Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Many years ago, a wise goon asked an important question:

Shadow0 posted:

Important question: can I drink bacon?

Does anyone know of a recipe that calls for liquidified bacon?

tia.
The misspelling is a stylistic choice, I assure you.

Fortunately for the world, there was an answer:
But alas, the company no longer exists, and so with it, bacon drink!

But I think we can do better.

:siren:I'm throwing down the gauntlet and issuing a challenge::siren:
Make bacon I can drink.

The rules are simple:
Make a drink where a main ingredient is bacon.
The competition will go for roughly 2 weeks, but I'll give you the last weekend too - so until 2022/Nov/27th - or whenever I check the thread and decide to start giving out awards. But even after that, if you have more bacon drinks, please submit them!

The top three contestants will get $30 in the form of a gift card and maybe some bacon-related prize I find on Amazon or something, but also the extremely rewarding sense of satisfaction from bringing something truly marvelous into the world to unite all people except the ones that don't eat drink pork!

FAQ:

Q: How is this different from the ICSA threads?
A: It's different in a few ways: 1) I'm hosting it; 2) there is only one course: drink; and 3) the competition is really secondary to our goal here, which is to produce drinkable bacon.

Q: How will winners be decided?
A: I have no idea.

Q: Is this safe?
A: No, probably not.

Good luck, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
While I think our goal should be to get as much bacon and bacon flavor into the drink as possible and to make it as bacon-forward as possible while still being delicious, if you have any bacon drink ideas or attempts, I want to see them!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Stick 50 slices of just-fried crispy bacon into half a large cup of tomato soup. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Consume.

(My bacon prize wouldn't make it past Australian Customs, so please give it to someone else.)

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
This feels like a really complicated way to get a bunch of Bloody Mary recipes but the idea sounds fun so I’m looking forward to following this thread.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Quite A Tool posted:

This feels like a really complicated way to get a bunch of Bloody Mary recipes but the idea sounds fun so I’m looking forward to following this thread.

I don't drink alcohol, so I'm hoping for some more diverse responses.
I, myself, have a couple of ideas I'm hoping to try out this weekend.

BigBadSteve posted:

Stick 50 slices of just-fried crispy bacon into half a large cup of tomato soup. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Consume.

(My bacon prize wouldn't make it past Australian Customs, so please give it to someone else.)

:hmmyes:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I finally had a chance to make my first attempt at a bacon drink.

Basically a milkshake with bacon added. I put in chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel - and some whipped cream and a sprig of parsley to top it off.

I tried to candy the bacon, but I don't know if this helped in any way. Probably mostly it harmed it since I ended up substituting maple syrup (which apparently I had run out of) with some butter pecan syrup.
Also, I needed to use chocolate syrup instead of melting chocolate and somehow thinking it wouldn't just freeze back up when it went into the drink.
A few other steps could have gone better as well.

I ended up using two strips of bacon, but I don't think it was very bacon-ful. 5/10.

Still, this does put me in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. :toot:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well, the competition part of the thread is very over.

Here were my other attempts at a bacon drink:

Bacon coffee

Bacon tomato juice

Which puts me solidly in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place since no one else submitted anything. So I win all prizes! :toot:

None of them were very good though, unfortunately.

The quest for drinkable bacon continues...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I think the trick with making a drink is that one needs to make the equivalent of a bacon stock, rather than using the meat and fat directly by pureeing it.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

I think the trick with making a drink is that one needs to make the equivalent of a bacon stock, rather than using the meat and fat directly by pureeing it.

Oh, that's a good idea.
I actually bought a bunch of things to try more advanced ideas, but I didn't end up having enough time. I want to try to revisit this in the near future, so I'll try giving that a shot. With some kind of bacon stock on hand, I can try a few things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

A nerd I know just puts bacon bits in a vodka bottle and freezes for a while, pours it thru a filter, Boom bacon vodka