Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

You're right. Honey crullers are pretty good though, but Timmie's coffee fuckin sucks so I'm not going to 2 places. I'll go to McDicks and get a large coffee 1 Splenda and a few cm of milk to cool it down so I can drink is sooner. I've always found coffee to be served far too hot. I like doing their sugar free vanilla iced coffees during the summer for just a loonie. Their snacks suck so I'll prolly grab a chicken sandwich or a mcdouble if its after 1030.

look at all these made-up words! I know all words are "made-up", but these especially so. Loonies! crullers! chicken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'll bring the Nanaimo bars, both original and mint.

I've been fishing off nanaimo a couple times. Those nanaimo bars are what, 14,000 calories per bite?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

riding the rickety little boats through the bigass swells is always the most enjoyable part of fishing for me, aside from eating the fiesh.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I love poutine but I'm not Canadian.

I don't think most canadians like or care about poutine though

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

Canada is a country that is pretty good, but has also done some awful poo poo. Its a land of contrasts. I like living here and like my flag, but I hate those freedom cunts. gently caress them.

Also gently caress hockey and gently caress Tim Hortons.

whoa buddy, the c*nt word is ONLY ALLOWED for use in threads ... about ... commonwealth ... well I'll be damned. You've found the loophole.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Captain Splendid posted:

Please ensure page 2 is a repeat of page 1, but in French.

oui, mon glissante derrier.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Omnicarus posted:

How is Canada holding up money wise? There's got to be a shortage since you've got to reprint everything with the new King's face on it? I saw where it wasn't doing good and that's just bad, but you know that's what happens when that sort of thing happens and you have to be careful about it

apparently, all their money is currently printed on the hides of creatures that are no longer extant. As a result, the nation can no longer create money. This will lead to the adoption of bottle caps or "caps" as the official currency of the realm.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Methanar posted:

Did you know Canada's main approach to combating braindrain of everyone successful leaving the country is just to punish you for daring to leave by a deemed disposition on literally everything you own. Also they retain tax withholdings on any equity grants issued to you while you were a tax resident, forever. Even once you leave the country and are not a tax resident, nor employee of any canadian company. They're gonna keep taxing you!

Not sure why anybody would try to simp for a country that is utterly non-competitive and survives only by draconian protectionism dragging in every industry resulting in unmitigated consumer sodomy. See: dairy, healthcare, education, housing, telecom, air travel to name a few. There's a reason 40% of all medical doctors leave for the united states within 5 years of completing residency. A quarter of the entire GDP is chinese money laundering by the real estate market.

The entire Canadian identity is nothing but patting yourself on the back for how Not American you are. Despite of course 98% of all media consumed originating from the US and virtually all products used being designed in the US and then later imported.

Canada somehow manages to be the single worst emitter of greenhouse gases per capita in the world. Worse than the united states.

I've heard something about a genocide ranking list?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

Its a bunch of americans, of course theyre going to be mad at our superior country

to be fair, british columbia is the only good part of canada. But it's very good.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

If we're so great how come we don't have a bus service? Why does my town not have a single doctors office or clinic? Ohh you mean Vancouver! Yeah the coast is really nice, great food.

I assume 99% of vancouver residents are living off trust funds because how the gently caress else could you possibly afford to live there. good food, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i will say that skytrain is a very nice transit system that I legally cannot disparage.