Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

I’ve found that when the line is 7+ points different than what I think it should be; chances are better than not that they know something I don’t.

Oh without a doubt. Vegas isn't what it is because it loses, there's bean counters making seven figures setting these lines for a reason. The Shootout does tend to be insane and unpredictable, another reason I'm not taking the bet. But all the same I just have a feeling it's gonna be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Moral victory I guess.

Missouri spent a half winning on both sides of the ball at the line against Georgia which should have some alarm bells ringing. Even if Georgia figured out after the half that they're way bigger and stronger, that should never have been an issue.

drink is just...not a good offensive coach, despite what his reputation was coming in. why the gently caress are you running hurry up after a huge run when your offensive line has shown it has zero discipline all year?

totally uninspired by most of his calls at the end of the game (the time he finally starts to air it out is when he needs to make a sustained drive at the end of the game??), especially because brady cook is clearly NOT That Dude who can take you to victory on his back

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I would never ever put money down on the faith that college kids will come out and perform like they’re supposed to.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

OU opens -3.5 in the shootout.

I’ll be in Vegas for it and if I were smart I’d make Texas plus the points and ML as a two-leg parlay but don’t think I can bring myself to bet so heavily against OU. Got the feeling Texas is gonna bury us. OU is in this awful place of not much to lose but also not much to gain, other than it being a rivalry game. But 40% of the roster wasn’t even here last year, who’s to say half the team even gives a poo poo?

Especially if Ewers is in and Gabriel is out, both of which seem likely.

Sark has postured like Ewers is very close to coming back the last two weeks, but he bullshits with injuries at a Bill Bellichik level. It's just impossible to say if Ewerss is going to play or not. Probably more likely than not but I would not be surprised if he doesn't.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

UCLA 5-0? pfffft, I'll take an undefeated kansas for maximum :wtf:

Dango Bango posted:

...and lose

But they won?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1576400261265838080

The play-by-play guy guessed "Jay Mohr" for this.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

But my primary complaint was our OL. I have to give Mizzou all the credit in the world, they came to play and just worked us until the 4th quarter. I was so underwhelmed with the hire of Stacy Searels as our OL coach, especially after Pittman and Luke. By all accounts Searels sucks at recruiting and seems like he still sucks at development. I think we had to settle, which is why he ended up here, but man I hope he either gets it together or we move on because we have maybe the most loaded OL group in the nation and we can't run block to save our lives.

I think (hope?) that the timing of Luke's departure left us in a bind so we just had to settle for someone with A Name who was out there even if he was passed his prime and his prime was never that great anyway. Watching us attempt to do manball with an OL who can't impose their will on anyone is frightfully depressing. Also Stetson got killed. poo poo night by the big guys all around until the last 4 or so minutes. If this is just how it's gonna be for the rest of the year, then Monken better draw up a ton of Bowers/Darnell screens.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Wisconsin is the worst team in the Big Ten and it isn't close. They have basically already quit on the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of the players quit playing now, looking to transfer for next season. No need to get hurt this year for this team when you'll be playing somewhere else next year. You can say this is an overreaction but it isn't, if you watched any of the last 2 games and listen to a lot of the talk in the locker room after the game. The dudes that are going to the NFL next year are still giving it, but everybody else seems to have taken the year off, looking to go somewhere else.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mike_V posted:

drink is just...not a good offensive coach, despite what his reputation was coming in. why the gently caress are you running hurry up after a huge run when your offensive line has shown it has zero discipline all year?

totally uninspired by most of his calls at the end of the game (the time he finally starts to air it out is when he needs to make a sustained drive at the end of the game??), especially because brady cook is clearly NOT That Dude who can take you to victory on his back

We hire a ~defensive guru~ and the defense sucks. We hire an offensive genius as coach and the offense sucks. Idgi

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yates posted:

Wisconsin is the worst team in the Big Ten and it isn't close. They have basically already quit on the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of the players quit playing now, looking to transfer for next season. No need to get hurt this year for this team when you'll be playing somewhere else next year. You can say this is an overreaction but it isn't, if you watched any of the last 2 games and listen to a lot of the talk in the locker room after the game. The dudes that are going to the NFL next year are still giving it, but everybody else seems to have taken the year off, looking to go somewhere else.

Have you seen Northwestern?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:hmmyes:
:emptyquote:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I think (hope?) that the timing of Luke's departure left us in a bind so we just had to settle for someone with A Name who was out there even if he was passed his prime and his prime was never that great anyway. Watching us attempt to do manball with an OL who can't impose their will on anyone is frightfully depressing. Also Stetson got killed. poo poo night by the big guys all around until the last 4 or so minutes. If this is just how it's gonna be for the rest of the year, then Monken better draw up a ton of Bowers/Darnell screens.

Some of the rumormongering is that he was like... 4th on the list. I think we wanted the dude from Baylor and somewhere else first. But we keep getting put on our asses and it just shouldn't happen. When we switched to a more gap based blocking scheme things opened up, but with the dudes we have we should be able to bully everyone.

Also the cut/chop block that put Carter out with a sprained MCL was dirty as hell and I wont here otherwise.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Have you seen Northwestern?

You mean tied for first in the west Northwestern :smug:?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:vince:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

How Costal won yesterday

https://twitter.com/CamMellor/status/1576400489654415360?t=thWA3B3un2mfCM-Ju64xWg&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Eric Tayloresque playcalling

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

E; wrong thread

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 2, 2022

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I knew Mirco had a good run, but 22 yards seems... absurd?

How big was the loving gap Rutgers left him?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

like maryland or rutgers will ever host it

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to show up at Rutgers in November 2019 for the 150th anniversary of the first college football game.

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

a neat cape posted:

the shoe is now on the other foot and I am in hell

As a Nevada fan… welcome

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Yates posted:

This is hyperbole and I'm very curious about your locker room access.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern got 5 turnovers out of penn state because they were playing in a downpour and they scored on ZERO of them, lmao.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I liked it better when UW Dawgs were undefeated and ranked decently. It was a nice season while it lasted :smith:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

this is seriously the funniest loving thing, the Big Ten West is where the big boys play

edit:

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1576400261265838080

The play-by-play guy guessed "Jay Mohr" for this.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

I knew Mirco had a good run, but 22 yards seems... absurd?

How big was the loving gap Rutgers left him?

3 yards or so? If we're talking about the same play

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

downout posted:

But they won?

:doh:

Whoops. From a tweet that was posted in the GDT, I thought the blocked FG that lead to OT was game-deciding.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern got 5 turnovers out of penn state because they were playing in a downpour and they scored on ZERO of them, lmao.

At one point I'm pretty sure I saw a stat that Northwestern had 8 total yards on all offensive series combined after the 5 turnovers.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

See? Wisconsin is still right in this thing don't give up now.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Basketball's already started?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Yates posted:

I could see folks sticking around to see who the shiny new coach will be.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I could see folks sticking around to see who the shiny new coach will be.

their next coach is already on staff

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Those AP cowards still won't rank Tulane.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Half the Big 12 is ranked. Neither OU nor Texas are.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Wrong thread.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The six degrees of UNC's record is crazy and incestuous.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

General Dog posted:

I’ve found that when the line is 7+ points different than what I think it should be; chances are better than not that they know something I don’t.

counterpoint: The El Assico O/U was 40-ish

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lol

This will be CFB's dumbest throughline of the season

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34711544/alabama-jumps-georgia-take-no-1-spot-ap-top-25-college-football-poll

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I hope this isn't a glitch and they just literally do not have a graphic for Kansas's logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I was trying to work out the math on how many #3 votes Georgia has to have to make it work.