Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saigyouji posted:

It's just kinda weird to assume that a work that is directly referencing one of the most well known pieces of queer anime ever made, in a franchise that has already had canonical gay marriage, isn't going to commit, based on a single episode.

I think it is also fair to say that this stuff gets teased without actual commitment so often that people are gunshy of it actually following through versus a bait and switch. I think acting like people have no reason to be cautious is a bit unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If they'd left it on "Hello, my Groom" for a dramatic finish on the episode, sure; I could see it bait and switching even as soon as the next episode just for a fakeout one way or another. Capping it with a direct statement like "Girls can get married together, that's normal here" is a little too specific for that though.
I have seen enough 'girls falling in love is fine but that doesn't mean we will actually do it' stuff that I don't consider that a slam dunk, no.

Hopefully that isn't one of those shows but it is frustrating for people to act like this is coming from nowhere.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I get being cautious but also people saying it isn't a proper relationship till the show explicitly stated it at the end does feel like goal post shifting that happens a lot online and never really happens when it's male and female pairing

It happens all the time in male and female pairings. Off the top of my head ones I remember it being a thing in Naruto, Avatar the last Airbender, even Harry Potter.

This doubles with LGBTQ relationships where you can have something that looks and is written like a romance until they just shuffle it into Plausible Deniability land or otherwise make it not happen.

Thankfully the show hopefully won't go to Plausible Deniabilityland since they explicitly brought it up bit it has happened before!

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, we do at least have to acknowledge that the protagonist rescuing a girl from her abusive fiancé and ending up engaged to her in his place is more romantic development than any main couple in Gundam has ever received in the first episode of their show.

08th MS Team.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely feel weird about Miorine taking the blame for what happened on Earth. Like I know she blames herself because she's lacking information but she was doing great until a certain someone decided to war crime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Still, don't use mentally unstable child soldiers if you want me to side with y'all, DOF.

But that rules out every single Gundam faction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anshu posted:

My impression was that she was always with Dawn of Fold, and that her attendance at Asticassia was arranged by Shaddiq through shell companies, like Sophia and Norea.

Yeah, that was what I thought. Her 'golden ticket' was arranged so she could be in that position.