Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
SAAASSSSS

I'm also getting the server error-->name taken problem. I'll try again later I guess?
e: oop it works now!
But SASS is great. Last year I got a hand-stitched festive Vlad the Impaler decorative wall hanging!!

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Is there a way we can edit the 'likes' and 'dislikes' field after registering? Currently it only allows me to edit the country I'm in and my choice to send packages to space, but i unfortunately didn't put enough info in the 'likes' category when filling it out. 'Chocolate' is not sufficient information about me, I'm a rich and nuanced not-at-all-pre-diabetic human being

Wait, the weird other fields actually do something? I just threw nonsense in there.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hello santa. I am a skinny late 30s goon. I like the same stuff I did when I was 8: dinosaurs, astronomy, history, painting, drawing, and whatever wildlife you've got. Handmade things and boring everyday things from other parts of the world are happily accepted. Just nothing too NSFW as my kids watch the mailbox like hawks this time of year. No to alcohol but yes to other mouth-hole things.
Hello santee. I apologise in advance for the horrible delay you're going to suffer through, while our postal service dudes battle through swarms of crocodiles, mosquitoes, drop-bears, spiders, emus, etc etc.

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 22, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It is a great idea. It's fun reading all these posts and alternately thinking "oohh I have just the thing for that person!" and "oh no, please no, aaaaaaa"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Incidentally, can anyone fill me in on the legality of posting animal skulls internationally? Out of Australia specifically.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

nashona posted:

I think bones count as "biological materials" which are prohibited according to Australian postal service

I also learned that there is a place called Kangaroo Island which is a bee sanctuary. :australia: :love:

And I think we need a sass bee emote lol

Aww, they won't let us have any fun.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

This is Metric. He is a very good dog, but terrible to photograph owing to his colour. Basically looks like a blob.
The goose is named goose; she is a goose. My kid played a lot of untitled goose game when she was 7 and it was a formative experience.
Metric is called Metric because his breed is what I picture when I hear the word "dog": he's the standard dog size, the regular dog shape, he's just one metric dog.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

nunsexmonkrock posted:

OMG Everytime I visit my in-laws we get a duckie for thier dog. This time though we got a Squirrle because we think we bought all the ducks. But she loved it and took it immediately and hid it next to my father-in-laws head.

E: sorry goose and not a duck.

Dogs and geese go together really well.
Mostly.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
A beautiful miracle.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

What's this in the mail? A weird art book based on an obscure forgotten war, filled with rail maps, architectural drawings and painstakingly-drawn steamships?
SECRET SANTA THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
It's one of those presents that is so Me that I'm now wondering if my santa knows me irl???

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 21, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Subjunctive posted:

I may never know.

(struggles to remember grammar terms)
Post... username... combo...??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Palette swap posted:

Hey, that took way less to arrive than expected!
While this year I had to outsource the gift giving to Amazon, I still tried to give it a local flavour so I picked stuff based on local history, and that's basically our most important war after independence. I'm so glad you like it and just fyi there are 2 more books on your way.
Merry Christmas santee.

Huzzah! Another history book about a part of the world I know nothing about has arrived in the post, from the other side of the planet. Thanks Palette Swap, these are excellent!
I'm currently reading about a Chilean miner who gave away twelve fourths of his fortune (not a typo)...

csammis posted:

I got a message from my Santa earlier in the month saying that due to international post my package wouldn't arrive until January. WELL I GUESS A SASSMAS MIRACLE OCCURRED because it was waiting on my doorstep when I came home today!

I was advised that the customs form might spoil the surprises so I closed my eyes and cut at it with a knife until the paper came off (I am very smart). I did look at the return address before commencing with the stabbing: it hails from the mysterious land of Temora, NSW, Aus-tral-ia. I'll be damned!

First thing I see is a Simpsons meme in Christmas card form, fuckin :lol:

And some packages wrapped in very nice music paper!

First off there is an awesome bird photography book documenting the avian wildlife of Temora, complete with very informative passages on living with these beautiful creatures

I must have been a good goon because there is a framed display of the Temoran geology and its many rocks! And uh, good luck with whatever your neighbor's got going on.

A painting of my dogs! This really means a lot to me, thank you friend. Ember (on the left) passed away from old age very recently and I miss her every day. This is going right up on the wall over my desk :glomp:

And finally, local dark chocolate covered licorice! As promised by the note it was not sweet at all and lmy wife and I rather like them

Jax (on the right in the painting) was sitting like a good boy hoping for a taste - not likely my guy - when our new puppy Mila kramered into the scene and tried to stick her tongue into the bag. gently caress's sake.

Thank you so much to my unnamed ausgoon Santa! :greatgift:

Awesome! I'm glad that weird little geology exhibit arrived unscathed, I was really stressing about that.
I'm glad you liked the doggo painting, and even more glad that the new beast didn't manage to eat any chocolate.