Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Good Sphere posted:

I really hope they don't go too deep into that. Mushrooms and pipes just exist in the Mushroom Kingdom like trees do, man.

the BLOCKS, on the other hand, are mushroom kingdom citizens who were transformed by Bowser's black magic, and he kidnapped Princess Peach because only she was capable of reversing the spell

but in all the games afterwards, the blocks are still there. Did Peach fail to break the curse? Every day, does she look out and see the brick-strewn ruins of her once-proud kingdom, and regret having failed her people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Mmmmm... yummy. Wish they'd use this design for the movie. :heysexy:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Tunicate posted:

but in all the games afterwards, the blocks are still there. Did Peach fail to break the curse? Every day, does she look out and see the brick-strewn ruins of her once-proud kingdom, and regret having failed her people?

It's free construction materials for her many castles.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Tunicate posted:

the BLOCKS, on the other hand, are mushroom kingdom citizens who were transformed by Bowser's black magic, and he kidnapped Princess Peach because only she was capable of reversing the spell

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that. Weird. Is that why the Super Mario World blocks have eyes?

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Mario holds Luigi’s hand. “It’sa me, Mario” he sobs. Luigi stares blankly into the distance, recognizing no one, his mind ravaged by disease

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Arc Hammer posted:

Miyamoto said Mario is 25 years old and his birthday is October 11.

And he's 5 apples tall.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they should not have made this movie, out of respect for ukraine. we don’t need to be reminded of the horrors of war on the big screen right now.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Shame we didn't get to see Seth Rogan Donkey Kong smoking a huge blunt made out of a rolled up Pirahna Plant or whatever

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm pretty tired of Chris Pratt, he reminds me of a christian summer camp counsellor with an acoustic guitar. Movie looks pretty sick though tbh.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

They called it "The" Super Mario Bros. Movie as though it could distract us from the real Super Mario Bros. movie.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Nuclear hot take: if Chris Pratt was any other character it would've been better, but having him as Mario was probably the worst decision made with the selected cast, but it is not bad enough to likely dissuade me from seeing the movie in the future

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they couldn't even get an italian to play mario. tired of the whitewashing

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

mario is american tho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

mario is american tho

reported for racism

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brando, Pesci, or Stallone? :thunk:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

How many shrek style sex and/or drug jokes will be snuck in, and how many are comparing mushrooms to penises

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EorayMel posted:

How many shrek style sex and/or drug jokes will be snuck in, and how many are comparing mushrooms to penises

Yeah you can bet when they get to bowser it’s gonna be shrek instead. He’ll be all like “congrats! You have made it to the correct castle mario! The princess awaits!” and then the lights dim and you hear mattress squeaking and goomba stomps and coin sounds, and then Luigi (played by Pacino) who is just catching up to the last level, out of breath, flips the light back on and mario is balls deep in a green flesh light in shreks rear end. Then you hear the “mama Mia” sample from 64 and the credits roll. :smug:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i do not wish to see or hear any more about this grubby little pig you call "super mario"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i do not wish to see or hear any more about this grubby little pig you call "super mario"

Turn on you’re monitor! :smugbert:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I know its a massive circlejerk online to be upset that Mario isn't voiced by Charles Martinet but I'd just like to remind everyone of how loving grating that would have been after about 10 minutes with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1Mu4Ee_c8

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

God damnit.

I hate Pratt so I will probably not like this but the little morons love Mario so they will want to watch it.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
All I'm saying is it was a brave choice to end the climactic final battle with Mario grabbing Bowser by the dick and throwing him into a naval mine while shouting "So long, gay Bowser"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

yeah actually

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I hope the movie does well enough to get a Mario 2 for us and a Doki Doki Panic movie for Japan

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Does bowser say the n word in this? Wanted to make sure I can bring my child to it.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

there have been leaks about a graphic, 7 min yoshi egg laying scene that also involves birdo.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Does bowser say the n word in this? Wanted to make sure I can bring my child to it.

No but he does refer to the protagonists as greasy butt-fuckers which felt kinda mean

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Chrs posted:

I know its a massive circlejerk online to be upset that Mario isn't voiced by Charles Martinet but I'd just like to remind everyone of how loving grating that would have been after about 10 minutes with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1Mu4Ee_c8

This owns what the gently caress are you talking about like its a bad thing

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

it's mario game except you can't play it. nothing in those games makes any sense, there's no point in building a coherent story around that poo poo. i think this movie is going to make a lot of the haters of the original movie realise that actually that movie rules and is the most faithful adaption of the source material you could ever make

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
It's weird to hear toad talking normally and not some unintelligible shrieking that we've gotten used to from the games.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

also mario should have been voiced by christopher judge

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It's bold of them to include the scene of Mario throwing the baby penguin into a bottomless void while the mother watches.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Glad they are keeping Martinet on so he can utter his most famous lines, like "I'm hungry! Have you got any food?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQWLg4E90M
(Leaked test rigging/screen test for The Super Mario Bros Movie, leaping into theaters 2023)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Glad they are keeping Martinet on so he can utter his most famous lines, like "I'm hungry! Have you got any food?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQWLg4E90M
(Leaked test rigging/screen test for The Super Mario Bros Movie, leaping into theaters 2023)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPdhdRlhaQ

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think it’s funny that when the cast was announced literally every other cast member was well suited enough to their character that they could get by with using their normal voice EXCEPT Pratt who was the weakest and least character-y actor there.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Mooey Cow posted:

All I'm saying is it was a brave choice to end the climactic final battle with Mario grabbing Bowser by the dick and throwing him into a naval mine while shouting "So long, gay Bowser"

It was refreshing to hear Mario saying it in an intelligible, accent-less Chris Pratt voice.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Mario -- You gonna eat that pasta?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I enjoy Chris Pratt's Mario because it makes it really easy to repeat the lines in public situations as a bit of an in joke without feeling forced to put on a possibly-regrettable accent.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I'm sorry, but someone's probably going to say nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ok but what does this photo of Henry Zebrowski have to do with the new Mario movie?