Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
DALL-E is cool but a) it wants your phone number, b) censors everything, and c) wants you to buy credits.

There are some alternatives like Midjourney and especially Stable Diffusion that you can run yourself without any limitations. There's a guide in the Ai Art thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000251

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

no pubes yet sorry posted:

Dall-e 2 is probably going to be easier for the average person to just dump words into and get a funny pic for the twitter. The complex art and second level "people you know in the images" stuff is a leap for average user.

They both can coexist. Some people like to go to the museum and some people want to go get a big mac.

Midjourney is maybe more "artsy" but SD is pretty general-purpose as well and can make you funny pics pretty easily. I'm not even saying you have to run it on your own computer, that's definitely turbonerd territory, they both do have credit-based web tools as well.

OpenAI is just being particularly lovely with retaining copyright, censoring anything interesting, etc.

Mooey Cow posted:

Would be great if these AI bozos could finally move away from noted clown language Python

Amen

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen and had to write some non-example python code and it's not any more readable than, say, C++. It's dumb

Something I tested based on stolen SD prompts