Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

google THIS posted:

Hey, go back home if yer not gonna speak English!

speak AMERICAN :burger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

yee, and I can not emphasize this enough, haw

Ass-penny

be rootin, be tootin, and by god be shootin. but most of all be kind.

Ass-penny

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

Sure. But those are foreign products.

not the point, we understand more than we let on. the other side of the coin is when I tell someone who has never traveled outside of the he united states they can get a pizza that's ten, twelve, or fourteen inches in diameter and they get confused. because like... why are you afraid to switch to metric, you clearly don't understand measurements in any units?

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

I am gonna fill my car up with gallons of gas lmao

Too bad its a freakign liquid!!!!

I know she's Tasmanian and not Australian, but was this a reference to the Hannah Gadsby joke? When I saw that special I got the joke and thought it was funny, then I was like, but it's short of gasoline, and then I needed to look up where that word came from. Turns out in the 1860s one of the first people to market a petroleum derived lighting oil was calling it cazeline playing on his surname Cassell and it just stuck. lmfao language is wild.

Ass-penny

Barco Fiesta posted:

Doctor: Okay well that'll be $140,000.

Ass-penny

the same doctor, tbh posted:

Get hosed dumbass

Ass-penny

Shifty Nipples posted:

me llamo Shifty Nipples

I hope that's right, I'm a dumb single language speaker

Someone that speaks two languages is called bilingual
Someone that speaks three languages is called trilingual
Someone that speaks one language is called American :911::america:

Ass-penny

Who drinks tea? We drink coca-cola in this family. Or you can call it American champagne, if you want to be :wotwot:

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth posted:

i don't understand movies or tv shows unless they're awkwardly remade by other americans!

are you talking about Wilfred?

Ass-penny

y'all is a great non-gendered plural pronoun and you will respect it.

Ass-penny

more falafel please posted:

yeah this is why I started using it. "you guys" is so endemic to midwestern speech patterns so it's hard to get rid of but y'all is the closest thing, also gently caress prescriptivism

yeah for real. the "you guys" trap is hard to get out of.

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth posted:

what if mad max but people had to drink tiddy milk for some reason! haha thunderdome, guzzoline! i completely get where this series was coming from and there are legit sequels after the one we called road warrior because we didn't know about the first movie for 20 years!

I like Mad Max too, but I don't see what this has to do with Wilfred :shrug: I haven't seen the Aussie version, but the American one has a good looking lady in it, hth

Ass-penny

it's only y'all if it comes from the y'all region of Arkansas, otherwise it's just sparkling ALL OF YOU ALL

Ass-penny

sube posted:

We ruralites share one collective brain cell, unfortunately

Im not a rualite so maybe this thought doesn't mean anything, but I'd imagine people from different rural areas have more in common than people from different cities. maybe it's justy imagination, someone that is better travelled than me should weigh in.

Ass-penny

"did you hear about the shooting?"

"which one?"

Ass-penny

hahaha we live in hell

Ass-penny

Prurient Squid posted:

"the one by the cop"

"which one?"

in the united states we always talk about cops shooting people, but what about all the days they don't shoot people? like in 2021 there were fifteen whole rear end days where police didn't kill anyone at all. what more could we ask for

Ass-penny

"pics you want to share" / talk American crossover material

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Idk what that means but if you come to great nation of australia and desire ice in your hotels then I suggest you prepare for disappointment

no ice? so much for being great, or chosen by god.

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

What do Americans even do with the hotel ice? :psyduck:

what don't we do with hotel ice? it's for drinks, it's for icing our recent gunshot wounds, it's for throwing at children.

Ass-penny

fridge costs extra, the ice is free

Ass-penny

watho posted:

“excuse me could i get some ice for my truck stop boner pills” is an example of a common sentence in american english a cousin's name

Ass-penny

Nosfereefer posted:

australians and brits are already mad, tho

not compared to Americans.

Ass-penny

welp it's Monday, time to spend 5/7ths of my week doing things I don't like with people I hate so I can not starve to death, then I'll spend the rest of the week too drunk to speak so maybe I can forget how much I hate being alive in this god forsaken country

Ass-penny

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Sherbert Hoover posted:

goddammit I ordered a quadruple cheeseburger and they gave me a triple, and the place is 2 blocks away and I'm low on gas. these lazy idiots always gently caress something up and then they ask for $15 an hour

it's a good thing we didn't raise the minimum wage or things would be so expensive right now!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Nosfereefer posted:

constantly asking everyone how they are, despite clearly not caring

Ass-penny

Ass-penny

Ass-penny

as an AMERICAN my Ford F-150 is RUGGED and POWERFUL, and it is exactly the machine I need to DRIVE MY KIDS TO SOCCER PRACCY, and GET GROCERIES FROM THE BOUGIE MARKET

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

Fahrenheit actually makes more sense for judging outside temperature...

water freezes at 32° and boils at like 169° or something man, I dunno, drink this Budweiser

Ass-penny

I always wanted to die young, but now that I can see that the US is going through it's death throes I'm hoping I can live long enough to see this poo poo country destroyed and parcelled off to our neighbors.

Ass-penny

lmao as a Minnesotan I feel so bad for people that live in Duluth during the winter. there are so many loving steep rear end hills.

Ass-penny

I get mad at out of state plate having drivers during rush hour. there's enough loving idiots who live and pay taxes in this state, I don't want to see out of state travellers during my morning/evening commute.

Ass-penny

Prurient Squid posted:

The drugstore.

hold on ma, I need to call the "drugstore" to see if my "prescription" is in.

*calls the plug to get an eight ball*

Ass-penny

please don't call an ambulance 🤙

Ass-penny

more like reach around the aisle! lol gottem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

bring tha motherfuckin ruckus!