Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
This is SASS year 11 or 12 for me, I think, except the one time when I neglected to verify my account.

I am a 36 year old woman living in Kansas City with my non-goon husband. I have a cat, Vesta (see avatar) who doesn't really like most stereotypical cat stuff except crunchy treats, but I also volunteer with a cat rescue so anything she doesn't care for will go to SOMEONE who appreciates it.

Here is a list of my likes/hobbies/etc, but honestly last year I got a bunch of random fun toys and snacks and that was a blast so go hog wild. The only things that are a hard NO are scented lotions/candles (migraine trigger) and NWS.

--My main hobbies are sewing (quilts mostly), reading, thrifting, cat shelter stuff, embroidery, and my aquarium
--I collect vintage and antique jewelry, especially brooches
--Things I like include bugs, occult imagery, the color turquoise, cats, fun knee socks, slightly larger than usual coffee cups, baked goods, handmade and local goodies

You can expect:
--something handmade from me
--some local stuff
--probably something weird from the thrift store
--bees

edit: OH I need ornaments! we finally got a full size tree this year and it will be quite naked

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 27, 2022

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Yes, if my Santa would like to pay for a contractor to tear down and rebuild the terrible back room of my house, that would be fine too.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Oh I'll post my ornaments that I've received over the years once I unpack them.

Sidenote: Santa, please send an ornament, I finally have a full size tree.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Cowslips Warren posted:

Nail polish ornaments (shatterproof!) are the best to make especially if you have kids.

Shatterproof/not breakable in general is good. I got a glass ball with melted crayons and glitter coating the inside one year for SASS and it lasted for a couple years and then my husband dropped it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Christopher Elbow story: I used to work at a hardware store and his wife came in and bought a bunch of PVC plumbing elbows. Because I am an idiot, I was like, "Heh... your name is Elbow and you're buying elbows" and she gave me an appropriately disgusted look.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
There may be another goon getting a DIFFERENT shuttlecock mug in the near future (depending on shipping time). :ninja:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
that is a LOT of mealworms

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
A package addressed to "Iam YourHeart" arrived! Inside were Korean snacks, which I am excited to try (red bean ginseng gummy was... interesting)

and a box wrapped in tissue paper (which I kept for future reuse)

It contained two cherry blossom tea mugs. The cat enjoyed the wrapping paper as well.

Thank you Pacific Santa! I did not see your username anywhere but I might have missed it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Yes, the strainers are in there, you just can't see them very well in the picture.

Looking forward to feeding these gummies to my coworkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Thank you so much Santa! I wasn't sure if that was your username on the front of the package so I'll let you reveal yourself if you so choose. I love all the gifts!

It was me!

edit: I liked that picture of your cat so much I photocopied it for my bulletin board at work

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 7, 2023