Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Found out the hard way the hinges I got for the last bit of assembly on the Bigass Miter Station were the wrong ones so I’m at the bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
did I miss it?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

weekend!!! worked too much this week. very tired.

gonna make some gundams!!!!! and hang out with my husband.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

taking monday off so this is another four day for me. today i finished a book i've been chipping on for a while about the mullholland street racers (somehow the copy i got from amazon was signed by the author to bobby carradine). sunday it looks like it will stay cold enough to switch on my winter wheels. haven't decided what to do with saturday and monday yet but i'll come up with something.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i am going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, and i am going to clean my filthy house tomorrow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i am going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, and i am going to clean my filthy house tomorrow

good poo poo bro i’m rootin for ya

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i am in sf this weekend as part of an overlong work trip, my first since before the pandemic

tonight i had dinner at my favorite pakistani greasy spoon. saag gosht, hooray

tomorrow i will… i don’t know, probably read something

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gheesy spoon

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
the lmaos are loving with my sleep schedule and just keep coming. this is the best week ever

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/and_dads_car__/status/1591370218332225538?s=46&t=8M76GtoQdxDXt0U5m16rGA

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i slept overly well. i overslept

what a nice morning

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
on semi-vacation in Singapore so spent the day by the pool then went to a hawker center for satay

we were supposed to meet old friends tomorrow but one of them got food poisoning so that got pushed to Thursday so maybe the zoo tomorrow instead

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

went for a morning jog later than usual. brr, chilly

might crawl back into bed and watch tiktok for an hour

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Went to Texas Roadhouse for the first time in years and had a good steak to celebrate Mrs. Nasty getting a job :)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

going out for a meal later with some friends i haven't seen irl since before covid

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

had to force myself out of bed again, it was getting too comfortable watching videos in there

time for breakfast and chores

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

helping a friend look at apartments. it rained all day yesterday so philly is even more miserable than normal

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

went for a morning jog later than usual. brr, chilly

might crawl back into bed and watch tiktok for an hour

yeah last night i did a couple miles of walk in 25f. 2 layers + a coat and i was perfectly good tho

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

a walk this evening doesn't sound bad at all. maybe this is a chance to wear my super thick hoodie

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yosposters talked me into the Carhartt hoodie, and yeah its sixty bucks, and yeah its worth every penny. its like wearing a sheep

and yeah, i am pushing myself to go out for a walk every day, weather is not an excuse. i have plenty of layers and its nice to get some crisp air for an hour or so each night and get out of the house, then come home and make some cider and flop in front of ds9

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
heck yeah dude just texted me back, going to close the deal on a lovely windows laptop for the solder bench (gotta look at PDFs somehow and i dont wanna fling solder around a $1k laptop) in a bit

true to my style though, it's bigram lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im layin on little jones's bed while he builds mario legos and digs through his pile of stuffed animals.

today is poodle jones's second birthday

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

slept almost 12 hours last night, feelin good about cresting the wave on the flu

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk where else to ask this but what are some good tools for working out mortgages etc

any plugins for excel ? or something

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
are you looking for like an amortization calculator? spreadsheets usually have a specific tool for that (check in the templates, maybe?), or you can find them online

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
wooo i slept for like 12 hours too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

yosposters talked me into the Carhartt hoodie, and yeah its sixty bucks, and yeah its worth every penny. its like wearing a sheep

and yeah, i am pushing myself to go out for a walk every day, weather is not an excuse. i have plenty of layers and its nice to get some crisp air for an hour or so each night and get out of the house, then come home and make some cider and flop in front of ds9

if they have uniqlo around there the mrs got me a super thin thermal hoodie, last year though. was like $35 and i was able to wear it with just a t-shirt in winter lol

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

weekend achievements so far
* went on a 20km walk
* finished my weekly music track
* finally beat pillars of eternity

and there is still a day left

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

just got back from what's probably the last motorcycle ride of the calendar year. blood donation on monday, i'm o negative so i can help everyone and i just hit eligibility again.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

4lokos basilisk posted:

* finally beat pillars of eternity

heck yeah, I was thinking I'd see if I can finish it over the holidays this year

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

blind double date tonight. buddy’s girlfriend set me up with someone and we’re doing a thing at some christmas market downtown. throw some hail marys for me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

blind double date tonight. buddy’s girlfriend set me up with someone and we’re doing a thing at some christmas market downtown. throw some hail marys for me

i hope it goes well but lol first thing i thought was "sounds like some neo-nazi named mary"

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cleaned out my storage room. found a book that i lost years ago, jennifer government. i've finished all of my chores and maybe i'll go for an evening walk, but tonight and tomorrow look wonderfully free

Kazinsal posted:

have fun!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kazinsal posted:

have fun, try to do or say something that makes everyone laugh. that's real nice when it happens these days

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

dioxazine posted:

cleaned out my storage room. found a book that i lost years ago, jennifer government. i've finished all of my chores and maybe i'll go for an evening walk, but tonight and tomorrow look wonderfully free

have fun!
i remember the web-based companion game for that. i have also heard the book mega does not age well, should be fun at this point

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

good luck! have a good time even if you don't connect.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rjmccall posted:

are you looking for like an amortization calculator? spreadsheets usually have a specific tool for that (check in the templates, maybe?), or you can find them online

hmm yeah idk I want to be able to plug different values in and see what’ll be more cost effective or whatever.

spose I should use google and investigate the internet

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

bring her a boxed copy of linux

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

idk where else to ask this but what are some good tools for working out mortgages etc

any plugins for excel ? or something

https://www.amazon.com/Linear-Algebra-Cambridge-Mathematical-Textbooks/dp/1107177901

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
bar crawl was cool and fun. got some fresh batteries for the old MFLB so now i'm gonna get stoned and maybe have a fire on the patio