Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples

Twenty Four posted:

"Something something in French" because Quebec is in America.

that's the comedy here, north south and central america are all america

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples

hola como estas

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

ack mein lederhosen in flammen

Shifty Nipples

the US is a melting pot

Shifty Nipples

Heather Papps posted:

that's communism talk

:bahgawd::clint:

Shifty Nipples

and what the hell is wrong with the potheads, using grams AND ounces

Shifty Nipples

Escape From Noise posted:

I get it I just think that barrels as an industry standard for units of measurement is really goofy and confusing. Especially when a beer, (American) whiskey, and oil barrel are all different volumes.

the alcohol products are stored in casks tho

well kegs for beer but whatever

Shifty Nipples

more falafel please posted:

"barrel" or "bbl" is a unit of volume though, whether the beer is stored in barrels or not. for beer, 1 bbl = 31 us gal

a regular keg is 1/2 bbl, btw

Escape From Noise posted:

In America, Canada, and the UK brewery size and output is measured in barrels (31 US gallons). So when I'm talking shop and asking how big someone's brewhouse (volume of single batch of beer) is I'll get it in barrels, not gallons. So a brewhouse isn't 310 gallons, it's 10 bbls, etc.

Whereas if you were producing bourbon, the volume of a barrel is 53 gallons. Crude oil is 42 US gallons or 35 imperial gallons. The volume of a wine barrel is 59 or 60 us gallons depending on region.

the name of the unit is the name of a container, is the joke.

Shifty Nipples

like gallons aren't stored in a container called a gallon

Shifty Nipples

cups?! what kind of cup and how big?!

Shifty Nipples

Finger Prince posted:

I live in lye-chester and put wor-chester-shyre sauce on my eggs.

glow-chester

Shifty Nipples

buenos dias senor

Shifty Nipples

me llamo Shifty Nipples

I hope that's right, I'm a dumb single language speaker

Shifty Nipples

rear end-penny posted:

Someone that speaks two languages is called bilingual
Someone that speaks three languages is called trilingual
Someone that speaks one language is called American :911::america:

hah

Shifty Nipples

rear end-penny posted:

y'all is a great non-gendered plural pronoun and you will respect it.

Shifty Nipples

rear end-penny posted:

"did you hear about the shooting?"

"which one?"

rear end-penny posted:

hahaha we live in hell

:yeah:

Shifty Nipples

it's just another day
for you and me
in demon cracker nation

Shifty Nipples

Ohtori Akio posted:

Here is an additional layer of American English to consider as you decide whether to use y'all.

It is Southern American English, and it is also Black American English. Those accents grew up together, then Black American English migrated. So, in the South, or if you otherwise have a Southern accent, "y'all" fits. Otherwise, it can come off as if you are transplanting elements of Black American English into your vocabulary, which looks very tacky.

I like "y'all" too; it's been part of my vocabulary since childhood. I actually use it less now, because using my full accent in daily speech comes off like I am transplanting Black American English into my accent, in the place where I currently live.

for about twelve years of my childhood my mom and I lived with her ex (a black man) and his two children, I kinda just absorbed some parts of Black American English :shrug:

Shifty Nipples

I think even motel 6 has ice machines

Shifty Nipples

Chewbecca posted:

Idk what that means but if you come to great nation of australia and desire ice in your hotels then I suggest you prepare for disappointment

it's a ubiquitous (in the US) chain of motels and in my experience they have ice machines which dispense ice

Shifty Nipples

Chewbecca posted:

What do Americans even do with the hotel ice? :psyduck:

when we go on a road trip we often have a cooler or two in the car, for food and drink, it needs to be kept cold with ice.

a mini fridge is way too small

and yeah people also use it to chill cham pag ney

Shifty Nipples

watho posted:

“excuse me could i get some ice for my truck stop boner pills” is an example of a common sentence in american english

as is "ask your doctor if you have any suicidal thoughts or actions"

Shifty Nipples

what i'm getting out of this is that outside of the US people don't use ice and for them the thought of ice is confusing

Shifty Nipples

on the craps
shake em up shake em up shake em up shake em

Shifty Nipples

never had cheese on my gravy biscuits

biscuit is a weird word, biz cue it

bissssss cut

Shifty Nipples

better things aren't possible

Shifty Nipples

woop woop :siren: dangerously close to a tipping discussion :siren: woop woop

Shifty Nipples

Prurient Squid posted:

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of emderberries!

Oh wait not this thread. Well, I guess Amaericans love Monty Python right, so it could be an American doing his favourite Monty Python routine.

this bird is no more it has ceased to be

Shifty Nipples

Shifty Nipples

you could set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill and i still wouldn't have any loving sense

Shifty Nipples

100f=drat it's hot

100c=drat i'm dead and my fluids are boiling

Shifty Nipples

Nosfereefer posted:

oh no, a balloon!

gasp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples

Sarah Cenia posted:

I'm gonna hit this thread with some real talk and it's this: over this past weekend my mother in law informed us that she's looking into the healing properties of pinecones and that's something she just dropped like a fuckin anvil in the middle of whatever we were talking about

and I paused cause I was waiting for the punchline or maybe more and there was no more

and then everyone just resumed talking about whatever else

It was wild

i think that might be a defense mechanism