Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

qirex posted:

and yet they still do low flights directly over my apartment

eh, fuels already bought, might as well do some laps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
aw man i wish i could find the photos of when they had an aircraft carrier go by my old apartment :smith:

it was pretty cool

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

they had a bunch of like cranes and bulldozers and weird trucks and stuff out on marina green and it was fun to climb on em and play around. I talked to a coast guard guy about his ROV. The Navy had this shipping container dive tank and the scuba guy in the tank was playing tic tac toe through a big glass window with kids who were just laughing so hard about it. Still fun w/o the planes. Also the Philz truck was there.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
we just get choppers most of the time, probably because jets would scare the living poo poo out of people (that's what happened when trump had them do a flyover during lockdown lol)

i was in manhattan by the intrepid (its a decommissioned aircraft carrier museum now, ftw) about a year ago i guess and randomly saw a submarine though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the funniest thing about fleet week to me is that 50,000 drivers all try to park in the same 2 neighborhoods then get absolutely furious that there’s traffic without a shred of irony

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

the funniest thing about fleet week to me is that 50,000 drivers all try to park in the same 2 neighborhoods then get absolutely furious that there’s traffic without a shred of irony

i did this and i absolutely got away with it because i got there at like 930

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was having a beer on polk street yesterday at 4 and it was just gridlock for a full hour [except for all the smart folks on bikes]

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Roller coasters are still so, so much fun. Rode my three favorite today at 6 Flags and had an amazing time. :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

lol at this musk sycophant
https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/status/1579216496290828288

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i think i'll turn in early today due to the insomnia of last night. i've tomorrow off, so i can slob it up and stay in bed for twelve hours if i want

just waiting for the melatonin to kick in (if it does)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Squeezing in one more weekend project! Quick five minute job - installed a third brake light flasher box in the truck. Blinks 3x then keeps it on.

And that's all the DIY for the weekend. Now dishes, cat box, sweep, mop and a movie with tea+weed before i rest up for another productive week.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

creamy peanut butter :rolleyes:

lol

im sorry i hope youre feeling better

Video Nasty posted:

Roller coasters are still so, so much fun. Rode my three favorite today at 6 Flags and had an amazing time. :)

hell yeah. what is everyones favorite coaster. mines millenium force at cedar point. that poo poo is bangface

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Beeftweeter posted:

isn't it ridiculously difficult to even get a visa right now?

might end up moving to korea anyway actually

I have a 10 year visa and can’t go there cuz covid rules. only Chinese nationals can cross the border

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

creamy peanut butter

take it up with my rude teen son

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
asked my gf to marry me and despite my purestrain clown pedigree she said yes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
spose I should get divorced lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

I have a 10 year visa and can’t go there cuz covid rules. only Chinese nationals can cross the border

you can also go if you have a work visa or probably some other reasons. just not as a tourist

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echinopsis posted:

grats.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

woot, congrats echi!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

probably, yeah

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

congrats echi!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

from proposal to divorce in record time?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im getting pretty sick of looking forward to nightfall all day because all the apps say it's gonna be clear, and then it's absolutely not clear

it being overcast is one thing but stop getting my hopes up!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

congrats buddy :toot:

echinopsis posted:

...might be a good idea. lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

just finished thanksgiving dinner with the in laws. delicious

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

woot, congrats echi!

Truman Peyote posted:

congrats echi!

fart simpson posted:

from proposal to divorce in record time?

Beeftweeter posted:

congrats buddy :toot:

...might be a good idea. lol

thankyou everyone

rotor posted:

probably, yeah

yeah lol

we got 5 kids between us, so the big question is how the hell we’re gonna live together lol, buy a million dollar five/six bedroom house? drat it’s looking like it 😅 it’s only money right?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

youve already had 5 kids with her and your just now getting married?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what's her boyfriend think about all of it?

jokes. if you're happy i am happy for you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

what's her boyfriend think about all of it?

jokes. if you're happy i am happy for you

idgi, her boyfriend is the one reporting all of this to us?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fart simpson posted:

idgi, her boyfriend is the one reporting all of this to us?

please stop, phil hartman did unfrozen caveman lawyer about a million times better than you ever will.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

echinopsis posted:

congrats m8

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

thankyou everyone

yeah lol

we got 5 kids between us, so the big question is how the hell we’re gonna live together lol, buy a million dollar five/six bedroom house? drat it’s looking like it 😅 it’s only money right?

turn mormon and also marry someone who already has a really big house imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the weekend thread will stay open an extra day due to Indigenous Peoples day here in the US.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rotor posted:

the weekend thread will stay open an extra day due to Indigenous Peoples day here in the US.

hell yeah columbus sucks

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

hell yeah columbus sucks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Beeftweeter posted:

hell yeah columbus sucks

the man, or the ohio?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fart simpson posted:

the man, or the ohio?

after he died, he reincarnated as ohio

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

dioxazine posted:

after he died, he reincarnated as ohio

:hmmyes:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

today's gunplas:

i liked the one on the left so much that i'm thinkin about getting the bigger/harder version of it, i just think it looks so dang sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

graph posted:

hell yeah. what is everyones favorite coaster. mines millenium force at cedar point. that poo poo is bangface

Batman The Ride never fails to impress me with how fast and fun a coaster can be.

The line was like ~5min and my legs turned into spaghetti the moment I touched the ground again after getting off the ride :3: