Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
LOOOOOOOVE ME

CAAAAAAUSE IM TOOOOOOOOOOOWN

(if anyone knows what I’m referencing then win an internet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Both are private. I actually didn't notice the Hated was private too, until I asked HCT about it.

I'm so confused
So he's hated twice??

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

WindwardAway posted:

I'm so confused
So he's hated twice??

No, I said I loved salad! I would assume those two cancel each other out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maerlyn posted:

I don't know, I'd still vote Wind but when Hal was close to lunch and those votes dropped off and people turned to Clo instead, it looks really shady, same as what happened with me/Keane/AN Day 1. AN also saved himself with a last minute unverified claim that he refuses to discuss further, which does not look at all suspicious.

i just don't think scum hal would knowingly claim action cop knowing that there's a bunch of song mafia 2 peeps here in the thread who would immediately call him out on it given HCT's claim, that seems like it's almost tempting fate

shwinnebego posted:

Who do you wanna vote

oh also i would flip salad because the fact they somehow are involved in both redirections is MAD suspicious to me, but def don't have enough evidence

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Bifauxnen posted:

If Wind flips scum I'm gonna treat this as more evidence of Hal being scum

If you want to lunch him today I'm actually kind of ok with voting him again
I'll feel like a dumbass if he flips town action cop but he also disappeared after people unvoted him so lol

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
But also, yes, if I made salad smell like poop, he would have two stacks of hated.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

No, I said I loved salad! I would assume those two cancel each other out.

Oh then I completely misread, ignore me!

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I asked about the hated, because during d1 Cloaca thought Salad's hated should have been visible on votefinder in the masonry.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
My confessional is currently part tanks, part me making up smells.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

re: Hal, Hal at least has verified results in Anarc (who also was willing to vote Hal until that point), I really really don't like flipping a claimed town investigative role who has at least a result, just kind of on principle

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Illusionis posted:

I asked about the hated, because during d1 Cloaca thought Salad's hated should have been visible on votefinder in the masonry.

Yeah, I only asked about it after noticing salad's hated wasn't visible.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

LOOOOOOOVE ME

CAAAAAAUSE IM TOOOOOOOOOOOWN

(if anyone knows what I’m referencing then win an internet)

Surely not what you intended but I’m shoehorning this into Phil Ochs’ LOVE ME I’M A LIBERAL

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Monathin posted:

maybe illu, maybe plastic, no one who i'm gonna try and swerve on with 30m to go given i did that all during song 2 and everyone hated me for it lol

I don't think I want Illu out
I don't really think Plastic is scum either, although the one thing that did catch my attention from him is that he's not pushing me like everyone else today
Idk though, maybe that's why I don't think he's scum and I'm just biased

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

WindwardAway posted:

I don't think I want Illu out
I don't really think Plastic is scum either, although the one thing that did catch my attention from him is that he's not pushing me like everyone else today
Idk though, maybe that's why I don't think he's scum and I'm just biased

Hey now, wouldn't that make you think that he's confirmed scum?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
20 minutes left, people.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'd rather flip wind than no one

##vote wind

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cool let’s do it ##vote wind

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uggggggggggh fine

##vote Wind

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Jinx and maybe 🔨

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
:redhammer:

Votecount for Day 2

WindwardAway (8): wologar, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, shwinnebego, Cloacamazing!, shwinnebego, Maerlyn, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, saladscooper, wologar, Maerlyn, saladscooper, wologar, Illusionis, AnonymousNarcotics, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen
Cloacamazing! (1): saladscooper, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, saladscooper, AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (1): PlasticAutomaton, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen
saladscooper (0): Hal Insandenza, Hal Insandenza
Illusionis (0): saladscooper, saladscooper
PlasticAutomaton (0): AnonymousNarcotics, Illusionis, AnonymousNarcotics, Illusionis
Hal Insandenza (0): Bifauxnen, WindwardAway, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, WindwardAway, saladscooper, saladscooper, saladscooper, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (3): Maerlyn, Monathin, WindwardAway

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2022 at 11 p.m. CET -- that's in about 18 minutes.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 6, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Capturing the little telepathic frog felt like a step in the right direction, but losing their captain in no way felt like a fair trade. Today, tempers were higher, fingers were pointed. Are you really a cook? Who did you visit last night? Who visited you? Round and round it went, until finally fingers landed on a redshirt that just... stood out, somehow.

WindwardAway a.k.a. Marcy Antonova, INFILTRATOR-Aligned Human Rogue Biochemist has been confined to the brig!

quote:

Opening the biospecimen containment fields was a stroke of genius. Now the crew are distracted by that rampaging beast, too busy to notice you. Your partner on the other hand had the bright idea of sabotaging the computer systems, which means nothing works the way it’s supposed to and the shuttlebays are on lockdown. Oh well. You’ll figure it out. You’ll be a rich woman if you do.

You are Marcy Antonova, INFILTRATOR-Aligned Human Rogue Biochemist. You win the game when The Beast is dead and you have uncontested control of the vote.

You freed the alien lifeform known as The Beast from containment, which is now rampaging through the ship. As long as that player is alive, you and your partner are invisible to abilities that detect visits. If the alien lifeform is eliminated before you have reached your victory condition, you will be forced to take matters into your own hands, losing your invisibility but gaining the ability to perform a factional nightly kill.

You are carrying a few doses of artificial pheromones that you can use to guide The Beast towards preferential targets and away from you. During the day or twilight (between hammer and flip), you may ##mark up to one player as delicious and up to two players as inedible (for example, you or your partner). The Beast will receive this information at the beginning of the night, but won’t know the origin of the messages. This is a private day action, submitted in Discord.

Should the Beast nevertheless attempt to kill you or your partner, you will automatically expend your remaining stock of pheromones to redirect the Beast to a random other player. If this happens, you lose the ability to use them to signal the Beast for the rest of the game.

At night, you may deploy olfactory chemicals to ##fake A visiting B. Player B will see player A visiting them that night as if player A had a loud action (but receive no other information, e.g. what action A is supposed to have used).

Night 2 begins now. 24 hours for night actions.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Infiltrators! That's why all this is happening! Everything makes more sense now. Well, the crew shall hunt them down, wherever they may be hiding. Their nefarious deeds shall be uncovered, and... wait, what's the foul smell coming from the ventilation system? ... oh.

Hal Insandenza a.k.a. Washington Sigurdson, INFILTRATOR-Aligned Human Computer Hacker has been killed.

quote:

Sabotaging the computer systems was a stroke of genius. Now the crew are scrambling to figure out what’s going on, too busy to notice you. Your partner on the other hand had the bright idea of opening the biospecimen containment fields, which means the shuttlebays are on lockdown and you can’t leave until that thing is dealt with. Oh well. You’ll figure it out. You’ll be a rich man if you do.

You are Washington Sigurdson, INFILTRATOR-Aligned Human Computer Hacker. You win the game when The Beast is dead and you have uncontested control of the vote.

Your partner freed the alien lifeform known as The Beast from containment, which is now rampaging through the ship. As long as that player is alive, you and your partner are invisible to abilities that detect visits. If the alien lifeform is eliminated before you have reached your victory condition, you will be forced to take matters into your own hands, losing your invisibility but gaining the ability to perform a factional nightly kill.

At night, you may ##hack a player to learn the name of the night action they used that night, if any, and who they targeted. If that player’s action would reveal any incriminating information about you or your partner (including but not limited to your alignment or role) tonight, that action fails.

Day 3 begins now. Deadline is in 48 hours.

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, Cloacamazing!, Illusionis, Maerlyn, Monathin, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, wologar

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 09th, 2022 at 11 p.m. CET -- that's in about 2 days.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
OKAY WHAT THE gently caress

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

my headcanon flavor for what just went down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezfseH3m_io

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

loving yes hahahaha

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
lol

Alright, so if the flavor is telling the truth (laughtrack), the scum duo is dead and now we have The Beast to deal with.

Toal, are you the beast?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

the beast killed windward's partner hal, but presumably this means windward *didn't* mark themselves as not delicious to the beast

why she wouldn't have done that is beyond me

unless another power interfered with her attempt to do that

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

okay this game owns

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Also, Cloaca. Do your pheromones only put loved/hated stacks or do they also interact with the beast in some way?

Cloaca pheromones.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also Hal lmao is this your third scum game in a row? That luck is dreadful, sorry buddy!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So assuming we don't have a third faction running around, it's just the Beast left.

:toot:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyways I'd say this clears multiple players but I assume the Beast had no idea who the infiltrators were so back to square one!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

my setup spec? there's another threat to town beyond the beast

keane wasn't really a threat to town, just a survivor

3 threats to town in a 15 player game is too low

there's something else out there imo

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Someone interrupted my night action. I tried to track bif.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

either way we're mainly hunting the beast

the beast is not aligned with the infiltrators though and so was likely agnostic towards their elimination

so i'm not totally sure how to hunt beast/scum/threats to town/whatever rn

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Okay so I don't think I need to reread D2 that closely after all considering the poo poo that just happened

Who is the beast!!

Also, whoever replaced my results with gibberish, I've got my eye on you. Not that it matters considering I went after Hal last night anyway

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

Also, Cloaca. Do your pheromones only put loved/hated stacks or do they also interact with the beast in some way?

I was thinking about Wind's role all night and how there's no way Cloaca would've claimed that same kinda pheromone poo poo if she was the partner and Wind was in danger of being the day's lunch.

It's gotta be Fire and Ice and that's why I couldn't get a goddamn read on anybody!

##vote Cloaca

Except Hal though, god I can't believe I actually correctly read Hal for once, the Better Nate Than Liver freaking worked

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Anyways I'd say this clears multiple players but I assume the Beast had no idea who the infiltrators were so back to square one!

exactly

i think night actions are gonna be the main thing that we have to go on, moreso than scummy posting/voting, which is ... an unusual scenario for this late in the game

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

shwinnebego posted:

Town loses d4 or d5 if they gently caress up, and it sounds like there's a lot of white noise and low powered and harmful townies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

shwinnebego posted:

second beast