Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tonight we make nachos and watch many horror movies

but first some outdoor time and feeding feral cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

just got home from a gig playing bass guitar at a filipino bar

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

took part in the balut eating contest too but i chewed too slow and came in last place

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

fart simpson posted:

took part in the balut eating contest too but i chewed too slow and came in last place

you gotta relax the jaw. like a duck

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

someone else had a feather sticking out of their mouth and had to slurp it in lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

had to cancel my plans for today 'cos the bus to town isn't running, apparently. i hate car but i miss having that freedom

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

“balut eating contest” is a guaranteed way to keep me from being somewhere, it’s like “youth pastor” or “crypto meetup”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

qirex posted:

“balut eating contest” is a guaranteed way to keep me from being somewhere, it’s like “youth pastor” or “crypto meetup”

asia?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

fart simpson posted:

someone else had a feather sticking out of their mouth and had to slurp it in lol

lol what are those even edible?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

lol what are those even edible?

in the same way that hair and fingernails are edible. sure

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

most of asia doesn’t have those on the reg, even in the parts where people eat balut

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

in the same way that hair and fingernails are edible. sure

hahaha thats what i was thinking too. eugh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

I guess I have a kitten now. happy caturday

New Cat Week just refuses to end

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Beeftweeter posted:

hahaha thats what i was thinking too. eugh

it tastes totally fine tbh

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

it tastes totally fine tbh

tickles on the way out though

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

blast, i was considering that china avatar but fart simpson beat me to it

speaking as an avid fan of stinky tofu, balut is a bridge too far for me. more power to fart though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dioxazine posted:

balut is a bridge too far for me. more power to fart though

interesting. more than, say, chickpeas?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

I guess I have a kitten now. happy caturday
congrats!
https://twitter.com/weirdlilguys/status/1586386054185205760

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

costco report: still no onion grinder :-(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

friends who moved away are back in town this weekend for a nerd convention; i'm skipping the con but seeing them for dinner.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

Is that a device or a sandwich?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rotor posted:

last time all they had was ketchup and mustard like give me my $1.50 back costco wtf

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
took the kids to a stem camp this morning ($15 ea for five hours hell yeah), mowed/bagged all the leaves in the front, lunch date with the wife, we picked up the kids, then I got to work on what the hell to do with this:

footer, 5x studs rotted out, even the cladding because they put some loving osb in the corner there for some reason. POs didn’t keep up with window caulking and here we are. already replaced the windows in 2020 so this all occurred before then.

pumpkin carving with the kids after dinner. but first, enjoying the foliage on our local converted railway.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 29, 2022

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bought a bunch of dry ice for the party

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
starting five pounds of onions for french onion soup

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
gently caress it, it’s fire time

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Getting my place ready for my couch to be delivered this afternoon, and during that process got a notice from the framers that the Audrey Kawasaki print I'd sent them was ready. So I headed down there, picked it up, and I have finally filled the one blank spot in the walls of my office area.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

tk posted:

Is that a device or a sandwich?
device cranked to chop onions on a sandwich (i.e. hot dog)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

"I've seen customers order 2 hot dogs and ask for 8 sauerkrauts and then go fill their soda cups with onions to take home," they said.

mystery solved

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
rotor refers to this crank chopper as a grinder, as it was a popular form of cranked musical entertainment involving hatted monkeys when he was a young man

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

who was posting about their coworker who would go to a restaurant and ask for water and get a bunch of lemon slices from the salad bar and combine it with 5 sugar packets at the table to make cheapass lemonade, and as a result would get really pissed off when the waitress came back and refilled their "water"?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

nothing to do this weekend. nobody to see, no events to attend, no commitments.

ordered a very mediocre pizza, and now vegging out in front of random youtubes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my onions are cooking down nicely

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

page 3 is the onion page

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

devmd01 posted:

gently caress it, it’s fire time

hell yea might do the same

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
it’s a lovely fall evening for a fire

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm boing and I don't go to parties

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Kenny Logins posted:

device cranked to chop onions on a sandwich (i.e. hot dog)

That does sound pretty useful.

I was really hoping it was an onion sandwich though.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hmm. three-breasted woman from total recall is my funniest costume idea but we're pretty close to go time and i haven't taken any steps toward it, so i may be stuck with bram stoker's dracula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

on the plus side, i finished the script for my next comic. sneak peek:

after months of procrastination, i have pencil on paper. first page lookin pretty good so far