Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Blessings upon you for running this nonsense tiaz.

I've registered. Here are some things about me:

Santa: #1 on my list is 1 weird and/or unique Christmas tree ornament, preferably only one or two because I'm running out of room on the tree for more. The general guide is that the harder it would be for me to replace the better (looking at you generic shiny balls). So that often means handmade, vintage, just plain weird, local, or some combo of those. I have a hand painted goatse ornament, felt clitoris, and Santaur hanging on the tree along with antique bird ornaments inherited from my Grandma if that gives you any ideas about the range of what is going on.

If you're looking for anything beyond that I'm a lady goon in her 30s, no kids or pets, I have a husband but he's unappreciative of SASS. Most of my free time goes to a plush making business on the side, but there are a handful of console video games I play. Beyond that I like unicorns, crew length socks with fun patterns, sewing, handmade plush, puns, and various weird things. I think local or handmade stuff is neato. My dislikes include bitter tastes, all spicy things, black licorice and coconut. Alcohol makes me sad and weepy and I'd rather not get illegal things in the mail. I’ll happily use the site messaging. When in doubt, go weird - BUT please keep the outside of the package relatively normal. I'm friends with my neighbors and sometimes they hold on to packages for us, right now they think I'm only a little weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Literally A Person posted:

YES! YES!!

Santee: GET READY MOTHERFUCKER WELCOME TO HELLLLLLL

oh my goodness things are getting real

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

kafkasgoldfish posted:

oh my goodness things are getting real

Just got a little excited

:blush:

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

I'm in for my ninth year of SASSMas! It is time for my yearly cut-and-paste of last year's greeting:

Hey Santa! You're stuck with me this year! Sorry about that, but hey... I'm a pretty easy-going guy, so it should be pretty simple for you. In fact, this info is pretty much a repost of last year's SASS post. It is super straightforward to find out details about who I am amongst all of the info in my SA profile, my website, and my posting history. I've also been pretty quick to respond to the SASS messaging in the past, so feel free to use that to get some details from me if you need to.

I study retrogaming hardware as a hobby, so if you happen to have a few Japanese SFC or PAL SNES cartridges sitting around that you don't want, this is your golden opportunity to get rid of them! Aside from that, feel free to send anything simple (coffee mugs, Christmas ornaments, local university stuff, etc.) that shows off landmarks or cities local to where you live. I also like to receive any handmade things that will remind me in the years to come of my very nice SASS 2022 Santa who is a very thoughtful person (and who would definitely never show up at my house to stab me and my family in our faces).

Wait, did I say I have a family? I did! I have a wife, a 16 year-old daughter, a Corgi, and a Cavalier:

Because they are all also going to be checking out any gifts that you send, please don't send any NSFW stuff! All of them have to live with me, and that is already traumatizing enough for them as it is without bringing NSFW packages from the internet into the mix.

Hey Santee! I will do what I can to make this a good SASSmas for you! My track record is pretty good in this regard, and it will be even better if you post what you want in the goddamn thread. I also try to get in touch with my Santees really quickly via the SASS site after the assignments go out. Other than that, though...

... get excited.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Year 7 of Sassmas!

When the thread closed last year, my last post mentioned that my gift had been lost in the mail, to no fault of my Santa. However a lot later it actually did show up, I think in March or so? Really late anyway, but everything intact and worth waiting for!

---

Santa: Here's specific things I like, but it's just to get ideas.

-Bird themed stuff, especially parrots. Still have my three, they're still assholes :3:
-I do art stuff and collect concept art books ("The Art of ---"). Dinosaur figurines, non ceramic dragons, things with interesting horns, skulls etc for drawing references are A+
-Love D&D podcasts and sketching relevant stuff, but haven't played before. D&D books are cool for both gaming and drawing references, I've received a Monster Manual and Fizban's Guide via SASSmas and they're both still in regular use!
-Local food and items are cool, handmade things are cool, you're cool

No to liquorice, American chocolate, glitter, poo. NSFW stuff is fine

Santee: Hope you like art, chocolate, local tat, and bees. I also like doing art for my Santee, who knows?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Hello my SASS dearies!

I was bad last year and didn't post photos of what I received, but to be sure, my Santa sent me things off my wishlist and I was very thankful. Just busy and there were some other things going on for me then. Now I'm back! I don't even know how many years I've been in this, close to 10. Maybe more? Happy to do it again, hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

e: If you need ideas you can message me on the site. Christmas ornaments would be cool too!

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 3, 2022

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Ayeee I'll register after work yesss

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
Tiaz,

I want to sincerely thank you for running SASS! It means a lot to me. I was unable to participate for the last 2 years due to personal problems, but now I can participate harder than ever! SASSmas is truly a time of holiday cheer!

This is one of the two big things I'm looking forward to this Christmas season. I can't begin to express how excited I am to begin shopping and crafting stuff for my santee. In the meantime I'll just be sipping my coffee and watching the snowfall at work while I wait for assignments. :comfyoot: Thank you again!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It is a great idea. It's fun reading all these posts and alternately thinking "oohh I have just the thing for that person!" and "oh no, please no, aaaaaaa"

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Dear santa,

My name is repeating meme and ive been a very good poster this year.

I love maps and to learn about history. I like to read old sci fi magazines, watch low-budget / poorly written movies, and be outside when its not rainy as hell here in the pacific northwest. I regularly volunteer at a local film society in a 100 year old movie theater. I like to take dance classes, and im learning to do aerial/silks as well.

No allergies, and its been a delicious treat getting local snacks from wherever my santa hails from. I like my coffee and chocolate dark, have been known to drink and marijuana, and if youre a crafty goon id love to get whatever it is you like making! Clothing size im usually a men's small. NSFW gifts are fine

One of my favorite secret santa gifts was a framed picture of an owl some goon took, which still hangs on my wall. I also got a thumb drive last year filled with various forgotten internet videos / lore which was very cool.

Happy SASS,
Repeating Meme

RepeatingMeme fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 7, 2022

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Going to have to skip this year.
It looks like my vocational school course is ending much earlier than anticipated, so I need to focus on these last weeks. Also the looming energy crisis in Finland is ever present, so I need every bit of extra money I can have.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Hi Santa!

I’m 37 and married with two kids. I used to read books, write and craft but now I mostly herd my two girls, cook, clean and collapse on the couch.

I love the gym and I try to not eat too much in the way of sweets, but if you’ve got something regional that’s amazing and I just have to try, then send it by all means. I am Australian and love Australian music, rock predominantly. I listen to a lot of tropical fuckstorm, the drones, amyl and the sniffers and the dirty three.

I like lots of things and honestly anything will be appreciated.

I’ll try to get my act together and make something for my Santee.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Rabbit rabbit, I nearly loving missed out if you can believe that poo poo

I guess Covid will do that to you. I dodged that poo poo for 2 years, 10 months, and after getting 4 nanoprobes in me, it got past. So santee, I'll cough on everything before it goes out. I'm kidding. I will not ship until I know I'm in the clear and things have been disinfected for good measure.

Santa- I'm now a 37 year old guy that reads these loving forums. I'm an XL (lol). My interests include painting and all kinds of art poo poo, 3D printing(FDM), BMXing, the devil's lettuce, cooking, and I recently for the first time got into DND and it's rad as gently caress. I like video games, I like beer, I like snacks. I love oddities, and bones. Witchy punk is my home decor. Basically I'm a dilettante and pretty easy to shop for. If that's too scattered, I'm very communicative on the SASS site.

Santee- man, I don't loving know. You get what you loving get and by signing up you forgo your right to be disappointed, join the class-action-lawsuit, or press any new charges. You also voided the warranty by being assigned me.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Incidentally, can anyone fill me in on the legality of posting animal skulls internationally? Out of Australia specifically.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Tree Bucket posted:

Incidentally, can anyone fill me in on the legality of posting animal skulls internationally? Out of Australia specifically.

:justpost: :skeltal: but honestly, I dunno

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

Rabbit rabbit, I nearly loving missed out if you can believe that poo poo

I guess Covid will do that to you. I dodged that poo poo for 2 years, 10 months, and after getting 4 nanoprobes in me, it got past. So santee, I'll cough on everything before it goes out. I'm kidding. I will not ship until I know I'm in the clear and things have been disinfected for good measure.

Santa- I'm now a 37 year old guy that reads these loving forums. I'm an XL (lol). My interests include painting and all kinds of art poo poo, 3D printing(FDM), BMXing, the devil's lettuce, cooking, and I recently for the first time got into DND and it's rad as gently caress. I like video games, I like beer, I like snacks. I love oddities, and bones. Witchy punk is my home decor. Basically I'm a dilettante and pretty easy to shop for. If that's too scattered, I'm very communicative on the SASS site.

Santee- man, I don't loving know. You get what you loving get and by signing up you forgo your right to be disappointed, join the class-action-lawsuit, or press any new charges. You also voided the warranty by being assigned me.

I want to say I have an awesome art piece by droogie I got from SASS years ago, and when I moved stuff on my desk and the painting was obscured, my mom threw a huge fit and told me to reorganize so everyone could see the painting.

And I did.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Are we allowed to post some SASS past stuff we still have? This gets hung up with our Christmas decorations every year:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Oh I'll post my ornaments that I've received over the years once I unpack them.

Sidenote: Santa, please send an ornament, I finally have a full size tree.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I want to say I have an awesome art piece by droogie I got from SASS years ago, and when I moved stuff on my desk and the painting was obscured, my mom threw a huge fit and told me to reorganize so everyone could see the painting.

And I did.

That's hilarious.

Also Cowslips is rad and if you are their Santee, you're in good hands.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Tree Bucket posted:

I think bones count as "biological materials" which are prohibited according to Australian postal service

I also learned that there is a place called Kangaroo Island which is a bee sanctuary. :australia: :love:

And I think we need a sass bee emote lol

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I love reading this thread so much!

You are all such amazing people! (No, I cannot sign up, and you really would not want my gift traditions)

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

People should post ornaments they've made/received, I could use some inspiration!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

digitalist posted:

People should post ornaments they've made/received, I could use some inspiration!

Nail polish ornaments (shatterproof!) are the best to make especially if you have kids.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

nashona posted:

I think bones count as "biological materials" which are prohibited according to Australian postal service

I also learned that there is a place called Kangaroo Island which is a bee sanctuary. :australia: :love:

And I think we need a sass bee emote lol

Aww, they won't let us have any fun.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
I just want to be the first to post an :ohdearsass:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Now, truly, the SASS curse has been cast upon us all.

Edit: Holy effin' yikes, JointHorse. :(

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 3, 2022

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Cowslips Warren posted:

Nail polish ornaments (shatterproof!) are the best to make especially if you have kids.

Shatterproof/not breakable in general is good. I got a glass ball with melted crayons and glitter coating the inside one year for SASS and it lasted for a couple years and then my husband dropped it.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tree Bucket posted:

Aww, they won't let us have any fun.

Order something from the country your Santee is located in! Unless you have a super special specific skull you're trying to send out.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
WE GET ASSIGNED TOMORROW.

I am ready!

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Oh yeah the best part of the year finally arrived (even more this year because holy poo poo)

Dear Santa
I'll be more than happy with anything that you send. The only thing would be not booze, otherwise go nuts. You can also inquire within if you want more info

Dear Santee
I'm absolutely sorry but while every year I try to include something handmade I don't think I'll be able to this time because again holy loving poo poo this year

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

HOLY gently caress I MADE IT JUST IN TIME THIS YEAR

Uh, hi Santa. I hope you know God cause this year I’d really like it if you could kick his loving rear end for killing off nearly all my family members in 2022.

If you can’t do that, you should know that I’m a 35 year old goonette who lives in the wastelands of the bottom of British Columbia where the ocean bit is. I’m married to a 40 year old Sasquatch. We both love Pokémon, leather, and good food/chocolate. What I usually ask for is something local to you - I would love it if you share things you love about where you live.

PS: This profile looks young but I lost my old one, I’ve been on here for at least 15 years.

Santee, you might get something totally garbage if you didn’t leave anything in the thread. Maybe if you did. I have no idea this year. Good luck!

Edit: the best gift I ever got was two hand painted portraits of my cats, Whitey and Ginger. Sadly Whitey passed away this year, but the insane girl lived to 21 and two months, so she had one hell of a run! I’m so glad to have those portraits though.

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 4, 2022

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
I have been doing this for quite a few years at this point, looking forward to it.

I don't have a family or pets or anything. I like useful tools for making things, Unlikely monsters, Unusual treasures, contemporary art stuff, Bootleg things, things that exist in the uncanny valley. I choose a new skill to learn each year and this year it is crochet, I am a super beginner but I have a starter kit and am working on trying to get decent. My favorite movie of the year was Everything Everywhere All at Once. Favorite color is blue or teal. I like fun stuff! What else? Not really into gross out stuff or super branded things. I don't need any clothing or books right now. I don't eat anything homemade from the internet for safety reasons. I love stuff that is interesting or strange or just practical.

Some of my favorite gifts I've gotten in the past were dremel/powertools, various hobby kits (felting, dioramas, acrylic pouring, Karakuri papercraft, etc.), a mug that turns dinosaurs to skeletons when you add hot water, a very fun videogame, a little Labo kit, a plush angler fish, I wore out a very comfortable and soft cotton Adventure Time shirt I got from SASS till it fell to pieces, little neat objects people have made, a bootleg Thomas the tank engine transformer, a tiny statue of a dying merman head thing - but send whatever you like.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

ChickenDoodle posted:

Edit: the best gift I ever got was two hand painted portraits of my cats, Whitey and Ginger. Sadly Whitey passed away this year, but the insane girl lived to 21 and two months, so she had one hell of a run! I’m so glad to have those portraits though.

I wonder if we had the same Santa at different points? I too have gotten two hand painted portraits of my cats and they're probably my very favorite things I've gotten from SASS, and I've gotten a lot of cool stuff!

Also I'm right with you on gently caress 2022 for similar reasons, I'm sorry for your losses.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

GET HYPED

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

scorpiobean posted:

I wonder if we had the same Santa at different points? I too have gotten two hand painted portraits of my cats and they're probably my very favorite things I've gotten from SASS, and I've gotten a lot of cool stuff!

Also I'm right with you on gently caress 2022 for similar reasons, I'm sorry for your losses.

It took me until now to remember but it was Hemlock! I know they did portraits lots of times so yeah, maybe!

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Droogie posted:

GET HYPED

TIME FOR ANAPHYLAXIS

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

It is a great idea. It's fun reading all these posts and alternately thinking "oohh I have just the thing for that person!" and "oh no, please no, aaaaaaa"

Yes, me too! Because I was thinking I have the craft supplies to make a...

Tree Bucket posted:

oh, okay I guess our minds went to different places there. Good luck on shipping skulls from the outback then! :lol:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Droogie posted:

GET HYPED

I'll keep checking back in today. SO HYPED! :f5h::synthy:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
c'mon email give me something gooood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Cowslips Warren posted:

c'mon email give me something gooood!

REQUEST FULFILLED

You should have an email with your santee somewhere! Failing that, log in to the site and it will tell you what's up. Get cracking! :buddy: