Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

What a loving job by Garcia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Man I expected to get bounced in the ALDS but loving Houston. That poo poo sicks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

What a loving job by Garcia

No poo poo. After how shaky he looked toward the end of the season he was really impressive tonight

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Sucks when piece of poo poo human beings have success. It's upsetting.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry mcmagic

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

mcmagic posted:

I saw the Yankees were up as well

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I'm pissed the Yankees are winning too

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Hell of a ride, M's fans. I hope you guys are there next year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

mcmagic I just wanna say that I've always respected your commitment to the bit.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
really looking forward to astros/yankees next week

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Johnny Bravo posted:

really looking forward to astros/yankees next week

I liked it a lot better when it was Cole on the Astros making it two guaranteed wins instead of the other way around

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kirios posted:

No bit. Vile unrepentant cheaters having success is annoying.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

mcmagic posted:

No bit. Vile unrepentant cheaters having success is annoying.

I hear ya. We'll take care of the yanks next week just for you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kolby posted:

I hear ya. We'll take care of the yanks next week just for you

Pretty lovely fanbase too that deserves none of the success they have gotten over the last few years.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
It's statistically impossible for our batting to get any worse. We're due

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hell of a pitchers’ duel, perfectly Mariners way to get to the playoffs and somehow lose that at home when they had a full game’s worth of “next run wins” baseball.

Sigh. Playoffs catharsis, Julio is unreal, this team was fun, postseason baseball came back to the ballpark at the corner of Edgar and Dave. We’ll be back.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Pretty lovely fanbase too that deserves none of the success they have gotten over the last few years.

Agree, Yankee fans have been pretty lucky

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
The Mariners just ended a 21-year post season drought then got swept in a best-of-5 series while somehow playing four games' worth of baseball.

And they did so while losing 1-0, failing to generate any run support behind an absolute gem of a game from a young pitcher.

The most Mariners way ever to lose a postseason series, jesus loving christ.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Held Altuve hitless for the entire series and utterly embarassed him in game 3

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The nuclear Yankee fan meltdowns across the internet are why I will be rooting for the vile unrepentant cheating Astros to beat the Yankees.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The nuclear Yankee fan meltdowns across the internet are why I will be rooting for the vile unrepentant cheating Astros to beat the Yankees.

This guy gets it. We can be your 29th favorite team but never, ever cheer for the Yankees.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thank you, you are a true baseball fan

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Mariners subreddit went private lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

Agree, Yankee fans have been pretty lucky

lol I'm convinced that every astro fan in SAS is the same person because literally all you have when your team is called the cheating racist scum that they are, is "i know you are but what am i" like an 8 year old lol. Every single one of you guys says the same thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man I don’t much like the Astros fanbase myself but I can’t quite process the guy who says nothing but “my team is dogshit” to say another fanbase doesn’t “deserve” success.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

err posted:

lmao

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

err posted:

Yeah that's pretty cringey - feel free to ban trolls but come on that's weaksauce.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

err posted:

They announced they were doing that during like the 12th inning

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Man I don’t much like the Astros fanbase myself but I can’t quite process the guy who says nothing but “my team is dogshit” to say another fanbase doesn’t “deserve” success.

Oh come on friend I thought we made up earlier this year? Why you hating :(

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Cool. Baseball's over for the season. Time to watch Geno be let down by the defense and watch a slightly improved Kraken team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

the weird thing is he's happy to call the yankees dogshit but I've never seen him make those claims about the jets

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

lol I'm convinced that every astro fan in SAS is the same person because literally all you have when your team is called the cheating racist scum that they are, is "i know you are but what am i" like an 8 year old lol. Every single one of you guys says the same thing.

I was following the lead by the others you dummy. You aren't very smart but we all already knew that

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

its all nice on rice posted:

Cool. Baseball's over for the season. Time to watch Geno be let down by the defense and watch a slightly improved Kraken team.

This is a very true statement but man imagine saying that at the start of the season.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kirios posted:

This guy gets it. We can be your 29th favorite team but never, ever cheer for the Yankees.

People say that but I will never forgive those who rooted for Tom Brady against the Seahawks and hold them responsible for the current stage of the NFL

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kirios posted:

Oh come on friend I thought we made up earlier this year? Why you hating :(

I was literally just saying the Yankee fan was being unfair and too much towards you?

Either way if the Yankees make the ALCS (and that’s still very much an if) I’m gonna do my damndest not to post because I just hate the entire toxic nature of both fanbases and myself when I’m sucked into it. That’s not how I want to watch baseball.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kirios posted:

Just wanna remind everyone of this galaxy brain mcmagic post from last week:

mcmagic posted:

Agree that seeing abusers eat poo poo is typically good but not at the benefit of liars, cheaters and thieves.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I was literally just saying the Yankee fan was being unfair and too much towards you?

Either way if the Yankees make the ALCS (and that’s still very much an if) I’m gonna do my damndest not to post because I just hate the entire toxic nature of both fanbases and myself when I’m sucked into it. That’s not how I want to watch baseball.

Tell you what - I promise not to poke at you at all during the ALCS and will instead focus of enraging mcmagic if you at least swing by and say hello. Deal?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

would you rather watch a game go 0-0 in the 18th or deal with toxic fanbases

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Its Rinaldo posted:

People say that but I will never forgive those who rooted for Tom Brady against the Seahawks and hold them responsible for the current stage of the NFL

Wait who would root for tom brady? How bad were the Seahawks?? The pats are the ultimate everyone-hates-them team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm not going to be posting here during the ALCS either if the Yankees make it. Too many Astros shitheads in here and the Yankees are overwhelming likely to lose.