Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've had this on my wishlist since forever. It seems more complex than I expected. Thanks for showing it up.

Also, midfield me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That's a big improvement from the first few matches!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

NiftyBottle posted:

I think the issue is we’re gonna sell the one we have, and we need someone between the sticks (non-keepers get a big penalty), and none of the old players are gonna have time to raise as one. So I’m voting take what they give us. Let’s roll the dice and hope we get lucky.

Yeah, this. Whatever position comes from the Academy will be better than what we have right now. Save the Glory.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Do you always have to train youths as GK or can they come pre trained in a position? Training a keeper seems painful. I guess you could always buy one, but that's boring.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Youth Rivalry. We can slot in whatever the academy gives us, and it gives more chances to get a non 0-star player. And get both coaches. Investing more now means getting out of this hellhole of a league earlier.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ouch. It's going to take a while to filter the bad players out, but still, that hurts.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'll always advocate for Youth Rivalry. It gave us a 2-star last time.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Strategic Sage posted:

I would be using it for that at this point, but the main argument against IMO is that we are going to be short on Glory later on. In the long-term it's the most scarce resource, so saving for a rainy day and all that.

I used to play RPGs that way. It doesn't work.

Don't you get more Glory on higher leagues? Anything to get out of this league.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'll always defend Youth Rivalry. Better players will end up giving us better glory at the end of the season, will get us higher up on the league, etc...

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

The base game is 80% off on Steam, by the way. 59% off with the expansions.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Youth rivalry as always for me.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Two youths enter, one leaves. It worked for Bartertown.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Stay the Course

Youth Rivalry

This

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tevery Best posted:

I think that just as well as abandoning the push mid-season if it doesn't work out, we can also switch over to push mode if we have unexpectedly good results on another plan.

Wait a year or two, but keep your eyes open.

This is a good idea

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry, I missed the post somehow. Let's go midfielder and passing.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

We don’t have a huge roster, so let’s go for versatility. MF and Long Pass

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Go, me! This is the Little League finals all over again.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Go team! Great job from the players and the coach!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Strategic Sage posted:

The manager with a current lifetime record (in this LP) of 32-41-71 with a goal differential of -134 is gratified by your support.

That's (barely) more than 50% of not-losses! Good results.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

First Skill Trainable, I think. With that level of giftedness, my punchable is never going to have the numbers to pass reliably, so let's find another way to get the ball forward.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That's a cliffhanger for sure. This is an amazing first (and hopefully last) year in third league. :suspense:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That was amazing. A couple of seasons ago our team was a bunch of drunks from a pub.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Probably Training Time Reduction (assuming there is enough time to level up again to get another trait before the L2 finishes training). My punchable is not going to have big enough numbers, so let's focus on skills.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Quackles posted:

I want to stick with the 'ironclad defense' idea, so let's sign Ebner, the Defender, and hire two Defender Coaches to help him git gud.

For youth work we want Youth Rivalry, as it's majorly paid off so far.

I think we should switch to an Adaptive playing mode. Even if we get beaten up, we really want to avoid relegation just because of the money we can get in the Second League.

This seems like a good plan

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I chose an universal Midfielder to have some versatility, so Second Skill Trainable seems to be the choice.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I wanted to be a generalist, so training Interception seems a good call.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Strategic Sage posted:

Hoping to hear back on this sometime today; if not I'll make the best call I can tomorrow. Also a bit of news that is great for me but not great for the thread. I try to keep this going as much as possible, because participation-style threads can die easily if nothing's going on. That will be less possible for me to do for a while, and if delays are bothersome for anyone, feel free to drop out.

The reason for this is that I've been given an short-term, exciting professional opportunity. There's a non-disclosure agreement in place as is appropriate, so please don't ask for or publicly speculate on specifics, but I will say it's in the general field of game software design. The demands of what I will be doing for the indefinite temporary future mean that this is going on the back burner, strictly on a 'when I have time for it' basis. I hope that means enough time to keep the run going, but if not ... well, you know what they say about what to do when opportunity knocks.

Happy for you, Sage. Congrats!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, finish Talent and then sell me for the (not so) big bucks after picking up Fan Favourite. I hope there will be enough time for that

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think more XP will help given my giftedness, so let's try to make the club more money. Get 5% extra per sponsor, then move to extra money when sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Good time to catch up. Sorry to leave the thread hanging a couple of times, the last two months have been pretty chaotic.

That's an impressive record for the team. Great work, Sage, both playing and in the LP.