Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
IK EDIT: Looks like this OP somehow left out the most important thread rule, which is -- do not do bloodlust and do not post graphic death/violence in this thread. There is plenty of horrible content about this war on nearly every form of social media and news; there is no need to curate it in this thread, period. If you post something that other posters feel crossed the line, do not argue, do not double down even if you don't personally agree. Just stop doing it and move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLU3oG_ePhM

Welcome to the CSPAM Ukraine/Russia War thread! We’re delighted that you have decided to shitpost with us about the ongoing conflict that well may lead to the extinction of all life on Earth. Here are a few things you should know before you make the horrible, horrible mistake of posting here:

• 1.a.a -- Do not personally blow up the Nova Kakhovka dam.

• 1.a.b -- Do not nuke England. (based on in-thread feedback, this rule has been stricken. Nuking England is now encouraged)

• 8===1.D -- stfu enjoy

• :siren:If you haven't already, read Jeffrey and Azathoth's posts in the QCS thread.:siren: I would not advise reading the rest of the thread; it starts off good and then veers off into a shitshow, but it's your eyes and brain, I can't stop you.

• All the usual CSPAM rules apply ITT.

• This is a CSPAM THREAD about the war in Ukraine (and, more broadly, former Soviet Union stuff). While people are welcome and even encouraged to post long, thoughtful effortposts about the conflict, they should not expect effort to necessarily be met with effort. Nor should they expect the level of decorum that they’d usually see in a DnD thread. So you may be called names, have your posts met with “tl;dr,” or be outright ignored (the worst of all possible fates). If you can handle that and still think posting here would be fun, then you’re welcome, and I'm sorry that whatever happened to you early in life made you this way! You're in good company, though!

• :siren:We will not allow posting about the GBS, DnD, GIP, YOSPOS, or other U/R threads on the Something Awful Forums.:siren: Going forward, complaining about the other threads’ posters or mods will earn you some time off, the amount of time depending on how annoyingly you do it and what your rap sheet looks like.

• Conversely, do not come into this thread accusing its regulars of being Nazis, tankies, genocide apologists, or anything like that. If there are any posts you find particularly offensive, report them and/or PM me or another mod/admin. We will take your complaints seriously.

• :siren:There is also going to be an indefinite moratorium on SYQs from other posters on the forums.:siren: SYQs sourced from Reddit, Twitter, or anywhere else that’s not the Something Awful Forums are still fair game.

• As was the case with this thread’s previous incarnation, we do not allow any bloodlust here. Don't call for the deaths of civilians, don't sound off about a massacre or a bombing being a false flag unless you have proof, don't post gore, do not try to justify or minimize Russia's outright kidnapping of Ukrainian children, etc etc. mlmp08 is no longer allowed to be a whiny bitch itt. The previous thread got a lot better about this in its last several months, and I appreciate it immensely. Unfortunately, a handful of CSPAM regulars in QCS really hosed the pooch and that's why they got banned. So let's make this thread more like the old thread in its final months and less like the QCS thread.

• Do not post anything bigoted towards any ethnicity ITT. That includes Ukrainians, Russians, Roma, Jews, etc, etc. If you want to talk about the far right in Ukraine, talk about the far right in Ukraine; don't say, "Ukrainians are all Nazis" or anything like that.

:siren:Here are some anonymized examples of how not to post. Consider this a row of heads on spikes, with a big banner over them that reads "DO NOT POST LIKE THIS!":

quote:

even calling it the holodomor without ironic quotes is pretty offensive and platforms nazis tbh

quote:

This is the fundamental imbalance. I read a post like "Russia is kidnapping children" and I think that poster is dumb or has been lied to. I post "I think the US shouldn't give war materiel to Ukraine" and people post that I'm a Russian plant here to subvert their holy posting battlefield and for that I should die.

quote:

Russian war crimes are as real as the Ghost of Kiev

quote:

D&D is the nazi forum, for nazis, run by nazis.

quote:

It is really too bad that the president of their home country deliberately exposed them to danger by not telling the parents to leave with their children (or warning anyone) despite knowing of the invasion in advance. Ah well, nevertheless :pressf:

If you would like to complain about any of this, you can PM me or one of the other mods/admins, but we're not going to allow meta discussions ITT for now. Keep it strictly to discussions about the war and related geopolitical issues.

If any of this makes you feel like you don't want to post in this incarnation of the thread, I'm sorry to hear that but I understand. No hard feelings on my end.

Here’s the link to the old thread.

If anyone wants to highlight any of the best posts from the previous thread, or has helpful links that they would like to highlight, let me know and I’ll add them in a post below.

Reading list:
-Sexy orc romance.

Somebody has issued a correction as of 12:22 on Sep 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Good posts will go here as people suggest them. In the meantime, enjoy some feet:

MAPS:

https://twitter.com/femalekissinger/status/1587900625509310464

DIAGRAMS:

TWEETS:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1587569238918811650

Majorian has issued a correction as of 21:38 on Nov 5, 2022

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
:gas:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgdxKgxJyuw

ground floor

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1588252169966338048?s=20&t=msvTMbzTu_9ub9RMDIjxXw

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am extremely proud to have contributed the official thread title

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

didn't read

**Thanks for all you do Majorian, I'm not afraid to say that our Mods do excellent work and this thread will be better off going forward!

Starsfan has issued a correction as of 23:12 on Nov 3, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://youtu.be/01-2pNCZiNk

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
First post

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

You should be. Nothing screams "CSPAM Russia/Ukraine thread" like your post.:hai:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Starsfan posted:

didn't read

That's fine, I let my cats walk all over the keyboard and just posted what they came up with.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
first page post

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1588231372954603520

🤔

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

war is bad, folks. don't do war.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
gahahahah waifu. goons are truly epic. gas this pathetic thread

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the war is still going on?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

First page

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
thank god the thread's back, i've been sweating like a collaborator in kherson.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Not even close, buddy

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/witte_sergei/status/1587503755066757120

quote:

Director of foreign/defense @AEI
, author of Safe Passage, contributing writer at The Atlantic and War on the Rocks. Californian. RT = said better than I could.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Goddamn I was worried I'd never be able to hug or kiss Putin or deny genocides again

Did Ukraine invade Kherson when Russia was weakest (without our support obviously)?

Editing to say this is extremely tongue in cheek just in case but this thread is the source of all my news/propaganda so were there any movements actually?

Paramemetic has issued a correction as of 23:20 on Nov 3, 2022

euthy
Sep 26, 2007

May you and your family live without suffering, but for the rest... Thanks for not breeding VHEMT
Grimey Drawer
I liked the old thread better

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
sup

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

She's one of the absolute dumbest pieces of garbage in foreign policy. Someone who to this day insists that John McCain was correct on everything.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
G7 countries + Australia (basically america- western Europe -Japan) officially adopt price caps on Russian gas and oil

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588279795489439745?s=46&t=AL2Tlynnt40aOqWz6AfWfg

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Thank goodness that I can now return to my habit of rapidly skimming through the hundreds of daily posts here looking to see if anything actually significant has happened in the war.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i will never post joe bidens feet

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

BONGHITZ posted:

the war is still going on?

hahaha

Jose Mengelez posted:

thank god the thread's back, i've been sweating like a collaborator in kherson.

hahahah HAHAHA

Al-Saqr posted:

'tis an incredibly epic post my dude. you shold be proud. Waifu hahahahahahahahahaha

Everyone who posts here should be ashamed of themselves. it loving stinks like feet and cumjars. i am looking at you all with utmost disgust

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
finally, civility

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Pistol_Pete posted:

Thank goodness that I can now return to my habit of rapidly skimming through the hundreds of daily posts here looking to see if anything actually significant has happened in the war.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ground floor in an epic thread

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Pistol_Pete posted:

glad I'm not the only one

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
This thread will be shut down, and multiple posters banned.

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

I SHOULD FUCK OFF BACK TO C-SPAM
is this where we're doing the fascism?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gound floor

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's not a war, it's a murder

It's not a war, it's a moida

Danann