Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ not being on 3rd base. Come on Bader.

Seems way too easy to get doubled up there to risk it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

A guy gets a clutch hit in the postseason in his home stadium and celebrates in the moment, harming precisely no one other than the pitcher’s eggshell-thin ego.

I’m certainly not going to fault him for it but I’m absolutely going to laugh at Cole and the Yankee fanbase for getting so self-righteous and indignant about it.

I think the counter backlash is silly. The dude directly taunted Cole. What’s Cole gonna do? Be happy? All he said was “that’s cute”. And Naylor seemed to directly resurrect an old Yankee Stadium taunt. So what do you expect to happen in Yankee Stqdium.

I get it. The Yankees and their fanbase can do no right. But it’s two sides taunting each other and we know who started it. So who cares? It’s all just dumb harmless poo poo talking. If you’re gonna start that you better be ready to get it back.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 18, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MJeff posted:

Seems way too easy to get doubled up there to risk it.

He slid, he would've been doubled off anyway if the ball was caught.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

uh oh torres struck out time for a mcmeltdown about a game the yankees are handily winning

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Oooof. Terrible ABs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

uh oh torres struck out time for a mcmeltdown about a game the yankees are handily winning

mcmagic posted:

Oooof. Terrible ABs.

:laugh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

good season guardians. even cut short at the alds it's a nice reward for changing the racist name given what they were expected to do this season. oh man the alcs is going to be tense. pickup night for me so not gonna finish watching the game

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
eh

Popete fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 18, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Put this in the Louve.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I’d hardly call that a meltdown

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yanks still have an overworked piecemeal bullpen so nothing is hardly finished.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Put this in the Louve.

That's a meltdown? lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gerblederp posted:

I’d hardly call that a meltdown

Yeah I agree I've seen much worse

Didn't even call him a garbage player

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Defensive replacement IKF lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m still hoping for some late-game chaos magic

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

If I were the Cleveland Guardians I would simply score more runs than my opponent, thus winning the game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Quality swinging bunt.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Gerblederp posted:

If I were the Cleveland Guardians I would simply score more runs than my opponent, thus winning the game.

At least a couple more runs so the ninth is interesting

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Man Straw has been garbage this series. This game is over

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

MrMidnight posted:

Man Straw has been garbage this series. This game is over

Straw has always been bad-to-middling. He’s an average defender who makes the occasional great catch and got most of his early use with Houston as an admittedly very fast pinch-runner.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
God I hate Aaron Judge

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Why isn't Clase in? Tito really just doesn't give a gently caress

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was a weird play.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

That was really weird. Shouldn't that have been the infield fly rule?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Komet posted:

That was really weird. Shouldn't that have been the infield fly rule?

Only if there’s runners on 1st and second so the fielder can’t force a double play. That’s just a fielders choice type play.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It's a good play to try once in a while just in case the hitter is hot dogging to first so you can get a double play out of it.

In this case, having Rizzo on 1st instead of Judge is a decent enough trade.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I can't wait till Donaldson is gone, he's just such an insufferable rear end in a top hat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

I can't wait till Donaldson is gone, he's just such an insufferable rear end in a top hat

If he was good you wouldn't care but he's not lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

If he was good you wouldn't care but he's not lol

Chapman wasn't always awful and I hated him too

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trying to get 6 outs out of Holmes huh?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Chapman wasn't always awful and I hated him too

There is a difference between being an rear end in a top hat and being an abuser though. And Chapman did nothing as a Yankee but blow big games too.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Boring and predictable game

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Did Costas just say the Yankees haven't won the World Series since the Joe Torre 3 peat or did I have a stroke?

It's been a while Bob but not that long.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Costas just acknowledge the Yankees went to the WS in 2009 but then followed it up with "they haven't won since Torres teams did the three peat"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bob has lost about 50 MPH off his fastball.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MrMidnight posted:

Boring and predictable game

At least the Cubs made Cleveland losing a winner-take-all game interesting

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

lmao Costas with the damage control.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SMH at you guys who don't watch Baseball games 95% muted.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope we get Bob for the ALCS, this is fun. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Judge on deck, the sellout crowd would like to see him hit, no matter the score."

I.....don't think that's necessarily true, Bob.