Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kesper North posted:

The Betterman

#Fetlife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dear Eddie Vedder,

Looks like they found a Betterman :dadjoke:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is there a good breakdown of how the various elections ended? A quick Google search just turned up general results (how many seats each party currently won/lost) but I'm not seeing much for specific races. Mostly I want to point and laugh at Dr Oz some more.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So is it pretty much definite for a GOP house? I have only tried to focus on my very local election stuff so far, not really wanting to get into the news cycle at all on this crap.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

That Works posted:

So is it pretty much definite for a GOP house? I have only tried to focus on my very local election stuff so far, not really wanting to get into the news cycle at all on this crap.

Just waking up, but from what I can tell skimming through places a GOP majority is still very likely, but not guaranteed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/GongwerMichigan/status/1590292754981978112?t=acwZipNxw3mQwfXfZBMUUQ&s=19

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That Works posted:

And also by the thinnest hair. Aka if someone doesn’t show up, dies, resigns, etc, some shenanigans can be afoot.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

That Works posted:

Per the NYT the house currently stands at 172 Dem / 197 GOP with 218 being the magic number for control. Forecast is likely ending up at about 211 Dem / 224 GOP, giving GOP a 7 seat majority. Roughly almost exactly reversed of what it is now.

So yes, but not as big a sea change as predicted. However Kevin McCarthy is likely the next Speaker of the House barring something radical like making Trump speaker.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

We could very well wind up in a situation where Democrats or Republicans have a two seat majority. As Icon of Sin mentioned, this could mean special elections are constantly re-determining control until 2024.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Any summary on the secretaries of state and other non national races where the election subverts were running?

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

After visiting my Dad in Alaska last weekend my anecdotal guess is that Mary Peltola will be the first Dem. from Alaska since the 70s at the Federal level and an Alaska Native woman replacing Don Young. There were so many signs everywhere I went over the weekend it was so happy to see such unity of support for her up there.

Annnd with 75% reporting she's at 47% with Sarah Palin and Nick Begich each holding mid 20s %

No help for the R governor but small victories. Also Lisa Murkowski is behind 2%, (42-44) Kelly Tshibaka which sort of sucks for the rare anti Trump Repub.

E: can't spell

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Does anyone have the updated score on how many Trump endorsees lost?

https://twitter.com/Brad_Rosenheim/status/1590322510104793088?t=Eh5VoFLNz-5e0yw31NlFTw&s=19

Please please pleeeeeeeeeease

lightpole posted:

Dems are outperforming. Whatever happens in the morning I'm not nearly as worried now. GOP might have a few seat majority in the worst case it looks like but they won't be able to do anything with it.

From last night, for context:

CBJSprague24 posted:

CBS says it might be a Red Ripple at best and the slimmer majority in the House, the harder it will be to get for them to get consensus to agree between those who kiss the ring versus those who might take their orders from other Rs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Boebert eating poo poo would be extremely unexpected, yet appreciated

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

Boebert eating poo poo would be extremely unexpected, yet appreciated

She isn't going to eat at her own restaurant lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

:drat:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I had an idea that things might go good in Michigan with the obscene turnout, but I had no idea that it could be enough to flip the state House *and* Senate. They really shouldn't have accused McMorrow of being a kiddie groomer, that basically ended up flipping both chambers of the statehouse. The Michigan Democrats' four-year plan to uncrack the state gerrymanders with the redistricting commission has been an absurd success in all ways.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

https://twitter.com/minnesotadfl/status/1590256795901374465?s=46&t=g-VSoeYU7aoq70yvXqm9Mg

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Best incumbent party midterm performance since 9/11.

Also lmao:
https://twitter.com/robillard/status/1590238360534413317?s=46&t=6T3PRgTj0eE9WIzCtPKlgA

https://twitter.com/thedweck/status/1590223233529548806?s=46&t=6T3PRgTj0eE9WIzCtPKlgA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Just reconfirming my suspicions here but, with Fetterman winning Pennsylvania, the GOP now MUST win two of Nevada, Georgia, and Arizona, right?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

And now Lauren Boebert can go back to being an unelected domestic terrorist. Praise Allah!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Just reconfirming my suspicions here but, with Fetterman winning Pennsylvania, the GOP now MUST win two of Nevada, Georgia, and Arizona, right?

Looks like the Dems are also on track to flip Pennsylvania's legislative and they have the Governor's seat.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It makes me very happy to see Fetterman do well after enduring an absolutely unbelievable amount of horseshit over his health.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DavidPepper/status/1590179619243982849?s=20&t=N9S6f4hKzu74kSb7mOpmPw

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Who's the first one to claim rigged election? I'll take Bobo.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

FL and TX redistricting will likely hand the GOP the house.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nystral posted:

FL and TX redistricting will likely hand the GOP the house.

I don't think they have enough to fully take it, but they will likely cut the margins for the Dems control of it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

CommieGIR posted:

Looks like the Dems are also on track to flip Pennsylvania's legislative and they have the Governor's seat.
Meanwhile, Ohio managed to give every state-wide office to the GOP and Tim Ryan lost his senate race by 6.6 points to loving JD Vance by running a campaign that was basically "I'm almost a republican, I swear." Though he did 1.5 points better than Biden despite alienating anyone left of Mitt Romney, so I guess there's that?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

stealie72 posted:

Meanwhile, Ohio managed to give every state-wide office to the GOP and Tim Ryan lost his senate race by 6.6 points to loving JD Vance by running a campaign that was basically "I'm almost a republican, I swear." Though he did 1.5 points better than Biden despite alienating anyone left of Mitt Romney, so I guess there's that?

There is a lot of Gerrymandering in Ohio https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/state-legislatures-are-torching-democracy. Their republican state legislature has basically gutted districts to solidify GOP gains.

This is the GOP's normal strategy too, they know they cannot win on issue, doesn't help that the Dems in places like Florida picked lovely Right leaning people to try to appeal to the Right rather than good candidates.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

There is a lot of Gerrymandering in Ohio https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/state-legislatures-are-torching-democracy. Their republican state legislature has basically gutted districts to solidify GOP gains.

Sure, but the US senator slot is statewide race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

stealie72 posted:

Ohio's republicans were just jealous JD got to kiss Trump's rear end AND be taunted for it and wanted to live vicariously through him.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Georgia is neck and neck right now, and I think if neither breaks 50% then we have to do a runoff in 2 months?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Space Opera posted:

Georgia is neck and neck right now, and I think if neither breaks 50% then we have to do a runoff in 2 months?

Correct.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Space Opera posted:

*looks at the 100 vote related text messages I got yesterday and weeps*

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/1590234103106146304?s=20&t=N9S6f4hKzu74kSb7mOpmPw

Even if its a mediocre turn out of the Dems, its not the Red Wave the GOP prophesied, and its not turning out well for Trumpers. Enough so that apparently Trump is livid.

Defenestrategy posted:

*looks at the 100 vote related text messages I got yesterday and weeps*

The upside is runoffs tend to favor Democrats, so there's that. As long as Herschel is sent packing to whatever mistress he has now.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

psydude posted:

Sure, but the US senator slot is statewide race.
Yeah. It's this. Ohio is a solid red state by about 8 points, and that's not changing without some demographic changes. And the demographic changes that are happening are moving the needle more red.

Also, ohio has a fair districting law that won by a landslide. The Ohio GOP ignored it and created multiple maps that were declared unconstitutional by the state supreme court, and said "oh yeah, what are you gunna do about it?" and held the election anyway. Then the GOP swept the state supreme court justice elections.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Space Opera posted:

That Walker is doing as well as he is considering... well... literally everything about him, is a damning indictment of Georgia.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Space Opera posted:

Georgia's runoff date will be December 6th. I hope they like ads :v:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Randalor posted:

That Walker is doing as well as he is considering... well... literally everything about him, is a damning indictment of Georgia.

10 years ago Walker would have won in a landslide.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nystral posted:

10 years ago Walker would have won in a landslide.
True.
The vote results are a damning indictment of Walker rather than anything about Warnock or Georgia in general.

Look at the governors race by comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah its worth remembering Georgia was a solid GOP lock up until Warnock, so its not too suprising that its a close call, but its certainly not a good sign for Walker at all.