Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Terry van Feleday posted:

Arknights... Has the fundamental problem that the early story stuff it’ll cover is just not very good, but I guess we’ll see how much they’re willing to tighten it up. I hope very, ‘cause Arknights' story is great and I do wanna see The Good poo poo animated too.

I feel like even if this season sucks, they'll keep making more anyway. My understanding is that Hypergryph is very into "prestige," which is why they keep throwing money into animated trailers for every event and music videos for each 6*. While surely it also serves some kind of advertising purpose, mostly they just like making this stuff because they can; it's not a calculated business decision so much as hubris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I may watch some of these shows but not others

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Discourage climb!

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Shows I Expect To Be My AOTS By The End:
Mob Psycho 100
Do It Yourself!

Looked Neat, Will Check Out:
Raven of the Inner Palace

Will Watch Solely So I Can Be In On Community Hype:
Chainsaw Man
Spy X Family

Looked Neat, But My Hesitance At Watching Sequels To Long-Finished Stories Demands I Wait For Word On The Street:
Tatami Time Machine Blues

Will Totally Get Around To Watching This Time I Swear:
Encouragement of Climb
Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun

Will Probably Be Trash But What If It's Not!?
Eminence in Shadow
Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman
Akiba Maid War
4-nin wa Sorezore Uso wo Tsuku

Anime That Should Have Been Hugely Popular But Mediocre CGI In S1 Killed The Hype:
Golden Kamuy

Anime That I Am Ignoring But Will Probably Be Huge Anyways:
Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War
My Hero Academia 6
To Your Eternity S2
Uzaki-chan Wants To Hang Out 2
Urusei Yatsura
Pop Team Epic S2
Gundam: The Witch of Mercury

True AOTS:
Pui-pui Molcar

Utter Dogshit:
Any and all Isekai

Malsangoroth fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 27, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

gonna watch mob, gundam, chainsaw man, and my hero academia. may go back to spy x family, i dropped it partway through s1

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm going to watch Mob, Chainsaw, Eminence in the shadows, and Spy X Family.

Eminence is actually pretty funny. For example, The protagonist learned how to play Moonlight Sonata purely so he could use it for dramatic effect.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Eminence In Shadow definitely deserves a siren

Iruma-kun as well, if it's covering the entire arc that it's been advertising, that's a great one.

and Sword Dad too should be good, the trailer was gorgeously animated so maybe siren that as well

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

no sirens on isekai or we riot

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think isekai can have a siren if it's actually a good show and not just good "for an isekai"

isekai is just what anime is calling "fantasy" now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Huh, Megaton Musashi is coming back. I'm not saying it was a good show, per se, but it had a certain old-school charm, and pursued its bad ideas (both in terms of aesthetics and writing) with such passion and enthusiasm that they looped back to being quite endearing.

It was at least a lot more fun than the grey much that was Kyoukai Senki.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Excited for the mha kids to become second years.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sirens dont mean jack poo poo other than that the show is popular. who cares

could stick a siren on any show and it would be equally as indicative of quality!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

:siren: This post is popular

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
probably only going to check out that Waffleman_ post with a siren this season

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Colonel posted:

sirens dont mean jack poo poo other than that the show is popular. who cares

could stick a siren on any show and it would be equally as indicative of quality!
great so it shouldn't bother you for things to get sirens on them if it's not such a big deal then, right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bikes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I appreciate the sirens since in some cases it's less about popularity and more that someone 'round here felt like the show will be worth checking out.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Siren Urusei Yatsura, the first mainstream anime in years that actually has something to say.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Urusei Yatsura needs to right the wrongs of the previous and complete the British dub.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

great so it shouldn't bother you for things to get sirens on them if it's not such a big deal then, right

i think that's what they were saying yes

imo sirens should be handed out at the drop of a hat to indicate that there's more than like 3 people here watching a show who would recommend it to others

i understand that that isn't entirely in line with my previous post but also isekai shows have a different set of quality expectations than other shows and while i don't think that should rule them out from getting sirens, it maybe should be taken into account as sirens are some manner of endorsement of a show.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I appreciated the sirens when I was still watching current shows instead of spending all my time on the back log.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

oh yeah i wasn't being serious. i would say add siren to gundam, iruma-kun, and DIY at the very least, based on board interest

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Extremely excited for more Mob, more Iruma, and more Uzaki.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
:siren: bike anime :siren:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Captain Invictus posted:

yes. i do not care.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

I thought the sirens were for "someone will call the cops if they see you watching this" so I guess I need to go back over the last few seasons

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
There’s a bunch of stuff that’s gonna be really good and yeah Chainsaw Man gonna be awesome but won’t lie I’m more excited for Uzaki cause I could use a good comedy right now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Black Stones posted:

There’s a bunch of stuff that’s gonna be really good and yeah Chainsaw Man gonna be awesome but won’t lie I’m more excited for Uzaki cause I could use a good comedy right now.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Hell yeah give me those goofy faces.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
"Shumi" and not "Jumi"? That's...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
either it's a different translator and they read the じゅ as a しゅ, or it was always しゅみ in jp and having a different translator for the anime description resulted in an inconsistency in terminology

more importantly i'm lolling that it exists just cause some guy came up and begged the mana series producer for a legend of mana anime really hard

quote:

The project began after a Warner Bros. employee approached Masaru Oyamada, the producer of the Mana video games, and delivered a "passionate" pitch for a Legend of Mana adaptation.[6] This in turn was what led to the development of a remaster of the Legend of Mana video game.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, even if it's right, it's still a very silly name in English for a rather serious group of people, and "Jumi" also sounds like "jewel," so I'd say it's a better localization regardless of how the Japanese is unless there's a really good pun I don't understand.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no i'm just saying whoever did the description probably just didnt know about jumi being the english localization. the current version of the game still retains the same tl as the original ps1 release so they're unlikely to purposefully change it in other stuff

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Black Stones posted:

Hell yeah give me those goofy faces.
buddy, if you want goofy faces, if this season of the anime pretty much catches up to the manga then you ain't seen nothin yet

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

:siren: This post is popular

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think sirens are useful and I don't think it matters if they get doled out generously

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

sb hermit posted:

I think sirens are useful and I don't think it matters if they get doled out generously

Then I say we siren Iruma and Uzaki.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
First episode of Reincarnated as a Sword was good, much better animation quality than the usual isekai drek. Also it looks like they got the inevitable slavery stuff dealt with immediately

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sword dad is very clear on how slavery should be handled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
As chutney.