Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
My whole life I have almost exclusively only had lucid dreams. I can control what I do in a dream and can manipulate the world most of the time as well. I've never not known I am dreaming.

This being my benchmark, it didn't really click with me until I was a adult (probably way too long) how truly awful nightmares must be. I remember whenever in a movie or TV show someone would wake up sweating and say "oh, thank god, it was just a dream" and I always thought that was just stupid, bad writing. Like, of course it was a dream, you were dreaming! Now that I know that you weirdos actually think that Freddy Kruger is chasing you, I feel really bad.

I'm sorry none of you all have brains that can differentiate reality from fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Infidel Castro posted:

The only nightmares I experience are your posts, OP.

:ck5:

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm still trying to achieve full control of my bowls

I can make you have that control...IN MY DREAMS!!

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

op you are dreaming right now and we need you to wake up, please wake up

I'm not taking advice from a goon

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Xenocides posted:

I was able to get into a lucid dream once and have never been able to do it again. This annoys me as the one time I did it was amazing fun.

Now I just have a recurring nightmare where I am happy and content in a fulfilling relationship and a fulfilling job with great kids and a happy social life. Then I realize that none of this ever happened and realize it is a dream when I start to wake up. I remember what my life is really like and I struggle to hold onto the dream.

“I don’t want to go back! YOU CAN”T MAKE ME! Please! NOOOOOOOOO!”

Then I wake up and try not to cry.

It's ok, friend, you'll always have us!

I just made it worse, didn't I?

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Authentically re-experiencing traumas in dreams is part of how we process them, op. I'm sorry that you will never get to experience that. Instead your childhood trauma of forgetting to wear pants to school will haunt your subconscious forever and break you one day.

I have alcohol, you idiot

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i nutted in my dream last night and in real life too. how many of your dreams have come true op?

You nutted in my dream last night

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Icochet posted:

You're the coolest person I've ever known op

You're the one I feel sorry for the most

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

This thread is not really very good, OP.

It was going fine until you showed up

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I can read in my dreams, take that

That's all well and good, but can you read OUTSIDE of your dreams?

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

"wow that's genuinely interesting and I'd like to hear more." said no one ever when listening to someone describe their dreams

You're just salty because you're never in anyone's dreams, only their nightmares

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I was dreaming that I didn't click on this thread. Then I woke up to the hellish torment that is my life.

Thanks for sprucing it up with your peerless wit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

ProfessorMarvel posted:

OP what do you think of what they said in Multiverse of Madness, that when you lucid dream you're really inhabiting a body in another universe?

I think America Chavez is a loving badass