Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

McGavin posted:

They're doing a dry February.

they couldn't to a dry Femtosecond

e: I can't do a good snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theres really no such thing as a war without some drugs involved. ancients only had liquor but modern wars have whole pharmacopoeia. even the syrians, who are supposed to not do intoxicants, do lotsa captagon

idk where you think stimulants are derived from but people were absolutely taking stuff in the same family as purified and manufactured amphetamines and their analogues throughout human history

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1621006108851671040

Nice meltdown

Weatherman says to sink US transport ships. Howling

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lucky Guy posted:

they couldn't to a dry Femtosecond

e: I can't do a good snipe

Hey man, I liked it. Don't be so hard on yourself.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

or pharma-cope-ia if you're Russian

Haha.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Vampire Panties posted:

Coke needs cocoa

I mean most people prefer champagne but if you've found your silver lining I'm not gonna slam it

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why even mention this, as if it matters to any person?
*Shrug*. I don't like the practice, but I'm not gonna get mad at every person on earth whose dog has cropped ears, or a docked tail, or amputated dewclaws. I don't spit in my parents' faces because they had me circumcised.

Common things that normal people do because they're common, but should be discontinued.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/dim0kq/status/1621215260215590915

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

There's talks of sending 99 former danish leopard 1 tanks to Ukraine.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2023-02-02-99-tidligere-danske-leopard-kampvogne-kan-vaere-paa-vej-til-ukraine r-click translate

AFAIK Leopard 1s are inferior to modern T-72s but 99 is a lot of tanks!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Check out the phones he always has around him. Can't see much there but they all look something straight out of a 1980's office. He has like four of them because it makes him feel important.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

McGavin posted:

They're doing a dry February.

Exsanguination would certainly leave a person dry, yes.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

RoyKeen posted:

Hey man, I liked it. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Love to see this kind of positive reinforcement

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Horrorosaurus posted:

What would "the good poo poo" be in this case? Drugs are only expensive to addicts. A really strong adrenaline rush beats the poo poo out of almost any state on drunkenness a human body can manage if it isn't just straight up lethal.

Anyway that article reminded me of something I couldn't forget after reading it in a novel written by a Finnish author who fought in Winter War. Some of the stories where they made contact with the soviet army and all the chaos was just nuts.

The thing that somehow got to me was his description of one young Finnish soldier being mowed down in machine gun fire and then getting back up, sitting at least, looking all confused and, being in -30C, his first and last response was to take his bloodsoaked sweater off, turning it inside out and putting it back on before getting a few more final rounds in him.

It was both too common and absurd a description not to be at least a possibility due to just plain shock. We've heard of worse so why not.

It's been about 20 years since I read that one and if it stuck with me then, well, with children of my own now, goddamn I loving hate all of this so much.

'The good poo poo' is more of a joke in this case than anything else, of how mistreated and deprived mobiks are, but drugs are often actually somewhat expensive to produce so they cost money for everyone, not just addicts. Maybe you're just used to your insurance company paying for them.

My point was that the drugged claim was extremely unverified. While mobiks being drunk is pretty much a constant thing according to most reports. And yes, mix that with adrenaline, fear of discipline or even execution, and you get them pouring forward to almost certain doom, plus taking hits and continuing on. If you will be killed for turning back you have to go forward.

In any case, the main drugs useful for war are opiates and stimulants, but they have very specific use cases and can quickly become a hindrance if used improperly.

Oldsmobile posted:

Seems like fenty is easy to make as long as you have the right chemicals. Just boil some up on a stove or even a fire. That's why it's literally everywhere and in everything in the US now.

No its not that easy, you need illegal and extremely uncommon precursors, to start. Almost all fent is literally ordered from labs in China, even the stuff the cartels then dilute or put in pills and smuggle in

It's like the reverse opiate wars, they don't give a poo poo as long as the labs don't spread it inside China

Lmao!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

idk where you think stimulants are derived from but people were absolutely taking stuff in the same family as purified and manufactured amphetamines and their analogues throughout human history

by the ancients i mean like, 1000 bc. ephedra isn't even close to amphetamines in actual effect

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Lima posted:

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2023-02-02-99-tidligere-danske-leopard-kampvogne-kan-vaere-paa-vej-til-ukraine r-click translate

If nothing else they could be used at borders away from the frontline to provide depth against second fronts being opened up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Wouldn't running windows xp open you up to a lot of vulnerabilities? It's so old and mostly unsupported.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

He should run temple OS.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Tovarisch, you're getting a Dell!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dumb but delightfully so.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Windows.XP.SP3-FULL-NOCD.Razor911.torrent

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lima posted:

Good thing Russia has run out of T-72s and is using T-62s, then!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Play posted:

Wouldn't running windows xp open you up to a lot of vulnerabilities? It's so old and mostly unsupported.

On one hand: Yes absolutely.
On the other hand, it depends on what it's for. If that's on some internal network with no internet connection, and limited to only a very specific set of software and network connections? You could create an environment where windows 98 was safe if you really tried.

Basically it depends on if the Kremlin IT people are whoever has the right contacts, or if they hired some actually competent security people - Russia does have those. Running XP hints at the former, since a good security team would presumably recommend using a modern OS as one more layer of security.

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018

Downloading da warez

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Now to install Incredimail, Netscape, and Winamp 2.95

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Slugworth posted:

I don't spit in my parents' faces because they had me circumcised.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Drone_Fragger posted:

Touching on drug use there is a fairly compelling argument meth is a prevalent drug in the USA becsuse veitnam vets came back hooked on amphetemines and found that biker crank (meth) gave them the same hit, spreading it across the usa.

Oldsmobile posted:

Seems like fenty is easy to make as long as you have the right chemicals. Just boil some up on a stove or even a fire. That's why it's literally everywhere and in everything in the US now.

It's like y'all don't even do drugs smh

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Does russia still use ICQ? Heard it was/is popular. No end to end encryption for text chats is wild. Maybe they added it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Blyatamp, it really whips the mobik's rear end

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Computer viking posted:

On one hand: Yes absolutely.
On the other hand, it depends on what it's for. If that's on some internal network with no internet connection, and limited to only a very specific set of software and network connections? You could create an environment where windows 98 was safe if you really tried.

Basically it depends on if the Kremlin IT people are whoever has the right contacts, or if they hired some actually competent security people - Russia does have those. Running XP hints at the former, since a good security team would presumably recommend using a modern OS as one more layer of security.

He is often shown pretending to do video calls with his underlings on the machine, so it seems like it's networked. Doubt it's XP though. Nobody running IT for a nuclear power is that stupid.

I doubt they use closed source Microsoft software for Kremlin IT in general. Probably some customized open source Linux setup.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

GABA ghoul posted:

He is often shown pretending to do video calls with his underlings on the machine, so it seems like it's networked. Doubt it's XP though. Nobody running IT for a nuclear power is that stupid.

I doubt they use closed source Microsoft software for Kremlin IT in general. Probably some customized open source Linux setup.

Could still be some sort of segregated secure net, mind you - and it really does look like XP. Russia does have a Linux distro (Astra Linux), but it doesn't look like the default theme is XP-alike.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Play posted:

'The good poo poo' is more of a joke in this case than anything else, of how mistreated and deprived mobiks are, but drugs are often actually somewhat expensive to produce so they cost money for everyone, not just addicts. Maybe you're just used to your insurance company paying for them.

My point was that the drugged claim was extremely unverified. While mobiks being drunk is pretty much a constant thing according to most reports. And yes, mix that with adrenaline, fear of discipline or even execution, and you get them pouring forward to almost certain doom, plus taking hits and continuing on. If you will be killed for turning back you have to go forward.

In any case, the main drugs useful for war are opiates and stimulants, but they have very specific use cases and can quickly become a hindrance if used improperly.

.... ordered from labs in China, even the stuff the cartels then dilute or put in pills and smuggle in

It's like the reverse opiate wars, they don't give a poo poo as long as the labs don't spread it inside China

Lmao!

I've had experience with China market, rc stuff mainly and also might have at some point realized it's easy to produce stuff like DMT from scratch. Not saying it would be good on a battlefield unless you want the conscripts chasing space elves for a few minutes.

But insurance? Lol nope

Before this war Ukraine was seen as a gate through which Russia flooded the western markets. After the war there was widespread fear among users that they'd run out of drugs. Mainly talking benzos and painkillers.

That did happen to a point but addicts are resourceful. So is Russia, and I'm not at all against the tinfoil theory that they are providing drugs on a government level because well, look at them.

I agree with you, it's opiates and stimulants that are the main ones but (rc) benzos can be insanely effective as well. Haven't seen them here for a while but Russia could well provide them to front lines through China.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Powered Descent posted:

Now to install Incredimail, Netscape, and Winamp 2.95

I still use Winamp 2.95 and there is nothing wrong with this. :colbert:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Horrorosaurus posted:

I've had experience with China market, rc stuff mainly and also might have at some point realized it's easy to produce stuff like DMT from scratch. Not saying it would be good on a battlefield unless you want the conscripts chasing space elves for a few minutes.

But insurance? Lol nope

Before this war Ukraine was seen as a gate through which Russia flooded the western markets. After the war there was widespread fear among users that they'd run out of drugs. Mainly talking benzos and painkillers.

That did happen to a point but addicts are resourceful. So is Russia, and I'm not at all against the tinfoil theory that they are providing drugs on a government level because well, look at them.

I agree with you, it's opiates and stimulants that are the main ones but (rc) benzos can be insanely effective as well. Haven't seen them here for a while but Russia could well provide them to front lines through China.

the gently caress are you talking abou?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Bronze Fonz posted:

It still really kicks the llama's rear end!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bronze Fonz posted:

It still whips the llama's rear end

e: beaten, but mine was correct :colbert:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

50/50 that his is because the FSB, via Kaperski, has exhaustive enough knowledge of every nook and cranny of that OS and its vulnerabilities to feel more confident around it than any other.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Horrorosaurus posted:

But insurance? Lol nope

DMT is different, you can just grow cacti and make it from that. Fentanyl is a lot more complex and the precursor chemicals are strictly controlled (in most countries, Chinese labs are the wild west they can do whatever they gently caress they want it seems). And if China cracks down they just slightly tweak the formula and then it's a grey zone again.

And yeah, I'm familiar with Phenazepam. My brother mixed it up with something else, did way too much, and within two weeks got engaged to his girlfriend (short lived) and was arrested on two separate occasions lmao. It's certainly possible, but I feel like Russia wants to spend as little of their limited resources as possible on mobiks, drugs included. Especially when they can just drink 160 proof basement liquor.

I'd actually be curious to know what the drug situation in Ukraine is. It's an interesting topic, drugs in war. But we don't know anything about it at this point. Maybe once the memoirs start coming out.

Anyways, somewhat interesting interview with a Canadian volunteer, worked as a medic and evacuator. Hit a mine at one point. Talks about Russian POWs, their crimes, and his opinion of Russians and their forces (not good).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Vrm_DgGms

e: this may have been posted before, didn't realize it was 5 days old.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1621006108851671040

Nice meltdown

Weatherman says to sink US transport ships. Howling

LOL

The ships in question:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

LOL

The ships in question:

Nah I doubt they are transporting that much by air. That would cost a whole shitload of money. Those planes cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars per airplane per hour of operation. And even the largest transport plane, while rated to carry two Abrams, usually prefers to only carry one to avoid stress on the airframe.

Mostly they are probably going by ship and then rail (I believe).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

It's like y'all don't even do drugs smh

All I do is too much whiskey on the weekends :(