Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My mom took me to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade when I was 4, and it is one of the most miserable childhood memories I have. It wasn't fun, that was the year that there was supposed to be a Sonic the Hedgehog float but something happened to it so I was even LESS enthusiastic, I was bored and freezing, and the first time my mom asked me if I wanted to go home, I said yes. :smith:

We talked about it yesterday (31 years later) and my mom was like, "I didn't know you hated it, you were so quiet!" and I explained to her that I was more frozen & bummed out than tantrum-ly enraged. "It wasn't like [least favorite uncle's first wife's] wedding [at which I, age 6, literally hysterically cried during the entire ceremony] or anything," I elaborated, at which point she completely understood.

edit: Uh, well, I feel pretty innocent here. My family's various scandals aren't really things that CAN come up during holidays.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

SilvergunSuperman posted:

may I have the story behind that wedding?

She was a total bitch and I hated her. :shrug: When I was more grown up (when they were LONG divorced), I found out that basically everyone except my groom uncle was feeling exactly how I was feeling, and they were somewhat jealous that I could express it so openly.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
In hindsight it was great pretty much saying what everyone was thinking, but crying that long is tiring as hell