Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo has released quite a few very excellent sport games throughout the years.

I think the most famous was simply: Wii Sports.

They also came out with Wii Sports Resort, which I've never played.

And apparently also Switch Sports, which I hadn't even heard of until I was looking for pictures for this thread.

Wii Sports was really great. It was a game the entire family could and wanted to play. At least mine did. Even grandparents could hop in on the fun.
The controls didn't always register your movements very well, but I think Nintendo really hit it out of the park with this one.

Then you also have all the Mario sports.

Mario Tennis for the N64 and Mario Power Tennis for the GameCube were simply amazing, and they gave us Waluigi, Nintendo's most hated character.

I also used to play a bit of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour for the GameCube, another pretty fun game.

If NASCAR qualifies as a sport, then so does Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing, but I guess that can be another post.

Their playing cards may also qualify as a sport.

Post ITT your favorite Nintendo sport games or about how you were deprived as a kid a childhood and only had a Sega Genesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
If it wasn't illegal, when I was younger and had lots of time but no money I might have considered emulating snes and GBA games on my PC. As a nerdy kid im sure I would have had a real soft spot for whichever Mario Tennis was on the GBA. It would have been a bit weird to be playing mario tennis as just some dude but Id have loved the RPG elements OP. Or I mean I would have. If it happened.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this game was the poo poo. sadly last time i played it i had forgotten all the sweet strats i had worked out as a kid, aside from the first few easy courses.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I never played Kirby's dream course... should get on that...

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

easily the best kirby game, no i will not be checking my replies

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Kirby's Dream Course ruled, I rented that game so many times as a kid. Unfortunately it's really only great as a 2 player game and no one I know knows how to play it.

Mario Strikers (soccer) and Mario baseball on gamecube were also great.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
mario tennis is the single greatest sports video game of all time

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I've been having a ton of fun with Mario Golf: SuperRush for the Switch lately. Battle Golf is absolutely insane and a good time for a party game.

Also not a intendo property, but Golf Story is one of my favorite games ever and you should buy it if you get achance.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Vargo posted:

I've been having a ton of fun with Mario Golf: SuperRush for the Switch lately. Battle Golf is absolutely insane and a good time for a party game.

Also not a intendo property, but Golf Story is one of my favorite games ever and you should buy it if you get achance.

Oh sweet, I actually needed some more party games for my Switch! Thanks for the tip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

this game was the poo poo. sadly last time i played it i had forgotten all the sweet strats i had worked out as a kid, aside from the first few easy courses.

A stunningly underappreciated title that belongs in the Mario Kart / Bomberman tier of snes multiplayers

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 28, 2023