Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The meaning of life is to move to the afterlife where u get assigned a new life where u have ur past memories but u end up having to do stuff like work at the postal office in a four dimensional world

i quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

2nd Amendment posted:

42 lol lol monkeycheese

Douglass Adams has much to answer for.

I can see why you wouldn't like Douglas Adams. He wrote funny things and you, well, we've all seen your posts.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
have you heard of femboys op?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

deej-zeej posted:

tell me what you think the meaning is life is, i'm really bored, i don't think we have a purpose.
Kurt Vonnegut asked his adult son, whom he respected white a bit, this question, and his son replied "We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is." He was of course, referring to your posting.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The meaning of life is to procreate and pass your genes on. If you don’t then you have failed as an organism.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Sophy Wackles posted:

The meaning of life is to procreate and pass your genes on. If you don’t then you have failed as an organism.

:haibrow:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Slugworth posted:

Kurt Vonnegut asked his adult son, whom he respected white a bit, this question, and his son replied "We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is."

Sophy Wackles posted:

It’s these two things op

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sophy Wackles posted:

What if my genes are dumb enough that it could be considered immoral to pass them on?

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I can see why you wouldn't like Douglas Adams. He wrote funny things and you, well, we've all seen your posts.

A solid burn.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

What if my genes are dumb enough that it could be considered immoral to pass them on?

Just because it's immoral doesn't mean it can't be your purpose

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Buce posted:

to impart empathy to the ai constructs that will outlive us

ha ha groooossssss

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nonreproducing members of the community are important in social animals and increase overall survivability. Google "gay penguins". For an extreme example, there are eusocial animals.

From a raw "selfish gene as value" perspective which, as a biologist I reject, nonreproducing members of the community still have value.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Fv3LFGCgo

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Captain Hygiene posted:

lmao

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

to be chill and pet dogs, smooch lovers, look at the stars, and wonder

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Why are we here?

No why. Just here.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
To get dunked on

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
:lol:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
To ask the question of why we exist is evidence of a diseased mind, one which assumes our reality must have some mundane meaning behind it which is palatable to the human psyche. It is not meant for us to understand the meaning of life beyond our own perception of it, and any attempt to decipher the intentions of God (or however you wish to define the divine id) is heresy on an infinite scale. It doesn’t matter why we are here, the fact that we are here is proof enough that our existence is inevitable and just.

Tl;dr who cares lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
RN I am here to smoke weed when I don't have to work to earn money to stay indoors eat and smoke more weed.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Oh, I can speak on this because I spent way to much money on useless philosophy and poo poo.

There is no real answer. We don't have one at least yet.

But what we do know is that you are a way for the universe to know itself. And as far as we know so far, we are the only ones.

So go grow a plant and look at the sky or whatever your jam is and understand when it's over, it's over.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That's just Sagan after a spliff

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
Cute cat memes. Have you seen the one where the cat looks like it's riding an invisible Bike? Lol! Cats!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm not here

and also this isn't happening

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

That's just Sagan after a spliff

That's a good thing!

naem
May 29, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The universe wants to experience itself

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
god, jesus, and the holy spirit

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

to pwn noobs, op

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Tig
Bitties

Failing that, there's always the possibility of transcending the limits of your mortal flesh and becoming an ascended being, all-knowing and ever-present.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
To pay tenbux

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Live to eat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

To kick rear end and make shitposts, and I'm all out of rear end kicks

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

The meaning of life is

Aliens created the universe, which evolved into a giant brain, which they'll observe to see what profound thing it will come up with, if any. Still has a long way to go in our perspective, but not to them.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm here for a good time not a long time haha

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You only live twice imo

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Mooey Cow posted: