Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

signed up. first year being in on this :)

the figuring-out-a-gift-for-my-santee part makes me a little nervous, admittedly

(e) wait poo poo was i supposed to put stuff i'd like in the Comments field on the form?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm having a lot of trouble coming up with stuff i like - at least stuff that doesn't ultimately devolve into "video games that i'll buy for myself anyway" - but i'll try to put down some ideas for gifts & what interests i can think of. will edit later

- love me some pinball
- career c++ programming; interested in learning Rust
- new clothes*, especially for <50-60F weather - US sizes large/xl for shirts, size 12-14, ish, for pants (will provide measurements if requested. god clothes-shopping is farcical sometimes...)
- anything to do with Outer Wilds
- weed paraphernalia, especially stuff for dabbing concentrates
- anything that helps my adhd rear end keep organized & not lose things

* good luck shopping for a barrel-shaped transwoman lol (i'd be all the more pleased for the attempt, but, y'know)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 7, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lmao

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm really not great at picking gifts for others lol. i guess i knew that but i sorta wish i'd thought of it when i signed up

that said i think i've got something good, though i don't think I trust myself to (re)package it safely & I dread it being torn up in transit, so i may just have it shipped direct to my santee. feels kinda lame of me to do that tho :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

@Fuzzy you want the proof of shipping by PM, or email to the address I got my assignment from? or either/or

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Got a couple boxes of sweet swag from Achmed Jones today

in no particular order:
- two books, one a pinball graphic history and the other a sci-fi RPG book
- an Outer Wilds sticker hidden in the RPG book
- bags of candy (Mazapan, Pulparindo hard candy, and Andes chocolates)
- holiday card feat. Alaskan poodles
- a "Blackbeard flag"
- a laser pointer from ~'95 and a VGA-HDMI adapter (which will, ironically, be kinda handy at the office for those goddam WinCE6 machines I keep bitching about :v:)
- a couple caps; the orange one's super comfy & warm, with bonus appropriate acronym :j:
- a freaking ham radio set; there's my plans for the weekend, I'd say!

Huge thanks to you & the rest of the Jones crew! Happy Holidays ❤️

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

Happy Yosmas Ciaphas! I am somewhat _worried_ that you actually have a use for that adapter - if you also manage to do something productive with the laser pointer I'll be _worried_.

c h a l l e n g e
 a c c e p t e d

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

obeyasia posted:

Thank you secret goondah. I got it framed ASAP.

https://imgur.com/z0AlYwM

i have no idea now if i ever put my forums name on the order lmao

anyway glad you like it :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i love this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

born on a buy you posted:

the sick burn of making me a white knight is brutal