Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
You're the coolest person I've ever known op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP you're actuallly just dreaming that you have control of your dream, but in reality I'm in control of your dream.

For instance, riddle me this: How can you trust a man with both belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Icochet posted:

You're the coolest person I've ever known op

You're the one I feel sorry for the most

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a luciferian dream once, it was cool. I had a unicorn horn for a penis and magic ponies were beckoning me for wild adventures. :horsedrugs:

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
:argh: normies!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd say somewhere around 50% of my dreams are lucid, OP, is that alright? I hope so because I ain't doin' poo poo about it.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I can read in my dreams, take that

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This thread is not really very good, OP.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
And I know everything about good threads

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like when the show ends and it goes "AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

numberoneposter posted:

i like when the show ends and it goes "AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM"

High stakes af

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

This thread is not really very good, OP.

It was going fine until you showed up

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I can read in my dreams, take that

That's all well and good, but can you read OUTSIDE of your dreams?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

MettleRamiel posted:

That's all well and good, but can you read OUTSIDE of your dreams?

Ooh, I gotta think about that one

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Sounds exhausting, I spend all my waking time doing things under my own control. I need my sleep time as a break from all this. This is why most my dreams just involve me laying down and sleeping.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

First of May posted:

It's not just lucid, it starts with being aware you're dreaming. Learn to recognize "impossible" elements, or dream patterns unique to you.

I can't fly in my dreams, but I can hover above the ground. I can breathe underwater. I can phase through glass. I can weakly shoot magic from my hands. I have telekinesis. If I try to read in a dream the text shifts and morphs between forms. I sometimes know what's going to happen next. These are all indicators that I'm in a dream that aren't full lucidity.

I sleep very shallowly and I find the most lucid dreaming happens in the early morning just before it's time to get up. Try sleeping with the lights on, or with some music or podcast playing and find that balance where you can reach REM sleep and stay shallowly asleep. Good luck.

Pfft. Weakly shoot magic. Can hover. Amateur hour over here.

Come back to me when you can fly, or make the moon hit the earth for fun. I could totally beat you up in a lucid dream.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Lol if you can lucid dream and aren't spending every sleeping moment having lots of nasty sex in unbelievable ways. Just lmao

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lucid dreamers are boring as poo poo. no one wants to hear anyone talk about their dreams for any reason.

dreams are one of those things that are only interesting to the person whos dream it was, no one else gives a poo poo OP hth

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lucid dreaming sounds like being awake op. Whole point of sleeping is getting away from that poo poo. I’ll pass, thanks.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

MettleRamiel posted:

My whole life I have almost exclusively only had lucid dreams. I can control what I do in a dream and can manipulate the world most of the time as well. I've never not known I am dreaming.

This being my benchmark, it didn't really click with me until I was a adult (probably way too long) how truly awful nightmares must be. I remember whenever in a movie or TV show someone would wake up sweating and say "oh, thank god, it was just a dream" and I always thought that was just stupid, bad writing. Like, of course it was a dream, you were dreaming! Now that I know that you weirdos actually think that Freddy Kruger is chasing you, I feel really bad.

I'm sorry none of you all have brains that can differentiate reality from fiction.

I think I remember someone on SA saying learning to lucid dream caused them to develop sleep paralysis or schizophrenia.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

"wow that's genuinely interesting and I'd like to hear more." said no one ever when listening to someone describe their dreams

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Womblemania posted:

same and its weird cause i really vividly dream and its pretty cool but then ya know the existential dread kicks in 5 minutes after the alarms and its like forgetting about your entire mushroom trip

My friend thought he was lucid dreaming, when we were shrooming. It was a lovely pain in the rear end. I had to convince the cops that it might be heat stroke, so they would send him to the hospital. It was a good thing I had sunglasses on.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
You never contemplate your own existence in a dream, and the ever present threat of oblivion, wake up screaming "oh my God I'm going to die" drenched in sweat and suffering a panic attacks? Just me? You're missing out

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Clitoris posted:

You never contemplate your own existence in a dream, and the ever present threat of oblivion, wake up screaming "oh my God I'm going to die" drenched in sweat and suffering a panic attacks? Just me? You're missing out

Actually I have dreams where it feels like I'm sleeping so deeply that my soul is about to detach from my body to wander adrift in the chaotic, amorphous dream dimension forever and that freaks me out.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

"wow that's genuinely interesting and I'd like to hear more." said no one ever when listening to someone describe their dreams

You're just salty because you're never in anyone's dreams, only their nightmares

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

MettleRamiel posted:

You're just salty because you're never in anyone's dreams, only their nightmares

hell yeah ur making me sound like freddy krueger now :unsmigghh:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I was dreaming that I didn't click on this thread. Then I woke up to the hellish torment that is my life.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I was dreaming that I didn't click on this thread. Then I woke up to the hellish torment that is my life.

Thanks for sprucing it up with your peerless wit!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I dreamed that when I woke up I would check GBS and find cool new threads and instead I found this.

Dreams are lies.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

I lucid dreamed last night was loving ops mom

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

A :regd05: poster with a newbie avatar being "lmao you guys are so lame I pity you" is funny to me on a deep personal level

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rain dogs posted:

Dreams are stupid

Hahaha nailed it. :hfive:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MettleRamiel posted:

My whole life I have almost exclusively only had lucid dreams. I can control what I do in a dream and can manipulate the world most of the time as well. I've never not known I am dreaming.

This being my benchmark, it didn't really click with me until I was a adult (probably way too long) how truly awful nightmares must be. I remember whenever in a movie or TV show someone would wake up sweating and say "oh, thank god, it was just a dream" and I always thought that was just stupid, bad writing. Like, of course it was a dream, you were dreaming! Now that I know that you weirdos actually think that Freddy Kruger is chasing you, I feel really bad.

I'm sorry none of you all have brains that can differentiate reality from fiction.

I don't believe you can have nothing but lucid dreams. You had a few and now are feeling powerful

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I kinda don't even believe you had any lucid dreams, just, thought you did

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just dream that you could have a lucid dream

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
lucid dreams are bullshit anyhow. Got to wake up in the real world sometime

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Yaldabaoth posted:

I think I remember someone on SA saying learning to lucid dream caused them to develop sleep paralysis or schizophrenia.

In this way, lucid dreaming is a lot like posting in fyad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

In this way, lucid dreaming is a lot like posting in fyad

you have neve posted in FYAD before have you?

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
OP what do you think of what they said in Multiverse of Madness, that when you lucid dream you're really inhabiting a body in another universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think da OP is laughing at us because we are all the same :smith: