Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Droogie posted:

Here's where the real magic is, though- hand painted ornaments of my cats.

What in the world; these are absolutely adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Is my hypothesis correct?!
:ohdearsass::ohdearsass::ohdearsass:

MALÖÖÖÖÖÖÖRT!

I'd never even heard of Malort until last year until my Secret Santa sent me some and seriously what is it???

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I got my Sassmas from Lamb! So cool! that bag of treats the 2 kitties I have kept circling around me to let me give them more so it was kind of hard to get a decent picture of them. But I will only give a couple at a time and that little cat teaser with a bee on it is amazing, I will be running around letting them chase it. Bee stickers, also A magnet thet I put on my fridge next to my lizzie borden magnet. - I will probably put most of the bee stickers on my bicycle

Also that wonder woman picture thingy is amazing!!!!! My husband is going to hate me when I hang it up where I want lol! (I have 4 Wonder Woman posters, a Catwoman (Batman Returns Michelle Pfeiffer) and a Psylocke poster hanging in the living room, ha ha ha ha)

E: Also lots of bees in the package, I will probably be finding them forever. But it will be a nice surprise when I find them lol.

E2 okay I went to go back to take another picture but there was a cat sleeping on top of everything! At least I got a picture of 1 of the kitties!

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 20, 2022

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

A SASS package showed up from the awesome csammis today! BEHOLD!

Included in the SASSMas haul are:

- A mug showing off six buildings of the majestic Kansas City skyline sticking out of a cup.
- A bottle of "Joe's Kansas City" BBQ sauce. Since I smoke brisket and ribs all of the time, I'm definitely going to give this a shot.
- A bag of dog treats for my pups! They'll be all over these, I'm sure.
- Four packs of very nice chocolate from Kansas City chocolatier Christopher Elbow Chocolates! My wife and daughter have already descended upon these like a plague of locusts.
- A nice, albeit brief, greeting card. csammis is a gentleman of few words who prefers to let his acts of kindness speak for him. The card was full of a variety of stickers suitable for pimping out a laptop or pets that don't escape quickly enough!

And finally, a homemade figurine that I can only describe as a "logic analyzer mimic". CHECK THIS THING OUT:

If you don't slum it in SH/SC like csammis and I do, you probably have no idea what a logic analyzer is. It's a device that you use to collect and analyze digital logic signals in circuits to reconstruct data bus traffic (among other things). This figurine does a pretty good job of capturing the terror and chaos of using one of these gizmos in a complicated circuit:

The figurine now resides in my electronics work area, right next to the 3-D printer:

Top notch Santa-ing, csammis! Merry SASSMas!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Christopher Elbow story: I used to work at a hardware store and his wife came in and bought a bunch of PVC plumbing elbows. Because I am an idiot, I was like, "Heh... your name is Elbow and you're buying elbows" and she gave me an appropriately disgusted look.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

hendersa posted:

A SASS package showed up from the awesome csammis today! BEHOLD!

Awesome, I'm so glad everything made it in one piece! Glad you like the mimic :D

The picture on the mug is in the shape of a shuttlecock, which are Kansas-City-famous for being sculptures on the lawn of a true Kansas City institution: the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum

A very merry SASSMas to you!!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Christopher Elbow story: I used to work at a hardware store and his wife came in and bought a bunch of PVC plumbing elbows. Because I am an idiot, I was like, "Heh... your name is Elbow and you're buying elbows" and she gave me an appropriately disgusted look.

:lmao:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
There may be another goon getting a DIFFERENT shuttlecock mug in the near future (depending on shipping time). :ninja:

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...

hendersa posted:

And finally, a homemade figurine that I can only describe as a "logic analyzer mimic". CHECK THIS THING OUT:

That is really neat!!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

spouse posted:

and here he is protecting the city:

So many handsome cats in this thread!

Ars Arcanum posted:

Hey, those gifts look familiar—

Ahh, you were my Santee!!! I still live in a city where there’s a bunch of Moravian culture (and they still make pretty baller sweets and lovely pure beeswax candles with the pretty red ruffles for their Christmas vespers service).

And I still have a ton of little wooden snowmen I painted with my mom as a kid, and nail polish ornaments I’m still giving away.

Welcome back to SASS, friend! And condolences on losing your lovely kitties. I’ve lost four of my own since that SASSmas. :sympathy:

Oh my goodness, hello again! I've never seen a Moravian, but I remember their cookies and mints you sent were dipped in my coffee every morning. The candle I still have and never burned, lol.

I'm so sorry for your many losses as well. And I want to thank you for the beautiful and delightful gifts! and the ornaments are still on my annual tree. :keke:

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Santa has arrived!!

Many thanks to my mystery Santa from Utah for getting stuff organised to ship to me here in Australia!

Pic below of my haul, a many splendoured thing:

Cross stitch patterns, a novel for the holidays, spices, tea and toys. Very generous and very appreciated.

Thank you so much Santa!!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I know it is late but my oldest orange cat that I posted is wondering around looking for the bee string thing. He absolutely loves it. I probably should have hidden it in the desk, but he is old and figure let him have fun!!!!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I got my Sassmas from Lamb! So cool! that bag of treats the 2 kitties I have kept circling around me to let me give them more so it was kind of hard to get a decent picture of them. But I will only give a couple at a time and that little cat teaser with a bee on it is amazing, I will be running around letting them chase it. Bee stickers, also A magnet thet I put on my fridge next to my lizzie borden magnet. - I will probably put most of the bee stickers on my bicycle

Also that wonder woman picture thingy is amazing!!!!! My husband is going to hate me when I hang it up where I want lol! (I have 4 Wonder Woman posters, a Catwoman (Batman Returns Michelle Pfeiffer) and a Psylocke poster hanging in the living room, ha ha ha ha)

E: Also lots of bees in the package, I will probably be finding them forever. But it will be a nice surprise when I find them lol.

E2 okay I went to go back to take another picture but there was a cat sleeping on top of everything! At least I got a picture of 1 of the kitties!

Yay! My cat loves the bee thing and those treats are her favorite, so I'm glad your cats are happy!

Meanwhile, in my mailbox:

Hey! I know that person! It's Barclayed from the goonmail thread!

It's the ghost with the most! I love him! Also not pictured: chocolate that my kid ran off with. Thank you so much. You've brought such a smile to my face, you have no idea. I love Sassmas.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I need to find a new place for the treats, I put them in my desk drawer nut now the one has been crawling all over me trying to open the drawer while the other meows and is waiting for him to get them out lol. I should probably put they high in the kitchen cabinet or something.

Temptations has always been their favorites but we mostly this year have been using greenies for their dental health - nor sure if those really do anything but it makes me feel better I guess lol.

And thank you so much Lamb. The cats are getting a kick out of their presents, and I already hung the Wonder Woman thingie on my living room wall, lol.

E: I was hammering a nail into the wall as quietly as possible but I was probably louder than I think I was hahaha!

E2 also Krampus card! and "Piss Tape is real" sticker which will go on to my screen door. - nice cyper stalkinging knowing I post in the Trump LOL thread, he he.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 20, 2022

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Alright santa, your utter silence is mysteriously compelling but troubling at this point.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I need to find a new place for the treats, I put them in my desk drawer nut now the one has been crawling all over me trying to open the drawer while the other meows and is waiting for him to get them out lol. I should probably put they high in the kitchen cabinet or something.

Temptations has always been their favorites but we mostly this year have been using greenies for their dental health - nor sure if those really do anything but it makes me feel better I guess lol.

And thank you so much Lamb. The cats are getting a kick out of their presents, and I already hung the Wonder Woman thingie on my living room wall, lol.

E: I was hammering a nail into the wall as quietly as possible but I was probably louder than I think I was hahaha!

E2 also Krampus card! and "Piss Tape is real" sticker which will go on to my screen door. - nice cyper stalkinging knowing I post in the Trump LOL thread, he he.

I'm so glad you like the painting! I got it directly from the artist at the Punk Rock Flea Market in Trenton. The pee tape sticker was actually made by a goon I believe. I bought a bunch of them a while back and send them out when I come across someone I think will appreciate them.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

lamb posted:

I'm so glad you like the painting! I got it directly from the artist at the Punk Rock Flea Market in Trenton. The pee tape sticker was actually made by a goon I believe. I bought a bunch of them a while back and send them out when I come across someone I think will appreciate them.

Love it. I have never been to trenton before unless it counts driving trough to get to the halfway point in Tarrytown/ Sleepy Hollow to get to a suburb near Hartford CT lol.

But now I like it even more! I loved it to begin with.

There was a batman card thingiey insided of it but well I dont pay much attenetion to batman but I have it! might take me a second an I might have to double post.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

nunsexmonkrock posted:

There was a batman card thingiey insided of it

That's the artist's business card :)

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yes lits on top of my laptop at the moment. It's
hard to tell with the other cat that keeps biting my foot lol.

Ah I don't have ticktock, recently deleted my twitter - Bu I have linked in and faceboock for now. Would it be appropriate to compliment?

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 21, 2022

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Guys, look, I'm gonna be real bummed if I get the short end of the SASS stick again this year (this not a dig at Cone of Tragedy, I've never known someone to absolutely make it right like that).

But that said, I think I get the most enjoyment from GIVING gifts.

So I hope you've sent your santee something already. It's SASSMAS this weekend!

I know I've sent out a gift this year....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9j5RGfwz8

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
that is a LOT of mealworms

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I’m tracking my Santee and Santa packages and I’m very excite!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

that is a LOT of mealworms

Go big or go home. Or go home and go big, idgaf

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
OH poo poo someone's about to get SANTA'D. Who could it be?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

Guys, look, I'm gonna be real bummed if I get the short end of the SASS stick again this year (this not a dig at Cone of Tragedy, I've never known someone to absolutely make it right like that).

I haev not heard from my Santa either, so worst case, we Santee each other!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Droogie posted:

Enough meal worms to feed a whole army of chickens.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I haev not heard from my Santa either, so worst case, we Santee each other!

I don't know if I have enough mealworms left over

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

I don't know if I have enough mealworms left over

My hedgehog Munna gets horrible shits if he gets mealworms (well, maybe. My older hedgehog did, and Munna loves himself chicken and eggs.) so I am fine without mealworms.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I got word of my package being on the way! However, these past two weeks have been kicking my rear end hard. I WILL have a package and tracking number out by the end of the week, I promise.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Droogie posted:

Alright santa, your utter silence is mysteriously compelling but troubling at this point.

Also chiming in to say my santa is cloaked in a shroud of mysterious silence.

EDIT: I have to eat my words. A message was given, I just failed to check my email today. :peanut:

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 21, 2022

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Droogie posted:

This is a fantastic video! Thank you for providing a tour of your Christmas "tree". You have a delightful collection of very unique ornaments and that's an impressive quantity of mealworms!

There is a blizzard expected for tomorrow and the temperatures are already sub-zero where I am, so I am very jealous of your wood burning fireplace! It looks especially cozy.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe this holiday week. I'm hunkered down with the closest thing I have to a fireplace, and that's my electric heat pad and tea. :fluffy:

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
:siren: ATTENTION SANTEE: YOUR PACKAGE HAS BEEN DISPATCHED :siren:

It's nothing too special but I hope you like the contents!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gertrude Perkins posted:

:siren: ATTENTION SANTEE: YOUR PACKAGE HAS BEEN DISPATCHED :siren:

It's nothing too special but I hope you like the contents!

Nice work SANTA

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Droogie posted:

Incredible decor, as always. I can't imagine how I would react to opening a box so full of... gifts... like that.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Got to open my SASS package today, to reveal this

Thanks, Viruswithshoes!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

What's this in the mail? A weird art book based on an obscure forgotten war, filled with rail maps, architectural drawings and painstakingly-drawn steamships?
SECRET SANTA THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
It's one of those presents that is so Me that I'm now wondering if my santa knows me irl???

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 21, 2022

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

My santee has not replied yet. It's been two weeks since I sent out the package, too. I don't have tracking so I don't know if it's arrived or what's going on :ohdear:

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Battle Pigeon posted:

Got to open my SASS package today, to reveal this

Thanks, Viruswithshoes!

You’re so welcome! Apologies it wasn’t a personalised box of goodness, but hopefully you’ll get your art history rocks off with it.

Have a great Xmas!!

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

femcastra posted:

Santa has arrived!!

Many thanks to my mystery Santa from Utah for getting stuff organised to ship to me here in Australia!

Pic below of my haul, a many splendoured thing:

Cross stitch patterns, a novel for the holidays, spices, tea and toys. Very generous and very appreciated.

Thank you so much Santa!!

Oh wow lol that wasn’t all, there’s more!!

Bread flour, to go with the yeast, plant food, a bike cover and exercise band, other assorted herbs/spices. I am going to be busy!!

I am just about to get back into bike riding with my oldest starting school in the new year and getting a bike for Christmas, so it’s perfect timing too.

Thanks Santa, super generous!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thank you to DeadMansSuspenders for a lovely gift package, including a book I’ll use to introduce my kids to The Far Side (and maybe Cthulhu). There were also some delicious chocolates that one of the kids disappeared with before I could take a picture (but at least she saved one for me).

Very grateful for the thoughtfulness! LMK if you’re ever up here in Toronto!

(Apologies for the delay in posting!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Incredible decor, as always. I can't imagine how I would react to opening a box so full of... gifts... like that.

The best part is most people will never need to worry about opening such a gift. In fact, I think you only need to fret if you received a tracking number ending in 5834.

Hypothetically. :ohdearsass: