Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think will win the 2022 MLB World Series?
This poll is closed.
Mariners 32 20.65%
Blue Jays 13 8.39%
Rays 2 1.29%
Guardians 9 5.81%
Yankees 13 8.39%
Astros 12 7.74%
Phillies 10 6.45%
Braves 13 8.39%
Dodgers 22 14.19%
Padres 12 7.74%
Mets 10 6.45%
Cardinals 7 4.52%
Total: 155 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

I refuse to change my cable, because changing it back is a huge horrible pain in the rear end.

What streaming service will let me easily watch ALL the playoff games?

MLB.tv with a VPN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

As the video that was shown earlier in this thread, your team is cheating. They just haven't been caught yet.

I didn't know about all the fans being given mirrors to shine into the opposing batters' eyes, that was incredible in its shamelessness

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

thehoodie posted:

They have to lock them in by 10 et tomorrow, so then.

But no fuckin way they trust berrios over strip at this point

Berrios seems to be a case where he either mechanically is fine or he's not. He's fine the majority of the time and when he is he's great. When he's not it's death. I can see a world where the Jays decide that Berrios is mechanically fine right now (or they feel they want to risk the upside) and put him in over Stripling.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Popete posted:

MLB.tv with a VPN.

I want to be able to watch this on my TV with other human beings, though. I read Hulu has a general cable package I could do for a month.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bawfuls posted:

I think the Astros would still be the highest stakes matchup even if we never found out about The Cans.

2017 still felt like "the one that got away" before the revelation of the banging scheme because duh, that series was incredibly close and went 7 games. The Astros are also the only other franchise winning consistently over this span, so there is some degree of meta-narrative around those two teams as the dominant ones of this era. A second WS match up could end up being the thing that makes one stand out above the other historically when people look back on this period of baseball.

Ok - but we won the first one - so I wouldn't be up in arms if we lost to the Dodgers, it will just add to the pile of "well lost another World Series" that the Astros are collecting.

I would be very salty if we lost to the Yankees though - fandom is a world of contrasts.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Red posted:

I refuse to change my cable, because changing it back is a huge horrible pain in the rear end.

What streaming service will let me easily watch ALL the playoff games?

mlb.tv, but with a 66 after mlb, and .ir instead of .tv

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sydin posted:

Yeah I absolutely refuse.

As a Mariners fan voting for the M's to win it all is a win win as if they win your joke vote is even better and if they lose well only an idiot would think a Mariners fan would really believe they'd win it all the first time they got back to the playoffs in a generation

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Deciding a division champ on a tiebreaker is incredibly lame. Bring back game 163!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mike_V posted:

hoping oli marmol is smart enough to not start adam wainwright in the 2022 mlb playoffs presented by capital one, what's in your wallet

He’s essential for it imo but man the last handful of starts have been rough

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Traxis posted:

Deciding a division champ on a tiebreaker is incredibly lame. Bring back game 163!

:hmmyes:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Its Rinaldo posted:

As a Mariners fan voting for the M's to win it all is a win win as if they win your joke vote is even better and if they lose well only an idiot would think a Mariners fan would really believe they'd win it all the first time they got back to the playoffs in a generation

I considered making it "who are you rooting for" but I figured it would be insanely lopsided if I did lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Traxis posted:

make the Mets and Braves play a best of 3 triple header tiebreaker today imo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the Mets and Braves already played a best-of-19 tiebreaker series

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Poque posted:

the Mets and Braves already played a best-of-19 tiebreaker series

Yep, Mets had their chance. To the wild card with you!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Some Numbers posted:

Comedy option: throw Kikuchi against his former team

They did that earlier this year and he dominated with six scoreless, one hit innings and got the win. Haven’t been following closely since then but sounds like he regressed back to being wildly inconsistent.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Red posted:

I want to be able to watch this on my TV with other human beings, though. I read Hulu has a general cable package I could do for a month.

MLB.tv app is on a shitload of devices, so you can watch with a Roku or Smart TV or Apple TV or Playstation or whatever.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

MLB.tv app is on a shitload of devices, so you can watch with a Roku or Smart TV or Apple TV or Playstation or whatever.
not unless they're either outside the US/Canada or have a VPN setup at the router level

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Apparently, the White Sox were the definition of average for the entire season.

They were 5-5 in their last 10 games, 15-15 in the last 30, 25-25 in the last 50, 30-30 in the last 60, 35-35 in the last 70, 60-60 in the last 120, 75-75 in the last 150 and 80-80 in last 160.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2022/10/6/23391152/white-sox-year-in-review-it-wasnt-pretty

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bawfuls posted:

not unless they're either outside the US/Canada or have a VPN setup at the router level

Yeah. I'll buy whatever service for the next month, which I guess is just the full Hulu deal.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Red posted:

Yeah. I'll buy whatever service for the next month, which I guess is just the full Hulu deal.
Check the channels available, but YoutubeTV is offering a 3-week trial, and after that it’s $15/mo cheaper than Hulu live tv for the next two months.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I just bought a month of fuboTV to get cable, probably not the best option but just needed the local Mariners network & ESPN

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I just bought a month of fuboTV to get cable, probably not the best option but just needed the local Mariners network & ESPN

FUBO is really bad for the playoffs because you don't get TBS.

Local Mariners network won't carry playoff games - you should get YouTubeTV or something like that.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattGelb/status/1578111790780743686

Probably because Marsh can't deal with the sun while fielding.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That reminds me that the Arizona Fall League started this past Monday, and in a game on I think Tues or Wed, Yankees uber prospect Jasson Dominguez lost two balls in the sun

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JoePantorno/status/1578123605459992576

:smugdog:

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Thread title needs to be updated imo

https://twitter.com/SamBlum3/status/1578133625718992897

pretty sure it's an option that Pujols can decline if he wants

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yep, that about covers it. Pete calling it like he sees it.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Buck getting the quote of the year in just under the deadline

https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/status/1578148685615140866

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Also:

https://twitter.com/GrantBrisbee/status/1578152513705889793

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
JD Davis was hitting like poo poo in New York. I doubt he finds the same magic switch he found in SF staying here.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
MLB N/V Playoffs: all of God’s children have a chance

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

elentar posted:

MLB N/V Playoffs: all of God’s children have a chance

good thing that excludes st louis and their devilry

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Alonso actually hit two homers that series, but they were both solo shots and he only had one hit in the series beyond those.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

FUBO is really bad for the playoffs because you don't get TBS.

Local Mariners network won't carry playoff games - you should get YouTubeTV or something like that.

Aw crap you’re right, I only checked for Mariners network and ESPN. Oh well if Mariners are still in it when TBS is needed that’s a good problem to have.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Go Rays

Maybe learn how to score runs by the start of Friday.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Three baseball games will be over or mostly over by the time people start getting home from work

Good job, MLB

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apparently MLB is blacking out the postseason globally now.

https://twitter.com/UKRedSoxFans/status/1578010743378681856?s=20&t=-pwPBErjYL_5VpzUaaXNeg

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Never doubt MLB’s ability to take careful aim and shoot itself square in the dick.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao

blacking out the rest of the world to thwart the what, several thousands of people who use VPNs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Bird in a Blender posted:

Apparently, the White Sox were the definition of average for the entire season.

They were 5-5 in their last 10 games, 15-15 in the last 30, 25-25 in the last 50, 30-30 in the last 60, 35-35 in the last 70, 60-60 in the last 120, 75-75 in the last 150 and 80-80 in last 160.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2022/10/6/23391152/white-sox-year-in-review-it-wasnt-pretty

I'm pretty sure they were never more than +/- 5 wins. They never got hot or cold, they just kind of played games this year.