Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

saladscooper posted:

I officially retract that framing, it makes zero sense and I have no idea what i was thinking 30 minutes ago when I wrote it

lmao

Salad seemed very scummy on the build up to this post. Excellent display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Anyway, ##vote Wind

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Maerlyn posted:

I do need to reread if I'm still alive but Cloaca/Salad/Plastic will be scrutinized, the flip flopping is hella scummy.

I agree with this. Esp clo and plastic.

For Clo, they said "seems like a better case" but there was no actual case made against me at that time. Seems like scum trying to justify flipping their vote

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, seems like a better case. ##vote Anarc

For Plastic, this also seems like scum making up a reason to jump on a bandwagon that was already at -3

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Eff it. To look like scum and overexplain my vote, that weird post saying how they'd vote Keane and then never getting around to it.

##vote: Anarc

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote plastic

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also just to be clear this is not OMGUS, I would be saying the same thing if the subject of the swerve was anyone else.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

ya'll we are all over the place here

which is absolutely fantastic for scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn, you are among my towniest reads right now

Who do you think is scum?

which cases so far actually resonate with you, which seem meh/flimsy/weak, and which feel outright contrived

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

shwinnebego posted:

ya'll we are all over the place here

which is absolutely fantastic for scum

my brain is mush but this is a towny post and also shwinn is right

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

shwinnebego posted:

Three Keane votes with virtually no reasoning offered

Gonna assume that all three of these Keane voters are town because scum tend to make up "reasons" to "justify" their votes whereas we true townies are unmoored from the shackles of coherent reasoning and motivation and so on

##vote keane

Now that this is over, I want to say that this is my favourite post in the thread.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

WindwardAway posted:

my brain is mush but this is a towny post and also shwinn is right

##vote wind

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I hate to say it because it sounds like I'd vote half the game but I think i'm interested in voting wind, mona, and idk... salad?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

toalpaz is also town

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

aight fuckos strap in for a shwin effortpost, which is still a classic shwin shitpost since my effortposts still suck. here' my wishy washy bollocks read in roughly town->scum order

shwin: me, town

maer: voted keane w/o explanation which as i've said was towny and also binus read her as strong town and implied mechanical reason to think that

wologar: keane's main target. never felt keane's case, also wologar voted keane with no explanation which as i said before is town

toal: towny cuz vibes

salad: no pings, was a team player end of day

illu: posting pretty solidly, meta-wise i'd say i almost always read illu as town and haven't ever seen 'em as scum so shrug

hal: bif susses hal hard, no idea why

plastic: if anarc is town, plastic is an interesting scum candidate. there is absolutely nothing particularly towny about plastic imo - they did move from maerlyn to anac and then didn't move to keane, which is meaningless imo

cloaca: no clue, posting about the same as she usually does - and i've seen her as both alignments

bif: extremely leaning into her "new mellow meta" harder than i've ever seen. decent chance of being scum as if i were to guess knowing what i know of bif (which is admittedly not a TON) i think she'd have an easier time acting as scum than as town. my respect for bif's scum game is such that she will never rise above this position on a list like this without mechanical confirmation of some kind

monathin: i sussed him early D1 mainly on tryhard vibes hittin me wrong. voted keane late, never voted anarc or maerlyn. this could be a scummy vote pattern if anarc is scum

anarc: one of the folks who got shifted away from, decent target

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

forgot windward

most recent post is scummy. top 4 for scum

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote Illusionis

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

if windward was asleep around deadline then nevermind, but assuming she was around i don't like that she voted maerlyn and just stayed on maerlyn

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

##vote Illusionis

explain yourself!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

shwinnebego posted:

maer: voted keane w/o explanation which as i've said was towny

wologar: voted keane with no explanation which as i said before is town

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm still not understanding why some people are saying the swing off me makes me scummy, but not considering that the swing ONTO me was just as quick, and was away from maer/keane.

I think we need to look at the people who were swinging. Clo. Plastic. Wolo?

Also I'm not 1000% convinced that maer is town. Not saying that I think she's necessarily scummy, but that in my head she isn't "confirmed town" based on her claim

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Why was voting Keane with no explanation towny?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

##vote Illusionis

explain yourself!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Why was voting Keane with no explanation towny?

shwinnebego posted:

Three Keane votes with virtually no reasoning offered

Gonna assume that all three of these Keane voters are town because scum tend to make up "reasons" to "justify" their votes whereas we true townies are unmoored from the shackles of coherent reasoning and motivation and so on

##vote keane

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

oops double post sorry

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##unvote

i used random dot org to pick who to vote as a joke because voting people without explanation is town behavior

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Oh. I definitely thought that was a joke post.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I'm still not understanding why some people are saying the swing off me makes me scummy, but not considering that the swing ONTO me was just as quick, and was away from maer/keane.

speaking for myself it's cuz i know keane was non-scum and i strongly believe that maerlyn is town

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

saladscooper posted:

##unvote

i used random dot org to pick who to vote as a joke because voting people without explanation is town behavior

OK now I'm lost

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i just want my good pal shwiffles to think i'm town, is that so much to ask

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Your shitposting may have made it easier for people to jump on you with a clean conscience.

I think we need to look at the people who were swinging. Clo. Plastic. Wolo?

Hey, I only swung between you and Keane. The two people I voted all three real life days (besides my initial Yami jokevote).

Also I'm not 1000% convinced that maer is town. Not saying that I think she's necessarily scummy, but that in my head she isn't "confirmed town" based on her claim

I didn't want to say this EoD because I read Maer as town and didn't want to put even more attention on her, but her dejected posts made me uncomfortable. You can always sub if you don't feel like playing anymore, Maer!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

i just want my good pal shwiffles to think i'm town, is that so much to ask

i mean this would normally have won you some favor with me!

except you didn't stick to your guns and also i already kinda thought you were town

so it seems contrived :catstare:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

shwinnebego posted:

speaking for myself it's cuz i know keane was non-scum and i strongly believe that maerlyn is town

You were voting Keane right until the moment that you jumped on the bandwagon of voting me for basically no reason, putting me at -1

shwinnebego posted:

##vote anarc

not totally sure what the case is but i guess i remember them being sorta weird earlier or something maybe, yeah why not

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Oh. I definitely thought that was a joke post.

fair enough but i would like to clarify that while was drawing rather exaggerated tongue-and-cheek implications out, i was dead serious about my townreads on maerlyn and wologar

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I mean I started D1 by saying I hate joke phase. I poo poo posted. But here I am day 2 and I'm actually trying.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

okay I kind of took the day off posting here but I'm catching back up.

Toalpaz posted:

wow pretend i quoted exactly this but came to the exact opposite conclusion, i think this looks incredibly bad

lmao come off it toal, what use would i have, as scum, in trying to swerve the vote that late, that's a minefield for scum to try and stick their neck out on

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I mean I started D1 by saying I hate joke phase. I poo poo posted. But here I am day 2 and I'm actually trying.

same here, i just did a big ol effortpost! i mean it's no Green Wing High-Citations Novella, but by my standards it's :effort:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Anon was at -1 for a bit before the final swerve onto Keane.

But then this happened:

Wow what the gently caress

I've been in meetings all day. I'm an adorable cook so have fun starving if y'all lunch me

Everyone needs to eat, after all.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
FWIW, I've relaxed my view of ANarc and Illu. Still unsure about Cloaca, Bif and now salad.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar if you had a vig who would you shoot rn

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Scratch that last part. Salad is probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

shwinnebego posted:

wologar if you had a vig who would you shoot rn

Bif.