Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ChubbyChecker posted:

imo, genocides are bad

I guess it depends on who you ask

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I don't give a poo poo what happens to me, this has to be said:

Beat peanut butter, butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar until dough is stiff, firm, and dry with no lumps; you may need up to 2 cups more sifted confectioners' sugar.
Roll dough into about sixty 1-inch balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheets. Press a toothpick into the top of each ball and chill in the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
Place chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until melted and smooth.
Hold the toothpicks and dip frozen peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate, leaving a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top. Return to the cookie sheet, remove and discard the toothpicks, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

There, I said it. And if you don't loving like it then you probably have some kind of peanut allergy or chocolate allergy or you just hate fun. WE LIKE TO HAVE FUN HERE AND IF I'M WRONG THEN I'LL EAT A SIXER

PS - can my probation reason be "Dogs may love you because you're crazy sniffable, but you can't post that poo poo here" Thanks in advance

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I ignored all Ukraine news for the last month, the only thing I checked was if a nuke got dropped. Are there still significant advances? Apparently some US General said it'll be a long war, so whatever I'm not sure if I even wanna know.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

busalover posted:

I ignored all Ukraine news for the last month, the only thing I checked was if a nuke got dropped. Are there still significant advances? Apparently some US General said it'll be a long war, so whatever I'm not sure if I even wanna know.

Yeah the Ukranians are beating the russians back pretty well while the russians send elderly minorities to the front. The mods here are Pro-genocide fascists though so it's hard to have a good discussion. KitConstantine doesn't like people being excited about stopping mass murder-rape. Apparently there are pros and cons to it we must respect.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

War. War never changes. Except for when you’re watching this one soldier suck the other off in the battlefield in 1080p HD and then the drone the camera is attached to remotely drops a grenade on them and blows them to gently caress. Then I guess you could say war is probably a bit different now than it was back in the day, y’know?

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I think you will find that Ukraine is bad actually

https://mobile.twitter.com/theonion/status/1560695628497297408

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

busalover posted:

Russia is still pretty much a pariah state to the entire West, but one thing seems to have gone back to normal (or at least, less strained): US/Russia cooperation on the International Space Station. Yes, Rogozin was saying all sorts of crazy things about splitting the station and letting the US side fall to Earth, but he was removed from being head of Roscosmos in July, and cooler heads have been prevailing since then. In fact, in the last six weeks or so, an American astronaut rode to the station in a Soyuz spacecraft, and a Russian cosmonaut went up in a Dragon.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

busalover posted:

Very roughly? Ukraine has taken back a lot of land up in the north east, and some smaller but important chunks on the way to Kherson (which is one of the entry points to Crimea, but the city is on a very defensible river). Russia has tried hard to do something roughly in the middle of the Eastern frontline (by Bakhmut), but nothing has really come of it. It's been a bit more quiet recently, probably for mud and weather reasons.

Over in Russia, they did a very messy mobilisation, and sent whoever was unfortunate enough to get picked up to the front with very little training or gear; the mood among the people in power (and/or on TV) over there seems to have turned to blaming each other for things going badly, more than pretending that everyting is going great.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

is it weird that i'm pro people but anti war? i think someone needs to get both sides in a room and just work it out.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

There's also a lot of pro-UA accounts saying it's a trick and the Russians aren't actually withdrawing from Kherson for real

https://twitter.com/CforCD/status/1588230921655930880

I did read a passage a few days ago from a Kherson local (which I can't find now) saying Russian soldiers told her they're withdrawing on the 4th, so maybe something will happen tomorrow

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

War: what is it good for?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Came for the Putin trashing, coming for the tanks.

gently caress that guy, I wonder how isolated he's feeling right now.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

ArmZ posted:

This thread in the goldmine OP

Also maybe this:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Powered Descent posted:

Russia is still pretty much a pariah state to the entire West, but one thing seems to have gone back to normal (or at least, less strained): US/Russia cooperation on the International Space Station. Yes, Rogozin was saying all sorts of crazy things about splitting the station and letting the US side fall to Earth, but he was removed from being head of Roscosmos in July, and cooler heads have been prevailing since then. In fact, in the last six weeks or so, an American astronaut rode to the station in a Soyuz spacecraft, and a Russian cosmonaut went up in a Dragon.

That's good to hear.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Computer viking posted:

the mood among the people in power (and/or on TV) over there seems to have turned to blaming each other for things going badly, more than pretending that everyting is going great.

The only slapfighting worth posting about in this thread.

It ain't gonna happen, but I hope there's a Russian propagandist fistfight on video at some point as they each start blaming the other person's favored general.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Jillian poo poo posted:

War. War never changes. Except for when you’re watching this one soldier suck the other off in the battlefield in 1080p HD and then the drone the camera is attached to remotely drops a grenade on them and blows them to gently caress. Then I guess you could say war is probably a bit different now than it was back in the day, y’know?

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard of guys getting blatted by a drone while getting dirty like that, I'd have two nickels. Kinda odd it happened twice though.

This is a totally serious post. Not even joking.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
War, never been so much fun!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ArmZ posted:

absolutely nothing

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I am wary of russians leaving cities undestroyed, it's not their usual modus operandi and their spite runs deep. :ukraine:

Happy to see the thread back.

C.C.C.P. ≠ Russia

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I need maps. Always maps. More maps.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

busalover posted:

No major movement since the push in early October, (which eas similar to the September push), at least since yesterday I haven't checked today, but lots of Russian casualties, avging over 500/day I'd guess in the last 5 days - that's really drat high, 10% of WW1 totals, for everyone, combined.
so they're sending the conscripts on suicide missions, lots of probing attacks that lead nowhere.

MarcusSA posted:

I guess it depends on who you ask

I'm begging you, please don't start doing this, it will ruin the thread.
Any people who're still angry about anything, anything at all, please let things go for a bit, give the mods n all them's new effort to not let problems happen a chance, and if they're still happening outside this thread, then say something
Not itt tho, this thread is for the war in Ukraine (I'm pretty sure you can call out bad behavior itt, itt, but if it's immediately obvious, reporting prolly better for the thread rhythm )

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I need maps. Always maps. More maps.

That old "Lost in the catacombs" post, but instead of the skeleton asking if you've tried LSD, it's a Ukraine thread poster asking "HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE NEWEST MAPS?!?"

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

That DICK! posted:

is it weird that i'm pro people but anti war? i think someone needs to get both sides in a room and just work it out.

Source your quotes

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

A Russian falls through the earth and into Kyiv catacombs. Taking a torch from a nearby wall, he spies rows upon rows of conscripts. Grabbing the nearest one by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, saying "my comrade, have you tried Krokodil?"

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
hay guys whats goin on in this thread

Also how can anyone believe Russia is capable of the kind of operational security necessary to pull off a feint retreat with an immediate quick counterattack? Surely someone would have posted a TikTok about how awesome fake retreats are by now?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

That DICK! posted:

The problem is getting people and war out of the room they've been hanging out in for like 70,000 years, but that's a bigger problem to which the solution will not be found any time soon, and not in this conflict, no matter how it ends

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Good to see this thread back and the latest updates. I'm always glad to avoid the worst of elon musk's twitter.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I still hold that this war is not good and should end as soon as realistically possible.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That DICK! posted:

I mean war is a pretty terrible game to play with a deck of cards. Top Trumps is better.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Taerkar posted:

I mean war is a pretty terrible game to play with a deck of cards. Top Trumps is better.

My sister once tried to teach me to play War when we were kids.

She also liked forcing me to play Monopoly, so I'm pretty sure she was just making me play poo poo games to make me suffer.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
incidentally, KitConstantine, closing the last thread with Swan Lake was perfect :discourse:

also if anyone didn't scroll down the nice ladies from the last page got a translation:
https://twitter.com/vidtranslator/status/1587878906903887873
it doesn't really change your understanding of what's going on but it is :3:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The 3DO game Plumbers Don't Wear Ties but it is Conscripts Don't Wear Boots

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Didnt read the OP. :blastu::dogcited:

:haibrower:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

war is bad, putin and his cronies shouldn't have started one. slava ukraina

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Linux Pirate posted:

I still hold that this war is not good and should end as soon as realistically possible.

[in Sanna Marin voice] It will end when Russia leaves Ukraine

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Here's a joke to help get the new thread rolling:

The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If putin wants to win the war
Zelensky better not hear him snore
Because spicy tea will ensure he is no more

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
title needs a lot of work

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

But wait, Putin annexed those cities in those provinces. How can Ukraine just walk in and take them like that?????? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mnoba posted:

title needs a lot of work

yea putin is more of a Suharto