Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh boy, curious to see your thread in e/n....and in games...and in the book barn. Actually all of them! What do non-regulars think of these subforums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Roth posted:

Hi all, I've decided to start the incredible journey of making posts on a forum

Unironically awesome to see users posting here and exploring more of SA! It’s tough getting users to leave their home forums.

And also that applies to me. I don’t explore enough.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

e/n these days is, for better or worse, fairly megathread oriented. The individual threads are great for when you want to tell your story or get more specific advice, but to my knowledge people aren't refreshing the forum itself to check for new threads all the time.

As a modding aside, I'm happy with the current state of e/n as a mental health / general life advice forum instead of a drama circus like it was in the old days. It was most of the way there when I got my star, and I've done my best to keep it genuine where it counts. This also helps keep e/n from being redundant - if you want weird stories, there are other, more appropriate forums for that!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Rarity posted:

FYAD is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In FYAD you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the FYAD motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

That's a strange way to type byob...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:ohdear:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

wa27 posted:

What's a chain probation?

When one sixer ends another begins

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

teen phone cutie posted:

pls god nobody get qcs involved either

quote:

69 12/09 QCS: Questions, Comments, Suggestions

We don't get QCS until December!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

I might come back much later. As I said, I had some other ideas. But for now, no sense heading right back in there or something. It's best to let things cool down for a bit.

I might PM some of the FYAD experts ITT my ideas if I do get around to :justpost:. Maybe then I can get some more concrete feedback than just "be funny", haha. I'd like to make a successful thread there.

Genuine question: why?

I'm personally not into the fyad scene at all, as my exposure to it has been fyad being cruel, and that's not my humor at all. What do you see it as? Why do you want to fit in there?

Additionally, why did you use a slur? I know fyad's the slurs-allowed place, but why?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

wa27 posted:

When in Rome

I know I'm fairly uptight when it comes to issues like this, but I'm just not comfortable using slurs. This is part of why I don't go to fyad, I know I'm an extremely poor fit there.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

sigher posted:

What the hell is an IK?

IK stands for "idiot king" (or queen) and in general they're mini-mods. They can hand out sixers freely, have some mod buttons, etc. In most of the grey forums they have a specific use - watch a thread, have some responsibilities, etc. It's a great way to see if someone can handle power before they're modded - or vise-versa, to get someone to do mod actions if they won't commit to the full star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I know there's at least one IK out there who keeps refusing the star and honestly? They're smarter than all of us.