Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

Sometimes I wonder where they store the people that call the Olympics. Like the guy that knows literally everything there is to know about Women's Short-Track Speed-Skating and nothing else.

Those sports have competitions outside of the Olympics. The grognar journalists that cover that beat get pumped for the good stuff and the professionals cough it up on air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
When I was younger, 3:30 was the sweet spot. Now, even a 3:30 game means I am driving the two hours home in the dark and not getting to spend as much post game time with my kids. Night games add the extra bonus of worrying about them getting back to their rooms after the game (Which last night's dorm murder only validates).

Best tailgate ever was September '21 for a noon game, kids had fun, my dad had fun, we hung around after the game and made dinner and taught my kids roomies the fight song. Prepping for the next game, I think the last noon home game Purdue had, my wife opened a hernia lifting our canopy and had to have emergency surgery.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

jason sudeikis is a jayhawks fan and people motherfuckin love ted lasso so i'd be surprised if it wasn't him

We like Paul Rudd better. Jason was kind of a dick growing up but Paud Rudd is pure and good.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

wernox posted:

When I was younger, 3:30 was the sweet spot. Now, even a 3:30 game means I am driving the two hours home in the dark and not getting to spend as much post game time with my kids. Night games add the extra bonus of worrying about them getting back to their rooms after the game (Which last night's dorm murder only validates).
The roommate is the prime suspect. Getting back to his room was part of the problem.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

PBCrunch posted:

The roommate is the prime suspect. Getting back to his room was part of the problem.

True, apparently the murder was also very loud and everyone in that part of the dorm heard it. The murderer was also a junior in Cyber, the same major/class as my oldest.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

wernox posted:

True, apparently the murder was also very loud and everyone in that part of the dorm heard it. The murderer was also a junior in Cyber, the same major/class as my oldest.

If your senior thesis for cyber doesn’t start with ‘I put on my robe and wizard hat’ I don’t know what to tell you

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Who is the fail mod that locked the GDT before the week was over?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
No mod, it was me thinking there werent any games today

sorry

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I certainly hope someone is fired for this blunder!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Down 41-13, SMU calls not one but two timeouts in the last 5 seconds of the game to try to score a meaningless touchdown.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

Down 41-13, SMU calls not one but two timeouts in the last 5 seconds of the game to try to score a meaningless touchdown.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

zimbomonkey posted:

You can’t take them with you!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
NFL content and it's Dan Orlovsky tooting his own horn, but this is a really interesting chat on shotgun vs. under center (very anti-shotgun crowd)

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1577665506550718464

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1578100301923438592?t=KwOm-TG9HeO1vqXsZKJd5w&s=19

Things seems to be going well in College Station

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Max Johnson broke his hand

Haynes King v Bama baby

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kill 'em, aggies

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm solo dad tonight with my sons and I am very disappointed that we'll have to watch Colts @ Broncos

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Seaniqua posted:

I'm solo dad tonight with my sons and I am very disappointed that we'll have to watch Colts @ Broncos

Alerting CPS

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

We watched star wars at their behest

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Talk poo poo, get hit (with a very large payout) Jimbo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Marquee coaches will be lining up around the block to take this job once we have our coach assassinated!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m surprised there isn’t some clause where if Reveille barks at a practice the coach is fired.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

General Dog sounds older than I'd expected.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It just means more.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1578467106449809408?s=46&t=KHOId3vVhUTKw3vH1GQJCQ

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did Lee Corso have another stroke or something? I saw a bunch of clickbait rear end looking headlines about his health.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1578493031338201089

what is Kirk wearing

he looks like he got lit on Mass St last night / this morning

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Warbird posted:

Did Lee Corso have another stroke or something? I saw a bunch of clickbait rear end looking headlines about his health.

Apparently he's fine

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/05/rece-davis-shares-lee-corso-update-after-he-missed-college-gameday

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ByCasagrande/status/1578579681388859392

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1578493031338201089

what is Kirk wearing

he looks like he got lit on Mass St last night / this morning

Still recovering from calling that TNF game

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

Hasn't come out. I'd probably say Riggle would be the best bet, he's already been to a game this year. Embiid would be fun.

It's Riggle.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

booooooo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/TPortalCFB/status/1578629658555269120

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

e: best put in the GDT

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 8, 2022

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol

He is doing a "class set" which is typically 100+your class year in whatever exercise. (I was '09 so 109 pushups) Junior yell leaders have to do a "real class set" which is your class year in its entirety. So he is racking out 2023 "pushups" which is glorified ground humping.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I’d be the one smartass vet there yelling ZERO! ZERO! ZERO!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

George H.W. oval office posted:

lol

He is doing a "class set" which is typically 100+your class year in whatever exercise. (I was '09 so 109 pushups) Junior yell leaders have to do a "real class set" which is your class year in its entirety. So he is racking out 2023 "pushups" which is glorified ground humping.

Maybe he should just do like 50 a day for 41 days instead of embarrassing himself and everyone around him

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

lol

imagine doing 2023 fake pushups just to watch your team get smoked by Jalen "We Have Jalen Hurts At Home" Milroe

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

lol

A tradition that implicitly requires that it be done in a half assed and embarrassing manner does jive with the Aggie football experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That Rutgers performance last night was one of the more despicable things to ever happen on a football field. Schiano is just a bad coach.