Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
🐀 Rat: Algernon
🐈‍⬛ Cat: Shamisen
🐕 Dog: Charles Barkley
🐈‍⬛ Cat: His/Her Royal Highness The Prince/Princess Meowsworth, Duke/Duchess of Eatin'burg', Earl/Countess of Meowneth, Baron/Baroness Green Witch, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Mousers, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Claw, Member of the Order of Mew, Grand Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the Cattish Empire, Knight of the Order of Lions, Additional Member of the Order of Tigers, Extra Companion of the King's/Queen’s Pet Order, Royal Chief of the Order of Longcat, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Puma, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Meow, Lord/Lady of His/Her Majesty’s Most Honorable Privy Catnip, Privy Councilor of the King's/Queen’s Privy Catnip of Catdrugs, Personal Aide-de-Camp to His/Her Owner, Lord/Lady High Admiral of the United Cats
Well, I tried...
🪨 Rock: Brock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cat: Dracula

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oleander

I like naming animals after other animals, RIP to my dogs Flounder and Ducky

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

My dogs name is Poundcake, and I love her. :3:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My cat is named Krauser

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Cat: Socks
(only valid for black cats with white feet)

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014
I have a Rat named Mr. Brownie. His full name is Seneca Gazpacho Brownie. In the Spanish Speaking world he is known as Señor Cafecito.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Cat: Cheese, Sandwich, Broccoli, Laser, Joops, Kyle

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

my cat is named Wumbus, I think it's a good name.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I wanted Apollo. My partner liked the nickname Polly but wanted a comedy name and so our cat was almost named Apology or Trampoline or Poleaxe.

We settled on Ferdinand somehow.

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
i used to have a degu named giraffe. he was a total dick.

now i have two birds named house and wilson and i'm very proud of them

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
My axolotl's full name is Maxolotl Axolittle Axolotl.

I've got friends whose cats are called PartyCat, Dr Leg and Girl Fergus (after their son wanted to name a cat after himself, and they told him it was a girl cat). They have a late cat whose name was Major Hench Puss. I aspire to be this good at pet naming.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I'm planning on naming my next cat Babylon. But I guess it depends on the cat's vibes.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Gay Dumbass

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

*clears throat, and gets riiiight up on the mic*
"Turn on your monitor"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My first cat, all black, was named Panthro, after the Thundercat. If I had adopted him a little later, I probably would have named him Nathan Explosion -- black fur + tank physique. :colbert:

My current cat's name is Sully after the Fire Emblem Awakening character, but I think if I could rename her, I'd go with Lucina or Olivia (or Livia, because Livia is nicer imho) instead. A little more obviously feminine and still a character in the game.

Spoggerific posted:

I think it could be valid for any cat with white feet.

The Bananana posted:

*clears throat, and gets riiiight up on the mic*
"Turn on your monitor"

:golfclap:

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
We had a kitten that we named Major Tiny Adventurepants. He got lymphatic cancer and we had to put him to sleep when he was barely 1 year old. That sucked. I don't know if we'll ever recover from that loss. Miss you Tiny.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Cat: Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

My cat is named Mingus Parker, because we found him in Mingus park in Coos Bay Oregon.

Also named after Charles Mingus and Charlie Parker for extra cool cat points.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
My partner's family friend growing up had two solid black dogs, named Stripe and Spot.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

Slider posted:

Guinea pig: Roger

my friend's guinea pigs have all be named after cereals:
rice krispies
cornflake
cinnamon toast crunch

i am unfortunately deathly allergic to cats, so i have to live vicariously through other people:
booger, because she was all white except for a little brown spot on her nose
james earl jones
hot carl
mr oswald
hades

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

jim office

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

a bird named macawley culkin

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Ex

Your ex

...your ex

...your ex

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Laika

Muttnik

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
My cat is named chairman meow.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

My cat is named chairman meow.

That's almost as good... maybe better than Colonel Meowmers

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Spoggerific posted:

You should not name your cat the same thing as noted ghoul Bill Clinton.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

My daughter named her cat Catnicula Bloodfang. (She was reading the Bunicula series at the time.)

We pretty much call her Nikki for short.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Dog: Freya
Luna
Piper

Cat: Odyssey
Skyler
River
Willow
Summer

Frog: Spork
Fat-bitch 1
Fat-Bitch 2
Speckles

Chameleon: Watermelon

Lizard: Banana, Chocolate, Blue (cheese), Aragon, Trigger (as in triggered by GODDAMN EVERYTHING)

Turtle: Sammy <-Super Turtle name here.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I thought this lady at the park named her dog Metal. Turned out it was Meadow.

If you'll excuse me, I'm on my way to the dog naming patent office.

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
Planning to name my next corgi Napoleon

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
I apologize for including the picture, but seeing him helps you understand why I wanted to name him such.

We recently adopted a little old man from our local animal shelter. He's a cross between silky, yorkie, golden lab and a few other things. When we first got him, I wanted to call him David Tasselhoff.

That was too much of a name, so his name became Mr. Fritz.

But in my heart, he will always be Tasselhoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
I recently adopted a dog from Puerto Rico and named him Newton but also on the list was Mofongo which I really liked but it didn’t suit him.