Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Where is DQ3 HD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

Where is DQ3 HD

It's in the Future. We will need to find a means to travel there.

...but is it art?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat, did they rebalance DQ5 a lot for the DS remake?? I'm in the fairy world in the early part of the PS2 version and enemies seem a lot stronger than I remember and I'm doing quite a bit of grinding

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

20 hours in after 3 days (that's obscene for me). I'm at Octagonia. I am concerned that I may never play another JRPG as good as this.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

20 hours in after 3 days (that's obscene for me). I'm at Octagonia. I am concerned that I may never play another JRPG as good as this.

Fear not: Dragon Quest XII is already in development.

...but is it art?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Draconian Quest implementation is all very weird and questionable all around

It's like they relegated the standard fare harder difficulty options to a sub-menu but wanted to fill it out more so they added toggles for goofy romhack dialogue replacement and "sometimes you'll randomly have a panic attack" etc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lobster Harmonica posted:

It's like they relegated the standard fare harder difficulty options to a sub-menu but wanted to fill it out more so they added toggles for goofy romhack dialogue replacement and "sometimes you'll randomly have a panic attack" etc

That's all weird enough but I more mean things like not being able to turn them on and off at will, only letting you turn on a certain amount of them freely etc. Wtf this is not a game that otherwise imposes arbitrary stupid poo poo on players, just let me do what I want

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its because they were added at the last second for the international release with minimal play testing, due to western gamers being wetbrained soulstards who need to have their holes punished by slimes doing quintuple damage for some reason.

or they're totally redundant like the only using craftable stuff one which is what youll do for 90% of the game anyway.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my brain is as dry as fine saharan sands

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Fear not: Dragon Quest XII is already in development.

:lfgoo:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

50 hours in a week man, I can't stop. I was not expecting a FF6-esque twist; the final Searching for Friends moments were awesome. When it took a bit to show her face I thought 'Punished Serena', but nope she's fine. Then you find Veronica right after that and pieces fall into place. Top 10 GOAT.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lol. serena would be bad rear end with an eyepatch, though

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

:hai:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

the only thing that would improve Act 2 Serena

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm about to go Chrono Trigger here, is it a point of no return? There are other pink dots on the map right now

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
I gotta replay XI sometime with picking the different upgrade path for all the characters just to see what it's like

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I'm about to go Chrono Trigger here, is it a point of no return? There are other pink dots on the map right now

dog we keep saying you can't miss anything

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

okee doke here we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1LDIPBWjtU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

Some quests can become temporarily inaccessible, but nothing is permanently missable.

...but is it art?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i started dragon quest v the other day and just got past the time skip, it owns so far. it's also the first time i've used a boomerang in DQ, i shouldn't have waited so long

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Dragon Warrior/Quest?

Yeah I know it:

No I dunno what happened to the rest of the Stacking Slime set and I also have a Concert CD but its probably a bootleg but oh well.

But order of completion for me:
1 NES, 2 NES, 4 NES, 1-3 GBC, 4-6 DS.

I should try to get around to beating and or playing the rest but I just got around in 2023 to playing through Blood and Might n Magic 6, 7, and 8. I have so many goddamn games I don't remember half of what I have like the pos I am. I just buy cheap is all.

Hell, I decided my next game to go back to is another mid 90s RPG but I wanted to do more first person crawling:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

badass

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

New Dragon Quest Monsters is being developed for the Switch: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/14265-square-enix-confirms-a-new-dragon-quest-monsters-game-is-in-development-for-nintendo-switch

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:lfgoo:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Infinity Strash

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Infinity Strash

Infinitys Trash

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

got the itch and started up a fresh dragon quest 8 playthrough. love the guv

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I've played a few hours of 9 and I don't know how this followed 8. Ugly, slow, framerate issues, and back to faceless mooks for a party instead of real characters. I'd rather replay 8 and do the postgame this time.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

bees x1000 posted:

I've played a few hours of 9 and I don't know how this followed 8. Ugly, slow, framerate issues, and back to faceless mooks for a party instead of real characters. I'd rather replay 8 and do the postgame this time.

They wanted to make a game for the DS because Japan loving loves handhelds but they ran into the DS computing limitations.

They made a 3DS version of 11. That’s how much Japan is in the handheld game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

I like that the equipment shows up on your character and job systems ftw. But it's probably the most soulless DQ, story, characters, writing, structure. It's kind of sad. But still fun to play

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

In Training posted:

equipment shows up on your character

I guess they were really proud of this because displaying 4 party members all the time is what tanks the framerate. I'm not hating the game but it's not bringing me back.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They wanted to make a game for the DS because Japan loving loves handhelds but they ran into the DS computing limitations.

They made a 3DS version of 11. That’s how much Japan is in the handheld game

get this, nintendo even made a home console that you can take with you on the go when your not gaming on the tv. its insane how much we kowtow to this portable gaming bullshit when out here in the west

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Every game is portable if you're strong enough.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

i definitely considered plugging my wiiu in on a plane and gameing on the pad back in the day

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

they should make a 4DS

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

Samson over here hauling his PS5 around. alright

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i definitely considered plugging my wiiu in on a plane and gameing on the pad back in the day

i did it and it pwned

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think about the guy on some podcast i used to listen to who spnt an entire flight to LA playing bayonetta 2 on the wii u next to some six year old and his increasinly freaked out mom a good bit

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i did it and it pwned

i only reason i really didnt was because i was too scared carry my precious wiiu around with me for an entire trip and risk it being damaged or stolen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

50 hours in a week man, I can't stop. I was not expecting a FF6-esque twist; the final Searching for Friends moments were awesome. When it took a bit to show her face I thought 'Punished Serena', but nope she's fine. Then you find Veronica right after that and pieces fall into place. Top 10 GOAT.

savor this feeling, act 3 is coming to ruin everything

o noo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!