Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Man, somebody ought to organize these disaffected veterans. Give them some sense of purpose.

Any beerhalls in Ukraine?

It's called the Freikorps, OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/SputnikInt/status/1781377303559197132

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Rip Texas

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

He was always interesting in videos.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hedenius posted:

In related news: Ukrainian news sources switched to only using Ukrainian since the invasion except it turned out that a lot of Ukrainians don’t speak it so they get all their news from Telegram instead. Oops!

https://x.com/leonidragozin/status/1781248915699876266?s=46&t=mzWS2vgSInnU9jlt8C3n_Q

Oh no! Now how are they going to counter Russian disinformation about how discriminatory their government is? :ohdear:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Virgil...

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mtg ftw

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

KomradeX posted:

Wasn't the idea that the Javelin wouldn't need a larger warhead because it was going to attack the thinner top armor?

The story of every Western innovation for the last decades is "we don't need X because of Y" except Y doesn't work, wasn't implemented, or was never part of the actual design.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Sanlav posted:

The CFR report is so ideological at this point. They did an accounting of the war in february that amounts to fantasy. They list all these appropriations of arms without counts or delivery involved. It's a sliver of a sliver of the overal package, only a portion got to Ukraine, all of it is nearly spent, and whats on the way in no way meets their needs. Yet they conclude we're doing the best, bang up job ever in supporting a war effort and a teensy bit more will slay Ruussia.

Mearshimer had a debate with Dobriansky last week that was just abysmal. Every talking point she made was this wishful thinking. She keeps countering every material weakness on the ground with "but we could send more and close that gap" ignoring the material realities abound.

There is no time, there is no productive capactiy, wishing and hoping time is long gone. If they need 5 million 155mm shells a year to fight Russia, either we deliver 5 million shells now or face the music. There's no tomorrow, but our official policy planning has no urgency. They are looking at it as a long term stalemate still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdtCyiKHtqE

Oh man this was as bad as I thought it'd be

The pro-funding side is just the same old talking points, appeals to western "values" that I already know are discarded at the slightest inconvenience. It doesn't help that the event was sponsored by the Council of Foreign Relations lmao and it shows with the audience.

I'm about 2/3rds through but tbh I don't think Mearsheimer is doing that great a job and his partner definitely isn't. Kind of what I was talking about earlier, his approach is ultimately still pro-US and thus still limited. Both are still miles ahead of the pro funding side - those two women barely seem to be paying attention to developments in the war, not even on a month to month basis let alone daily like we do in this topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

mearsheimer does have the advantage of having called this conflict spinning out of control since 2016 or something