Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Santa came!

mysterious packages....

fantastic little lego-esque potted plants!

Catnip toys!!

BEEEEESSSSS! (also catnip toys?)

Bollo liked the red ball so much he was writhing around and I couldn't get a good photo, so have this one instead

I built (grew?) the plants

thanks so much Santa, what a fabulous selection of lovely gifts, now I just need to work out where all the catnip balls rolled

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

LadyPictureShow posted:

Ah man, we could've sipped Malört from our matching Christkindlmarkt mugs together!

SASS twins!

We still can; I have not yet opened my Malort.

Also, SASS really is the best. Aside from my nieces, I don’t really give gifts to friends or family anymore, nor do I receive any (which is fine because I don’t need or want stuff from them), but I love giving/making/finding presents for and to random goons, and I got into SASS after the mean option had pretty much gone out of style. So it’s been delightful to see all the hilarious, creative, and thoughtful gifts this thread produces each year (not to mention receiving awesome, sweet, and/or hilarious packages each year).

Thanks to tiaz as always for putting this together and to everyone who still participates on our dead gay forums.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Speaking as a lurker, I've never participated in SASS because I would likely procrastinate and/or end up a deadbeat Santa. But I follow the thread every year in order to keep my cockles nice and toasty. I hope SASS lives forever.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Fatkraken posted:

Santa came!

mysterious packages....

fantastic little lego-esque potted plants!

Catnip toys!!

BEEEEESSSSS! (also catnip toys?)

Bollo liked the red ball so much he was writhing around and I couldn't get a good photo, so have this one instead

I built (grew?) the plants

thanks so much Santa, what a fabulous selection of lovely gifts, now I just need to work out where all the catnip balls rolled

This warms my heart so much! Merry Christmas from your Santa!

I had to figure out how to get you something quick and before Christmas and so I went on British Etsy and got you a bunch of stuff I thought you’d enjoy!

I’m so happy your fur baby loves the nip! We have one here that does not and it’s so sad.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

wheatpuppy posted:

Speaking as a lurker, I've never participated in SASS because I would likely procrastinate and/or end up a deadbeat Santa. But I follow the thread every year in order to keep my cockles nice and toasty. I hope SASS lives forever.

:getin: in a year. There's always risks, but it's getting smaller and smaller each time seemingly. We need fresh blood. YOUR BLOOD

E: poo poo, meant to also tell Infidel Castro that those were some drat great meat sticks and that d20 rolled really well for me

Droogie fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 13, 2023

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Yesssss finally you got it!

Hopefully the ginger cookies didn't get too stale sitting at the post office for two weeks. In retrospect I really should have asked if you were going to be away for Christmas before I sent everything. :sweatdrop: Glad to see everything survived the trip! Merry SASSmas!

They were perfectly chewy and tasty! And now they're gone. Thanks again!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
A goonette didn't send me a sass gift in 2007, where do I complain? I sent my sass person a DVD of anime as was expected at the time, but I didn't get anything 😔

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Charles Bukowski posted:

A goonette didn't send me a sass gift in 2007, where do I complain? I sent my sass person a DVD of anime as was expected at the time, but I didn't get anything 😔

I’ll send you something. DM your details, you’re getting Irish souvenirs whether you like it or not.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think I sent the anime DVD to Ireland actually. It had a copy of the wind that shakes the barley on it, because I wanted them to know that I put thought into their Irishness

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Finally posting this! All the way from "sunny" Sheffield...

It was raining in Chicago in January (thanks climate change!), but the wet package was intact and contents dry.

First up, a handmade card!

Oooo with a pin of locally made Henderson's Relish

A lovely crossstitched bookmark and a stuffed animal with movable arms and legs! Did I mention this is all handmade?!

And then, the pièce de résistance, this amazing hat! I think it will keep me warm in the Chicago winters!

Thanks so much Fatkraken! You are incredibly talented! Did I mention this is all homemade and the hat design is actually Fatkraken's?!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
ah I'm so glad it all got there, hope the hat protects you from the wind coming over those lakes (that's Chicago, right?)

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

wheatpuppy posted:

You should totally join.
ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Edited to ooh and ahh over Fatkraken's steady crafin' talent.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 13, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Finally got a few minutes of breathing space and time to go ooooh and ahhhhhhh at all the gifts sent by the amazing Zoesdare.

So what have we got here? It's Albanese gummy lads, Cracker Jack popcorn and peanuts, 4 sachets of Spiced Apple Cider, some Emperador sandwich cookies, mandatory tajin-infused snacks and Cheez-It's which are apparently very difficult to get outside the U.S.

Fuzzy socks! I love me some nice comfy socks for my cold Oirish feet! A mug with 'Arizona' snowflakes on it, lemonade in sachets (witchcraft?), a cute barrell cactus pin, a pin of a desert cryptid called the Yucca Man designed by Santa herself, a coaster from a bar in Oregon, and a gorgeous pair of teeny tiny paintings by Zoesdare and her friend Blender Bat.

Santa's favourite type of pen and pencil, a bag of Fed Shreds, a lovely selection of stickers covering all the niche things I like, this nice little comic called Location, Location, Location, and a letter and Christmas card explaining the mysterious origins of all these amazing gifts!

But there were two other strange items in the box...

Is one of them a painful looking buttplug? :iiam:

Nope, it's a 3D-printed smilie stamp! :ms:

The other one, a curiously rattly familiar symbol...

OH CHRIST IT'S FULL OF BEES!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I’m so happy you liked it! Since we write back and forth so much, I wanted to send a box full of joy!

Edit: I’m also super relieved that the mug made it intact.

Second edit: did customs STEAL your hot chocolate??

Zoesdare fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 15, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Zoesdare posted:

I’m so happy you liked it! Since we write back and forth so much, I wanted to send a box full of joy!

Edit: I’m also super relieved that the mug made it intact.

Second edit: did customs STEAL your hot chocolate??

Ah yes that is currently living in the cupboard but I forgot to take it out of there for the photos

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Ah yes that is currently living in the cupboard but I forgot to take it out of there for the photos

PHEW I’m glad. That was why it took so long to ship, it was the last straggler.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I Iove reading this thread, and seeing just how nice you goons are to each other!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Palette swap posted:

Hey, that took way less to arrive than expected!
While this year I had to outsource the gift giving to Amazon, I still tried to give it a local flavour so I picked stuff based on local history, and that's basically our most important war after independence. I'm so glad you like it and just fyi there are 2 more books on your way.
Merry Christmas santee.

Huzzah! Another history book about a part of the world I know nothing about has arrived in the post, from the other side of the planet. Thanks Palette Swap, these are excellent!
I'm currently reading about a Chilean miner who gave away twelve fourths of his fortune (not a typo)...

csammis posted:

I got a message from my Santa earlier in the month saying that due to international post my package wouldn't arrive until January. WELL I GUESS A SASSMAS MIRACLE OCCURRED because it was waiting on my doorstep when I came home today!

I was advised that the customs form might spoil the surprises so I closed my eyes and cut at it with a knife until the paper came off (I am very smart). I did look at the return address before commencing with the stabbing: it hails from the mysterious land of Temora, NSW, Aus-tral-ia. I'll be damned!

First thing I see is a Simpsons meme in Christmas card form, fuckin :lol:

And some packages wrapped in very nice music paper!

First off there is an awesome bird photography book documenting the avian wildlife of Temora, complete with very informative passages on living with these beautiful creatures

I must have been a good goon because there is a framed display of the Temoran geology and its many rocks! And uh, good luck with whatever your neighbor's got going on.

A painting of my dogs! This really means a lot to me, thank you friend. Ember (on the left) passed away from old age very recently and I miss her every day. This is going right up on the wall over my desk :glomp:

And finally, local dark chocolate covered licorice! As promised by the note it was not sweet at all and lmy wife and I rather like them

Jax (on the right in the painting) was sitting like a good boy hoping for a taste - not likely my guy - when our new puppy Mila kramered into the scene and tried to stick her tongue into the bag. gently caress's sake.

Thank you so much to my unnamed ausgoon Santa! :greatgift:

Awesome! I'm glad that weird little geology exhibit arrived unscathed, I was really stressing about that.
I'm glad you liked the doggo painting, and even more glad that the new beast didn't manage to eat any chocolate.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Finally able to slow down and post better! SASSmas visited my house a while back (I was on vacation!).

Who doesn't love a recipe book for making gold and god?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

PuttyKnife posted:

Finally able to slow down and post better! SASSmas visited my house a while back (I was on vacation!).

Who doesn't love a recipe book for making gold and god?

I'm so glad it arrived after all the drama! I hope you like it.

Also big respect to all of the great shoppers itt & across SASS. Lots of very cool very interesting gifts!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

is that book cool? i heard it was kinda small for a book with giant pictures on most pages...

I almost bought it thinking it was coffee table sized and then I noticed it was like 6x9 inches and i did a double take... looks like it would be neat to flip through though

DC to Daylight
Feb 13, 2012

Santa delivered on Friday, bringing. among other things, some Utah related swag:

A spiffy T-shirt from a local brewery, a drag themed game, two and a half books and a variety of novelties.

I said two and a half books because in addition to the non-fiction Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense, there are two sci-fi novels contained in one physical volume. Twice Upon a Time and The Mechanical Monarch. The publisher curiously decided put the two novellas one after the other, but with the second one printed upside down.

Novelties include a gently caress You stamp, an eggplant shaped condiment bottle, unicorn toy and a metal Darth Vader helmet. Also, two stickers - one bearing some sweet double entendre and one shaped like a bee. That fits the seldom overlapping themes of SASSmas and the State of Utah.

A varied and generous haul.

Thank you OB-GYN Kenobi - You were my only hope.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Glad it all made it there in one piece. I hope it made your holiday season a bit more fun.

Just a thought, when I found that humane pressure point book I instantly thought it would make a great thread, or at the very least, share a few of those pages so the SASS folks can learn the art of humane self defense.

DC to Daylight
Feb 13, 2012

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Glad it all made it there in one piece. I hope it made your holiday season a bit more fun.

Just a thought, when I found that humane pressure point book I instantly thought it would make a great thread, or at the very least, share a few of those pages so the SASS folks can learn the art of humane self defense.

Sure did. I'm bored, so here's a few pictures right now.

Photos from the book Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense.

Chapter 4 - Attacking the Genitals

One kick to each ball is the most humane way.

Sidebar - Positioning for Strength

T-shirt guy needs a new briefcase and bad. Suit guy is willing to fight because the sandwich it contains is all he has left.

Fitzroy was here. And a good time was had by all.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Wendigee posted:

is that book cool? i heard it was kinda small for a book with giant pictures on most pages...

I almost bought it thinking it was coffee table sized and then I noticed it was like 6x9 inches and i did a double take... looks like it would be neat to flip through though

get the 600 page version.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

DC to Daylight posted:

Sure did. I'm bored, so here's a few pictures right now.

Photos from the book Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense.

Chapter 4 - Attacking the Genitals

One kick to each ball is the most humane way.

Sidebar - Positioning for Strength

T-shirt guy needs a new briefcase and bad. Suit guy is willing to fight because the sandwich it contains is all he has left.

Fitzroy was here. And a good time was had by all.

Oh gently caress I just realised that’s George Dillman

https://youtu.be/kIL5nD2PQ0Y

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Oh gently caress I just realised that’s George Dillman

https://youtu.be/kIL5nD2PQ0Y

Holy poo poo I didn't put that together when I found that. I just saw it at a thrift store, back in like October, and had a good chuckle over all the pics. Of course I instantly thought it would make a great SASS gift and bought it.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Shy and Shameless posted:

Snowbeard has struck, leaving bounteous plunder for me to peruse and enjoy!

Will have pics later tonight/tomorrow; am low on bandwidth from a gnarly last week.

HOWEVER. I wish to say: Repeating Meme, you killed it _again_ this year! Thank you much for bein' my Santa :3

Oh wait did I get you as a santee last year too? Dang sorry there might be a repeat gift in there! I just got the straggler gift delivered so ill be sending the last thing this week

Also i forgot to post when i got it, but my santa topenga sent me a wonderful box of SASSmas goodies! I still have to upload the pictures to show off, but thank you topenga you've utterly spoiled me this year :)

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
ITS A SASSMAS MIRACLE! :woop:

I've been checking the tracking number on the package to my santee everyday since I shipped it on December 15th. I was told it was guaranteed to arrive before new years.

The package arrived to the country its going to, but was held in customs and has been stuck there without update since December 25th.

I made several calls to USPS and started an investigation case, but never heard back. The other country's customs website stated my package was "In Hospitalization" but I didn't have a way to ask the other country directly about what to do or what that meant. I felt helpless and I was starting to believe it may have been lost...

...but today the package moved! It is now in transit and I couldn't be more relieved! A little slice of Christmas is on its way to you santee!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Ars Arcanum posted:

We still can; I have not yet opened my Malort.

Also, SASS really is the best. Aside from my nieces, I don’t really give gifts to friends or family anymore, nor do I receive any (which is fine because I don’t need or want stuff from them), but I love giving/making/finding presents for and to random goons, and I got into SASS after the mean option had pretty much gone out of style. So it’s been delightful to see all the hilarious, creative, and thoughtful gifts this thread produces each year (not to mention receiving awesome, sweet, and/or hilarious packages each year).

Thanks to tiaz as always for putting this together and to everyone who still participates on our dead gay forums.

Also chiming in to say that this is the only gift exchange I participate in, so its really special.

To make the season a bit brighter, I not only signed up for SASS, but also decided to build a gingerbread house, which I've never done before. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out and tasted, so I've decided to make it my new yearly tradition.

And I've also really enjoyed seeing everyone's gifts roll in. Everyone's done such an amazing job, so many great things! Speaking of which, have either of you tasted the Malort yet? How was it?

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
After a long stay in Chilean customs and lots of negotiations by Santa for it's release, today I got a package. I have my mail sent at my parents' place and as you are going to see they (luckily) take down xmas decorations at the end of the month after inviting friends and family.

Despite everything it went through it seems to be in good shape.

A couple of unwrapped things

Treats for the cattes

And some instant snow. We don't get snow in most of the country and we also have some Hot Christmas

And now for the packages inside the package

A can of soup?

Ah, it goes together with some wild rice and a recipe for Minnesota Wildrice Hotdish, Santa's Mom special that I'm cooking as soon as we finish remodeling the kitchen as celebration.

A cool water bottle from an apparently cool place. Actually I had to stop going to the gym in '20 for some mysterious reason, but its gonna be nice to have at work.

Cute Lil Bub stationery, and a story...

Here's next to a Grumpy Cat decoration mom made out of a sweater (she uses second hand xmas clothes that are too hot to wear here to make them). She didn't know about either of them before so today learned about and fell in love with Bub after I showed her the real one, the same as with Grumpy last year.

A really fragrant soap that survived the trip intact.

A box full of tasty treats that are calling me rn

With a beautiful kitty mug

And a box with an ominous warning that Santa had already given me instructions on how to proceed.
However I was not ready for what was inside. Something that had all of us crying. Something we had to put up immediately.

A garland, made by Santa herself with pics of our pets (did you knit the boots yourself?)

A closeup of the pics

OK

A cute card. Also inside a note explaining the gifts and sharing some stories.

What can I say? Ulillinguist you went above and beyond not only with the gifts themselves, but with the care and effort you put and I can't thank you enough. Merry late Christmas .

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I'm so glad everything arrived undamaged!
It was only after I shipped the package that I realized I did not claim the fake snow on the customs forms. So, when everything got stuck in customs, I was worried that it was probably not a wise idea to ship mysterious un-claimed white powders internationally. I'm glad nothing was opened or removed.

Palette swap posted:

Cute Lil Bub stationery, and a story...

Here's next to a Grumpy Cat decoration mom made out of a sweater (she uses second hand xmas clothes that are too hot to wear here to make them). She didn't know about either of them before so today learned about and fell in love with Bub after I showed her the real one, the same as with Grumpy last year.

Your mom is a very talented crafter and decorator! Grumpy cat is so adorable too, I'm a sucker for cats on the internet. :pusheen:

Palette swap posted:

A really fragrant soap that survived the trip intact.

A box full of tasty treats that are calling me rn

With a beautiful kitty mug

And a box with an ominous warning that Santa had already given me instructions on how to proceed.
However I was not ready for what was inside. Something that had all of us crying. Something we had to put up immediately.

A garland, made by Santa herself with pics of our pets (did you knit the boots yourself?)

What can I say? Ulillinguist you went above and beyond not only with the gifts themselves, but with the care and effort you put and I can't thank you enough. Merry late Christmas .

Oh my gosh! I'm so happy you and your family liked it! It was such a joy to make.
I did not knit the booties - I'm crafty, but I have never successfully finished a knitting project that I've started, lol. I was putting together the photos to craft some sort of garland to celebrate all your family's pets and happened to see the garland with pet-themed Christmas stockings at the store and bought it to assemble the whole thing together. I also keep my decorations up until the end of January. I hope the cattes enjoy their gift too.

Merry late Christmas!

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 27, 2023

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Did everyone get something from their Secret Santa now? Please make a comment if you haven't.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

RepeatingMeme posted:

Oh wait did I get you as a santee last year too? Dang sorry there might be a repeat gift in there! I just got the straggler gift delivered so ill be sending the last thing this week

Also i forgot to post when i got it, but my santa topenga sent me a wonderful box of SASSmas goodies! I still have to upload the pictures to show off, but thank you topenga you've utterly spoiled me this year :)

I'm so glad you liked it all!

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I liked doing this so much, I now want there to be a SASSS

Something Awful Summer Secret Santa.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Tsietisin posted:

ahem https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3400714

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Tsietisin posted:

years ago there use to be a Valentines one, but I haven't seen it in quite a long time (or maybe I just missed them) - last time we signed up years ago we got a penis and testicles soap on a rope, we kept it hanging on the door knob to the bathroom until it eventually just snapped (sorry penis soap).

Edit: Honestly this sass has cheered me up looking at all the pictures all december to mid January I get really depressed for personal reasons and I like looking at everyones presents and I am glad I got to join in this time!

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 7, 2023

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Ulillinguist posted:

Did everyone get something from their Secret Santa now? Please make a comment if you haven't.

I haven't yet, but my Santa has been in contact with me and is working on it. Regardless, I'm not worried at all, sending out some gifts to a random goon helped me feel like Christmas was far less lovely of a holiday.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

I haven't yet, but my Santa has been in contact with me and is working on it. Regardless, I'm not worried at all, sending out some gifts to a random goon helped me feel like Christmas was far less lovely of a holiday.

I'm glad to hear Santa is communicating. It seems no-one else is reporting they're missing a gift or communication from Santa, which gives me hope we've had a very successful SASS.

Shopping for and sending out a gift also helped a ton this year. I'm looking forward to next year already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Ulillinguist posted:

gives me hope we've had a very successful SASS.

As far as I can tell it has been!

Thanks to all of you for another excellent year. I really didn't expect to be starting a tradition the first time I ran this, and I'm beyond delighted with how it's turned out.
Closing the thread. See you all in November for next year!