Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7aqxwTtqnE

I was 6 or 7, not sure. My mom took me to stay with my aunt for a couple of weeks, my first proper vacation. First time at the beach, hanging out with my cousin, it was great...until the night we all settled down to watch this loving thing on TV. Between Danny Glick in his coffin, this fucker in the rocking chair, and a nasty bit of sunburn on my back, I don't think I slept again for the rest of the trip. Those fuckin' eyes, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

You Are A Elf posted:

Superman III when the woman gets turned into a robot. What the gently caress were they thinking???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuSsSwg9MXs

That's the most awesome part of the film though?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

twistedmentat posted:

Yes! My dad had this big book of weird stuff from Life or Reader Digest that had stuff about future tech (this was from the 70s so it was talking about stuff that is either commonplace, supplanted, or dead end), historical oddities and the last section was about paranormal stuff, and the section on Nostradamus freaked me out, especially his last one with the line "in the year 99 of 1900 from the sky will come the great king of terror" or something like that, and that terrified me because it suggested to me that in 1999 there would be either a nuclear war or a comet will hit the earth and I'd be dead in about a decade.

Also the first few minutes of ET where they're running through the woods, that poo poo scared me so much i was hiding under the seat in the theater.

lmao, my mom had this weird period where she went vegan, panicked over nuclear war, went hyper Catholic, and became obsessed with this poo poo for a few years. Like straight up sitting alone in the dining room pouring over the quatrains trying to work out who the third antichrist was, who the great lord of terror from would be, etc. For a while she reckoned it was Colonel Gadaffi, hah but once 1986 came and went without the nukes launching, she thankfully dropped it all bar the veganism like a bad habit.

It was a strange time.