Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The storyboarder for All You Need In Kill spends his free time making fan art of other shows he likes

As far as I know these don’t have spoilers but some of his other pieces do

I love how expressive they are with minimal blocky lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

I have no idea where it's going.

That is the true CSM experience.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I assume the sequel series follows Power as she becomes Japan’s first ever combination president and head scientist.

Denji is her running mate

Part 2 is a shoujo love comedy. No lie.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Sit on my Jace posted:

I'm curious how they're going to pace out the rest of it; the first season covered the first 40%, so they'd have to slow down a bit to do two more seasons. I'd love to see them do one more season and give the final arc a full-on End of Chainsaw Man movie treatment, but I'm not expecting it.

I'm new to Chainsaw Man and enjoyed the show a lot, although there's various points where it feels like things were omitted, skipped over or there were just gaps? I'm not sure if that's the case or not and the show has still been excellent to watch, but it leaves me wondering if I should check out the manga as I have a feeling that it likely has more story than the show? I may just be thinking about certain things too much however when there is no need to but thought it worth asking about regardless.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
No, there's no story you are missing. There's one minor devil fight early on that takes place at the rest stop Makima takes Denji to, but it's over in one chapter [And is the reason he passes out. Blood loss from back to back fights versus the Zombie Devil and the Muscle Devil.]. What did you think you were missing out on?

e: If anything they added a few things here or there. I don't know that they needed to, mostly, but they sure did. The Aki morning routine bit is cool at least.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 30, 2022

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I think overall the anime has been an extremely faithful adaptation that has really taken the source material's vision and implemented it in a way that really rounds it out. I think the best thing about the anime is that it's not really competing with the manga. They both have their strengths, and there are parts where their strongest points don't overlap (which is a good thing!). Like I think the anime's adaptation of Power's backstory is more visually interesting than the manga's. You get the best of both worlds by experiencing both.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
with muscle devil you get more dubious makima early on but its fine without it

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

The storyboarder for All You Need In Kill spends his free time making fan art of other shows he likes

I love how expressive they are with minimal blocky lines

Fujimoto really dropped the ball when he named the series after some random extra rather than the main heroine, didn't he?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Aumanor posted:

Fujimoto really dropped the ball when he named the series after some random extra rather than the main heroine, didn't he?

Unfortunately Power Girl is taken.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Aumanor posted:

Those are some cute clothes on Power though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What's Pochita brand potato chips taste like

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Terper posted:

Oil.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Terper posted:

Sawdust

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

Bread

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Props to this guy

https://twitter.com/ao_cos3/status/1608654942532964352?s=20

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Steve Yun posted:

Oh, I recognize this artist. He makes a lot of cute G-Witch art too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

that shark is smooth

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got to give him props for doing that kind of cosplay during winter.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxxidation posted:

that shark is smooth

No, sharks are rough

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Unfortunately Power Girl is taken.

Why would that be a problem for a series called "Makima"?

(She is the one who got the heroine spot on Shonen Jump multi-series posters, after all.)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

Why would that be a problem for a series called "Makima"?

(She is the one who got the heroine spot on Shonen Jump multi-series posters, after all.)

She also gets the cheesecake covers. But, in the end, we know Kobeni is the real deal.

Anyways, Makima wearing a maid dress is just character assassination]

Babazulagi is fine tho.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
They picked the wrong character to feature for sure

Edit: apparently contained a spoiler, cropped out now

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 31, 2022

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hey it's the chicken devil! Haven't seen you since part 2.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Mulva posted:

No, there's no story you are missing. There's one minor devil fight early on that takes place at the rest stop Makima takes Denji to, but it's over in one chapter [And is the reason he passes out. Blood loss from back to back fights versus the Zombie Devil and the Muscle Devil.]. What did you think you were missing out on?

e: If anything they added a few things here or there. I don't know that they needed to, mostly, but they sure did. The Aki morning routine bit is cool at least.

Thanks for clarifying! It's really just random bits here and there, such as Denji getting cutting in half and Power running away while Kobeni suddenly becomes amazing (was actually surprised the Katana guy was still alive since I thought she finished him off in human form), and then next episode Denji was fine, Power was back etc. and I felt like I missed something? Then again they established blood heals Denji and that Power would be hunted if she ran so I guess things like that are done with the assumption that the viewer will fill the gaps, I think? There's other examples that elude me right now but it's just small things like that which made me wonder if maybe the manga fleshes out the events more is all. Still enjoyed the hell out of the show regardless.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

sorry if I missed this, but does it explain why she’s called Power?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's her name!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The author has a reason and unless you want spoilers do not look it up

also yeah its her name

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She got it off a hair dryer.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The author has a reason and unless you want spoilers do not look it up

also yeah its her name

Roger roger

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

that gold ball that shows up twice in the OP doesn't actually appear in S1 huh

i was wondering what the deal with that is

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

repiv posted:

Obviously it's a crossover with the manga of one of his assistants, Dandadan.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We very clearly saw balls getting smashed in the latest episode

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Fiends just have goofy names. Like the shark fiend's name is Beam.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

repiv posted:

gold ball in japanese is 'kintama' which is also slang for testicles

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

All of the Public Security Fiends have a consistent theme to their names. I don't think that the anime has officially named them all yet, even though it's introduced them, so we may only be able to discuss that in S2.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Well, some Devils have weird names too. Like the chainsaw dog is Pochita, and the Spider Devil is Princi.

On the other hand, Bat is just called Bat, and everyone calls the Violence fiend 'Violence', so it's not like there's a hard and fast rule here.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Power is called Power because she's the most powerful being in existence, duh.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

repiv posted:

other than the testicles joke I think it's entirely to play into the little mini story of the opening where Denji gets the inspiration for his stupid, stupid plan from Aki's bowling ball

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

other than the testicles joke I think it's entirely to play into the little mini story of the opening where Denji gets the inspiration for his stupid, stupid plan from Aki's bowling ball

oh yeah that makes sense

i assumed early on it was going to be related to a character ability or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, some Devils have weird names too. Like the chainsaw dog is Pochita, and the Spider Devil is Princi.

On the other hand, Bat is just called Bat, and everyone calls the Violence fiend 'Violence', so it's not like there's a hard and fast rule here.

Violence Fiend has a name, it’s just not used often.