Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
lol like im not signing up for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Hello darkness, my old friend.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

b-minus1 posted:

Nope. I’m town

Well we're done here, thank you - goodnight!

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Lotus Aura posted:

On the one hand, this being MSRR's last post so far is pretty funny

On the other hand, wonder what'll happen if I ##vote MSRR

Probably less than you'd expect.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I shoulda come up with a gimmick for this.

Is it too late to try to come up with a gimmick?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I dunno who scum yet but this

Doesn't feel like scum b

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
also Illusionis where u at?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Even not having played that much with Hal, the reputation for being excellent as lurking scum precedes then.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
*them.

Phone posting, whee.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Hey wolo, do you take requests?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

wologar posted:

I don't think you're really trying. What, pray tell, are you implying?

I mean it's D1, you know how this works with me by now. I'll get my rear end in gear D2 or D3 or something, assuming I don't get waxed in the meantime.

wologar posted:

I ain't no collaborator; I am the partisan.
Rebel in the rocks with dirty trousers, broken pistol in the hand.

I will say one thing, though. I asked recently if there were many examples of people playing scum games with a heavy posting gimmick, and I was told no, typically scum don't lean into gimmick posting too hard.

I would put money on either Cloaca or wolo here being the ones to break that trend. Just sayin'.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

WindwardAway posted:

What specifically are your thoughts on Clo and wolo, do you find that they're hard to read when they post in a gimmick? Or is it that you think they're making themselves hard to read on purpose (as scum)?

None yet; it's D1, and as referenced above I don't really see a lot of value in reading too hard until we have a flip of some fashion.

I agree in general that yes, scum could use a gimmick to make themselves harder to read - the reasoning behind why it seems to be infrequent here on SA is that using a gimmick tends to draw attention to the poster, which is generally viewed as non-scummy behavior. It benefits scum to avoid standing out; to hang in the background, lurk, be quiet, etc. etc.

Cloaca I've had a blind spot on before, in Stellaris 2, where she was good scum with a fun, lightly-applied gimmick. wolo goes so hard on his gimmicks that it's hard not to appreciate them.

Again, not saying either are scum here in this game yet. Genuinely just a friendly reminder about bias.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

wologar posted:

I'm just sayin', I'm just sayin' that I don't need to spend a dime
'Cause that same thing was said by scum last time.

Being fair, I'm pretty sure I've either called you scum or tried to get you killed in literally every game we've played in.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

WindwardAway posted:

OK, thanks for your thoughts.

Any time, and same. :)

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

MSRR, who scum?

Again, it's D1, I really don't know - I'm not 100% unhappy about the concept of voting for Iggy, though (sorry bud, your posts just feel a little off to me so far this game).

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I don't understand the logic around here when it comes to not having a read.

"Hey MSRR, is X scum?"
"I don't know."
"FEELS SUS TO ME"

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

WindwardAway posted:

in all honesty i still havent figured out how to view player postcount in the thread, but im not exactly convinced it's relevant enough that i need to know

A pictorial guide for future reference:

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
.... I realize now I forgot to mention: click that to get the detailed post count for the thread.

Context.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Monathin posted:

Conversely, while I'm entertaining ALL options, if Meen does flip scum then Bif, Clo, MSRR and HCT look a lot worse for it.

How exactly do you figure that one, chief?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Monathin posted:

You say you're feeling good about an Iggy vote but then didn't place a vote anywhere as a point of confidence. If he's scum the easy thing to do to fly under the radar would be to support your scumbud's vote you can't stop but not place a vote to help doom them.

So... what, you want me to hammer to make you feel better? Because generally I agree with your line of logic here:

Monathin posted:

Hi, I'm here. I can hammer as needed but we've got 3 hours to go and I'd like to do some last minute post analysis before I actually commit to a vote. We've still got 3 hours before deadline.

Early hammering has gotten me screwed before - I don't joke vote and I don't vote until I'm good and ready to, particularly if I'm not convinced someone is scum.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Monathin posted:

IME votes swinging during the last hour is rarely scum and usually townies being stupid and second-guessing themselves

Anybody else who played in Stellaris II wanna join me in disagreeing with that sentiment?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Lotus is putting in effort I wouldn't associate with scum, I'm not really feeling Illusionis yet, and I liked Iggy's defense post.

I'm not sure I like voting for any of the three above tbh, but I feel like I'm still more willing to lean Iggy now that we're getting close to the wire.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Eh, gently caress it

##vote Ignatius M. Meen

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Someone wanna clue me in on what's weird about me voting for the person I said I would vote for?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Huh.

Well, anyway, as I was saying yesterday:

Hal Insandenza posted:

oh well that's weird

You two wanna tell me why me voting for the person I said I'd vote for - and not the person who turned out to be town - is weird?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Monathin posted:

Oh and as I'm writing this there's MSSR hi buddy

waddup bud

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Monathin posted:

nm nm just doing my due diligence

werd - we've got two flips so that's enough to start building suspicions off of, but I'm not sure I'll have enough to put together a full-length Case Post until later.

I'm still looking Iggy's way atm - who's at the top of your hit list?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Lotus Aura posted:

Should be pretty obvious. When one person is at -1 and instead you opt to put someone else at -1 that looks bad in the moment no matter what. Yes, it was consistent with what you said before, but if Illu was actually scum or if HCT opted to vote Meen instead (and he flipped town) then your vote immediately looks much, much worse.

.... sorry, still doesn't make any sense to me. Like, legitimately not trying to be a dick here, I just don't understand how "being consistent in their convictions" makes someone more sus.

I, personally, would look at someone saying "I'd rather vote for XXXX" several times suddenly swapping their vote to YYYY when there's a decent chance XXXX could be voted off as way more suspicious.

Not that anyone did anything like that when it came to voting Illusionis over Iggy. Nope, not at all.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

with a late honorable mention to MSRR as I think while yes, he did sus me all day, yes, he is consistent with his reads, the fact that he'd been sitting back for most of D1 before the last hours of deadline feels convenient

Seriously though, find a D1 of mine where I haven't avoided strenuous posting like it was the plague. Opop's CYOR doesn't count. :P

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Sorry, Iggy, but I'm not buying it. Your clearing of HCT as town makes things smell even more fishy.

You and Monathin like people putting down votes as a sign of confidence?

##vote Ignatius M. Meen

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Anybody want to cop to being a roleblocker, by any chance?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Is it still really fishing if I just outright ask, though?

also where are the song lyrics, wolo >:(

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

wologar posted:

Bif is dead. Music is dead.

the N1 the music died :(

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
##vote Lotus Aura

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

wologar posted:

ReReg, where you at?

Yeah, I'm here, been a long couple of days personally.

I don't care about voting LA anymore and I'm still suspicious of Iggy, but also now Hal. It feels like one of the two has to be scum, so I say we kill one today and kill the next tomorrow if the flip goes wrong.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hmmmm this is a bad post

Hal does not like posts where someone casts suspicion against them, but refuses to elaborate why.

Gotcha.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Here comes your scum attempt at a vote swing, gang.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
"I can go back to voting for the person I've been saying is sus since the start of the game, or this other person is acting scummy as well so I'm ok voting them."

"FEELS SUS"

Like..... if you aren't scum wtf is wrong with all of you?

Someone in this knot is lying, and I know that for a fact. And atm it feels more like Hal.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hal Insandenza posted:

You don’t even want to know how I feel about this post

Actually Hal I [i]do[/] want to know how you feel about that post.

It's real easy to waltz in, quote someone, go "boy that post stinks, don't it gang?" without actually prociding reasoning.

Try giving us some substance instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

wologar posted:

Even so, I think Hal looks better out of Meen/Hal feud.

So why the gently caress are you voting me for saying I would vote either of these two people??