consistently pretty good, even on years they don't play well. Its very rare they don't at least make it to the playoffs but seem to always lose the NFC championship game.

They are usually always at the top of the division too so you can rub into the faces of any Bears or Vikings fans you know. I guess Lions fans too but come on, are they even a team after the last few years?

The reckoning for the Packers is coming soon since Aaron Rodgers will probably retire in the next few years. I say good riddance. If dude kept his mouth shut and just got a COVID shot it wouldn't be so bad but now I just want that rear end in a top hat to go away. Then again he brought back the mullet so even if he kept his mouth shut he has still committed some serious crimes against humanity.

I say all that as someone who owns Packer stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

You could also choose to follow a specific player instead. Tom Brady is a good choice since even though he is a massive piece of poo poo dude is usually always winning.

You'll still end up choosing one team for most of their career but it allows you to change your team later in their career.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

"Da Bears" are another interesting choice.

Pros:
Legacy Team
You'll have a permanent sense of hope that it will be a good season because their entire roster, including the coaches, is changed every 3 years or so

Cons:
They will be wrecked by the Packers 19 times out of 20, even if the Packers have had a garbage season. Its like a law at this point.
You'll have a permanent sense of dread that it will be a bad season because their entire roster, including the coaches, is changed every 3 years or so

You honestly could do a lot worse.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

op still hasn’t chosen a team? c’mon just pick one, it doesn’t actually matter

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

You should choose the raiders op they gave the most gangster fans..

I regularly yell raiders fool and ride my 'harley

RAIDER DAVE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk01lL1qadI